over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Testosterone sensitivity and results

gelatine

Registered
From examining posted bloodwork, it's easy to see that people seem to have a large variance in blood levels of testosterone for a given dose. For example, those on HRT may take as little as 100mg/wk or as much as 250mg/wk to maintain a healthy high end total testosterone of 1000ng/dl.

Where does the difference in incoming testosterone go? Between these two subjects there is effectively 150mg of testosterone that is either not absorbed or...?

Does the person who jumps up to the top of the natural range at 100mg/wk have an objectively "better" response to AAS? It seems intuitive to me that the person getting 100mg/wk will see a much larger change in blood levels moving to a 800mg/wk blast than the person getting 250mg/wk.

Is it reasonable to assume that people will achieve results based not on their dosage per se, but rather the blood levels? Are people who see easy jumps in blood levels of testosterone at a genetic advantage?

When you are hypogonadal you have very little to no testosterone in circulation.So anything between 100-200 mg per week will put you in the middle to high range of normal.

for hypogonadal males usually
100 mg cyp or enth will put them in the 500-600 range
200 mg cyp or enth will put them in the 700-900 range

When you are not hypogonadal and already have normal levels of testosterone circulating and add even moderate to high HRT doses your levels will go out of range at first. This is where the difference you are speaking of comes into play.People arent "better responders" (well,for the most part anyway)they just have their own testosterone plus the extra being injected bringing levels higher than someone without any circulating to begin with.But eventually within a couple months you begin shutting down your own production and you will only have what you are injecting in your system,responding just like a hypogonadal male because at that point you are shut down and are hypogonadal.Hopefully this is temporary and where people bring in PCT to help restore natural levels.

This is also why it is neccassary to increase dosages at a given point as you need more and more to sustain levels and even more to make gains for many reasons.

People do respond differently to every drug and testosterone is no exception .some people also do have more free testosterone than others with less doses etc.... but i think the above answers your question.I hope so anyway,lol.

EDIT:Also people on HRT start out at different levels.Someone with a total test of 50 is going to respond different to 100mgs of cyp than someone starting at a total test level of 299.

Last edited:
When you are not hypogonadal and already have normal levels of testosterone circulating and add even moderate to high HRT doses your levels will go out of range at first.

I definitely see what you're saying, but I don't think we can assume that natural test levels are primarily to blame. Shut down starts within the first week, and while your natural test production may not entirely go away for a couple of months, I contend it's negligible after 2 weeks on HRT and that it is not a primary factor.

Even if I'm wrong, the main data point I'd like to explore isn't the dude running 100mg of test and getting over 1k free test in bloodwork, but rather the guy taking 250mg of test and getting pretty much the same result. In my experience, 100-150mg is all anyone I've personally met has been prescribed and this places them in the appropriate range.

I definitely see what you're saying, but I don't think we can assume that natural test levels are primarily to blame. Shut down starts within the first week, and while your natural test production may not entirely go away for a couple of months, I contend it's negligible after 2 weeks on HRT and that it is not a primary factor.
Not quite that quick

Even if I'm wrong, the main data point I'd like to explore isn't the dude running 100mg of test and getting over 1k free test in bloodwork, but rather the guy taking 250mg of test and getting pretty much the same result. In my experience, 100-150mg is all anyone I've personally met has been prescribed and this places them in the appropriate range. Yes

Too many individual patient factors in what you are pondering to give an absolute answer or conclusion be made.

Last edited:
Steroids never worked for me like they do others. I've always been on the low end of test levels so basically I am already starting off with a handi-cap. I think I need to take around 1 gram a week to get the same results from someone using 500mgs per week.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar