over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Terry Schiavo...I need ot get this off my chest

Never once did I come across as an expert but I do know alot about pts like her...I'm just stating facts...I've talked to nuero MDs and surgeons at my hospital and have gotten their educated opinion also...Correct me if I am wrong but only 2 NS MDs have said she had a chance of recovery (the two appointed by her parents for the court hearing) and 1 from the MAYO clinic who has said he has had success with pts like her.

If it were you....

IronMike

I see nothing wrong with helping a terminal patient find solace. I just just would like to see the govt step in and mandate the process, creating a right-to-die platform. They shunned Kevorkian for his practice (not just his methods), and he essentially did the same but with, IMO, a more ethical approach. Who are we to say that Terry didn't experience the starvation? How do doctors know whether or not Terry had the ability to feel pain?

I don't know. Maybe there is a scientific approach to being able to see if a near brain dead patient has the ability to experience the most primitive of human functions.

success said:
Never once did I come across as an expert but I do know alot about pts like her...I'm just stating facts...I've talked to nuero MDs and surgeons at my hospital and have gotten their educated opinion also...Correct me if I am wrong but only 2 NS MDs have said she had a chance of recovery (the two appointed by her parents for the court hearing) and 1 from the MAYO clinic who has said he has had success with pts like her.

So 3 NS MDs said she might recover, still not understanding the logic to starver her to death.

hey man that's fine...like i've said before I'm not on either side....I was on Terry's side..alot of people overlooked who was important here...I'm sure you all are right and all those MD's were wrong and she prob could have made a miraculous recovery down the road in another 15 years...all the schooling and research done in the last century is completely wrong...those doctor's do make up alot up of shit.

Another thing is I love how people say the tube feedings aren't life support...it was the only thing keeping her body functioning...and why is terry such a big deal when neonates die everyday because parents chose to not have a feeding tube inserted...these neonates do not have the ability to receive enough nourishment from their parents....they are alive but also can't make decisions for themselves....but everyone is crying and protesting aboutTerry..maybe they should now sit outside every hospital and protest there also

success said:
Another thing is I love how people say the tube feedings aren't life support...it was the only thing keeping her body functioning...and why is terry such a big deal when neonates die everyday because parents chose to not have a feeding tube inserted...these neonates do not have the ability to receive enough nourishment from their parents....they are alive but also can't make decisions for themselves....but everyone is crying and protesting aboutTerry..maybe they should now sit outside every hospital and protest there also

Terry is not a neonate for one, and the reason why this has been such a big deal is because of the legal battle that has taken place. If both parties would have agreed to the removal then nobody would have known who Terry was.

Don't get me wrong. I don't believe that the courts nor the husband did anything wrong. My stance is that our government proved once again, how much of a hypocrite they really are. They allowed euthanasia in terry's case but if you step outside the confines of the court and you are breaking the law. Hence the Kevorkian reference.

di8kids said:
It's ironic that a woman who initially was bolimic--suffered lack of oxygen resulting from cardiac failure because of her bolimia--she dies 15years later--resulting from deprivation of food and water.

I don't know---As difficult a situation as this may seem--Maybe she got what she wanted?

You MIGHT be interested in a few facts. Terry weighed 200lbs in highschool and never went on dates because of this.

In college she lost some weight and began dating Michael. Years later he began making fun of her and complaining because she was gaining weight. Before she went into cardiac arrest she told a coworker that she wanted to divorce her husband because he was abusing her physically and she was growing afraid of him.

Her husband was her guardian which means you are to have her best interest at heart.

Do you think getting a girlfriend and having 2 babies BEFORE divorcing Terry qualifies a person as having their best interests foremost in your actions.

Michael should have been declared unfit to be her guardian when he went off with the other woman.

Guys I gurantee you if you are getting your info ONLY from the media you are NOT getting the REAL facts. I realize my information is second hand but I personally know people who knew BOTH Terry and Michael. He actually is an asshole and displayed this BEFORE Terry ever went into cardiac arrest.

CROWLER

Thanks Phil

This was a great thread and gave us all a place to talk about the strong feelings that this situation brought out in us. I don't know any more about what Terri wanted or didn't want, but I agree that if her parents wanted to take care of her, love her and nurture her in anyway possible, especially as some MDs DID feel she was in a state of low conciousness as opposed to a permanent vegatative state, they should have been granted custody.

She DID NOT leave a living will stating how she would want to be treated in a circumstance like that. The opinion of her husband and two of HIS siblings, that she stated her preference, should have been held suspect. He went on with his life as was his right, why deny Terri's parents their daughter?

I have no bad feelings towards those of you who feel different, just wanted to get my feelings and opinion of my chest. If it was me and EVEN ONE reputable doctor gave me a chance of improvement or a diagnosis of some level of conciousness, I would want to live till God other wise called me home. But we each have to decide for ourselves. The question is who decided for Terri?

her wishes were finally granted.she asked not to be put on life support,and that's what he tried to do.so who are we to judge her wishes,it was her choice not anybody eleses.i'm glad she got her wish and is resting in piece.
and the gov't had no business trying to step.that's the problem the gov't stcking their nose in everybodies business.

may she R.I.P and suffer no longer

leap

I agree with you Crowler

Crowler said:
You MIGHT be interested in a few facts. Terry weighed 200lbs in highschool and never went on dates because of this.

In college she lost some weight and began dating Michael. Years later he began making fun of her and complaining because she was gaining weight. Before she went into cardiac arrest she told a coworker that she wanted to divorce her husband because he was abusing her physically and she was growing afraid of him.

Her husband was her guardian which means you are to have her best interest at heart.

Do you think getting a girlfriend and having 2 babies BEFORE divorcing Terry qualifies a person as having their best interests foremost in your actions.

Michael should have been declared unfit to be her guardian when he went off with the other woman.

Guys I gurantee you if you are getting your info ONLY from the media you are NOT getting the REAL facts. I realize my information is second hand but I personally know people who knew BOTH Terry and Michael. He actually is an asshole and displayed this BEFORE Terry ever went into cardiac arrest.

CROWLER

That is why I left this remark questioned--I don't know---As difficult a situation as this may seem--Maybe she got what she wanted?

I really don't think she got what she wanted. From the very beginning--her husband exclaimed "when is that b*tch going to die!" He got really upset when the nurses would tell him that she was still alive.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner