over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

test and your ticker, STUDY

Geoffke

Banned
Steroids will cause your kidneys to implode, your heart to blow a ventricle, and your liver to squirt out of your arse, fly across the room, and knock the cat off the futon. We read it on the Internet and saw an after school special about it, so it must be true, right?

Actually, the more you learn about steroids, the more you come to realize that, like all drugs, there's a difference between their intelligent use and outright abuse. In this article, Doug Kalman takes a look at the effects of Testosterone on the heart. What he found may surprise you.

Over the years we've all heard the repeated mantra that anabolic steroids are bad for the heart. Some physicians will tell you that gear raises your risk of heart disease by lowering your good cholesterol (HDL) and raising your bad cholesterol (LDL). In fact, as some docs will tell you, steroids are known to even induce cardiac hypertrophy (enlargement of the heart). And since you can't flex your heart in an effort to woo women, who'd want that?

But, as in every story, there's more than one side. In fact, let it be said, the dangers of steroids are overstated and, hold onto your seats, may even be good for the heart. Let's examine some of the scientific studies on the positive effects of Testosterone on the heart.

What are the cardiovascular effects of steroids?

Cardiologists at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Australia recruited both juicing and non-juicing bodybuilders for a study. Each bodybuilder had various aspects of the heart measured (carotid intima-media thickness, arterial reactivity, left ventricular dimensions, etc.). These measurements indicate whether bodybuilding, steroid usage or both affect the function, size, shape and activity of the heart.

The doctors found some obvious and not so obvious results. Predictably, those bodybuilders who used steroids were physically stronger than those who didn't. What was surprising was that the use of steroids was not found to cause any significant changes or abnormalities of arterial structure or function.

In essence, when the bodybuilders (both groups) were compared with sedentary controls, any changes in heart function were common to bodybuilders. The take home message from this study is that bodybuilding itself can alter (not impair) arterial structure/function and that steroids do not appear to impair cardiac function. (1)

YEs

and I really believe the heart only grows WITH the body; as to support it. So when people say 'roids makes your heart grow, well DUH! If you put on 30 + lbs in a year or even more, your heart better damn grow!

havent sceen you in a while bro hope you got everything straight and are doing well for a change lol good info!

preist943 said:
havent sceen you in a while bro hope you got everything straight and are doing well for a change lol good info!

2 times in a month i bring a visit to a man who helps contestbodybuilders.... and the dude helps me a lot. He tells me how to eat, etc... I'm just to stupid to figger it out on my own :rolleyes:
It really open my eyes... there are so many secrets, i just didn't know... The dude sais i have it in me, and i have good genetics... so if i do everything right i could compete next year... in a national compition... not the veterans, the junioren (21y.)
I hope i'm ready then, but it's stimulates me a lot to eat and train right... and with the help of the big bro's here, i will archieve my goal to win the national title, for sure... But that's not for now... 1 step at the time. :D

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner