over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Test and Tendons

I have always seen these numbers thrown out there for "increased collagen synthesis" for certain AS… but where are the studies all this is based on?

I have posted studies before on here on oxandrolone, Durabolin and GH increasing collagen synthesis...

There is a majority more on oxandrolone and GH though.

I think the original article has a number of inaccuracies, or at least items that sound very unlikely and require some evidence.

I do not believe that testosterone dramatically inhibits collagen synthesis. Actually, a study bellow shows it has little impact.

BUT some AAS (e.g. stanozol) do increase collagen synthesis:
**broken link removed**

I can probably find more if i poke around pubmed.

Test doesn't make tendons weaker, it makes muscles stronger without a proportional increase in tendon strength. At least thats what I have always been told/believed.

Fair enough. But do you cycle on and off? Have you ever cycled 750mg for 20 weeks? It may keep you full but I don't believe it will keep your joints happy. Like I said above I don't know the answers but I always was told testosterone was bad for tendons. I have asked numerous doctors about this and they agreed. Where are they getting their info from if it isn't true. Obviously genetics will play a major role as it is everything in life. Some may never be effected.

A pushdown machine wire snapped on me and my arms were quickly rasied up. As a result I injured my shoulder.... blah blah... seen one of the senior doctors in local hospital and when I took my shirt off the first question he asked is do I take steriods. I said no just pro hormones. He goes on to mention how testosterone weakens tendons etc. I don't think he believed me cos he mentioned a few other things... and actually he was really knowledgable unlike most (nearly all) of the doctors I have met in the past.

Anyway if thats what you expeience then thats good cos you obviously don't have issues. But for many of us I reckon this is an interesting subject.

I'm on pretty much only test year round high doses, occasionally cycling other compounds as well. My joints have been fine.

The truth is all anabolics increase collagen synthesis, collagen synthesis is a central aspect of anabolism. In what manner and to what extent it increases collagen synthesis differs. This is the reason certain compounds seem to improve joint health while others like winstrol seem to make them worse. Also, what's often more important is the increase of contractual force provided by the newly accumulated muscle compared to the degree of collagen synthesis occurring, which can lead to injury if the tendons and ligaments cannot support themselves. I have no doubt EQ does increase collagen synthesis but not nearly to the extent that that article attempts to claim, as if numbers like that could even be scientifically attainable. The only AAS with studies to back them up with regards to have positive effects on tendons and ligaments is anavar and deca i believe. And there are studies on some others, but not with medical value.

I have been told by my doctor that test causes tendon degredation. I have tendonitis as we speak, and am on test and eq.

Gonna be one of lifes mysteries then :) Obviously it is common sense that the gained muscle, weight and strength is likely to overload tendons in certain people. So I see the validity in one saying test doesn't weaken tendons just makes everything stronger and the tendons can't keep up. But I have literally asked about 6 or 7 doctors in the past and all have said it does weaken them. Again if this were true it may only effect certain people to the degree in which they notice it when lifting... whilst others still feel fine. Would love to have a definite answer on this subject. Everything can have many outcomes but does test weaken tendons... yes or no.

I am confused now. If I had to guess (cos can't find any studies) I would probably now say it is simply tendons weaken over time in many (I think we all know that). But with the added strength, weight and gained muscle testosterone can bring it accelerates that process... basically they can't cope with the increased weights and stress etc.

But as Dragonfire stated I defo know deca, avar and HGH improves tendons. Thats why I am gonna use the 3 in the next year at different times with a low dose of test. I will let you know how I feel in a year or so from following some protocols listed in the article above :)

It doesn't make any sense why any anabolic would decrease tissue repair. This IS the process of anabolism. Why in the world testosterone would reduce collagen synthesis, yet all the other increase it is absurd to me. Low testosterone is associated with joint problems, TRT is often therapeutic for joints, why this would change with a higher dose is beyond me. Beyond that, why would the collagen synthesizing benefits of those anabolics disappear if a supraphysical dose of testosterone is used. This article is full of holes, its time that article saw the trash. injuries on cycle occur from disturbances in the collagen formation process as is the case for stanozolol, or from strength being too high for the joints to handle.

I don't know if I'd call that an "article." If all that is true, why do most AAS users' joints feel better when "on" as opposed to "off?" The winstrol info about tendons is funny.

wht work for me is deca and eq wont cycle without one of em,nver done test alone so i cant gv info ther,broke and torn my shoulder from mma deca was gving to me to help heal and keep going been hooked ever since,so i can say deca helped me very much

I dont know what is true or not, but ALL of my tears have been while i was on winny. I love winny, but i dont think i will use it again.

Test doesn't make tendons weaker, it makes muscles stronger without a proportional increase in tendon strength. At least thats what I have always been told/believed.

This is what my doc told me. A year ago when I was in the ER with snapped quad tendons from squatting, the first question the ortho asked me was "do you take anabolic steroids?" Explaining they increase the strength of the muscles, but do nothing to increase the tendons strength, so they can be overloaded.

I explained I was only on dr prescribed HRT at 200 mg / 2 weeks, he just shrugged it off and said that small amount would not cause the breakage.

I have been told by my doctor that test causes tendon degredation. I have tendonitis as we speak, and am on test and eq.

lol i was told by my doctor "endo" that testosterone injections shrink your penis. needless to say i never saw him again and i never take anything a doc says serious haha.

lol i was told by my doctor "endo" that testosterone injections shrink your penis. needless to say i never saw him again and i never take anything a doc says serious haha.

Hey he has a point... the bigger and wider your body gets the smaller it will look. But yeah many doctors are idiots

Hey he has a point... the bigger and wider your body gets the smaller it will look. But yeah many doctors are idiots

That's what got me into bodybuilding in the first place! lol.... before it was just intimidating!

If you cant believe your Doc than who do you believe?? "Bro's" on forums? to each is own I guess

i know what you mean all those years of school and it seems like some of them dont know shit, amazing

That's what I always thought. I mean if test made tendons weaker wouldn't female athletes never have injuries?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear