over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Texas Pro 2021 top 3

No, I'm not saying Phil should have won, but he was the best from back: combination of size, separation, condition.

As for Guy, he has been getting worse places every time, he is 40 years old but he has been in the sport for many years (remember that he competed with Jose, Henry, etc.), his body will not improve and neither will his placements. Also, there are very young guys who are exploding all the time. His back was never good but now his front shots are also bad.

8384234.jpg

8384263.jpg

8384266.jpg

8384288.jpg

8384290.jpg
YES! Phil wins the rear shots. Look at the detail in his back, even in the lat spread you can see his detail. Hams and glutes were tight.

From the photos, Phil has those shots. I'f Kuclo was was 5lbs tighter, he probably would have pulled it. I imagine too close to call, unless you're sitting right there.

The pic looks good from far away, but if you blow it up you can tell he’s relatively soft and watery. He just happens to have a lot of vascularity and it makes him appear leaner

Thats a Will Whitmann photo and edited to the max. The size difference alone he looks like he doesnt belong in the lineup. 100% time to hang it up.

The more I see the more I understand why Iain won. Again it could have got either way and I wouldn't argue. Phil's legs are too small compared to the others but he has a lot more detailing in his back. I wasn't there but I have Phil (followed by Iain) for the rear shots. If Kuclo was tighter he would have won but his conditioning whilst not really bad was not good enough to win. It's going to be hard for him at the Arnold so he will miss the O this year. Overall I think Iain takes it but by a very small margin.

Regarding Guy well they all use that photographer's highly enhanced photos on their instagram but he didn't actually look like that. There is no point in him competing anymore because he has regressed (can't get it back) and he doesn't need competing to make money and he will be fine ($) without it. He was never a great competitor as in winning big shows because he simply doesn't have the genetics. Given a 1st call out is a massive gift but that can't go on for long and if he carries on competing he will just be in 2nd-3rd callouts so weighing everything up (health) there really isn't any need for him because he has always made money from his personality over his placings. He always had some strong and weak shots but now many of his past strong poses are weak and he can't compete with the new guys nevermind the best ones. Now if he really wanted to carry on then sure go for it but retiring was the smart decision.

YES! Phil wins the rear shots. Look at the detail in his back, even in the lat spread you can see his detail. Hams and glutes were tight.

I'm 100% a conditioning guy and Phil beats them both without question. I'm telling you in person the difference in size was just too much for me personally. I agree with everything you said, but the sheer muscularity discrepancy was too much for me to give him the nod. I met him at Destination Sunday, awesome/friendly person.

Thats a Will Whitmann photo and edited to the max. The size difference alone he looks like he doesnt belong in the lineup. 100% time to hang it up.

Exactly. I couldn't think of his name but they are all posting his photos because everyone looks amazing in them.

I'm 100% a conditioning guy and Phil beats them both without question. I'm telling you in person the difference in size was just too much for me personally. I agree with everything you said, but the sheer muscularity discrepancy was too much for me to give him the nod. I met him at Destination Sunday, awesome/friendly person.
Hell no I wouldn't have given him the win. I'm just saying he looked the best from the back, a show is won by who has the best size, shape, and symmetry. I would have given kuclo the win if I was judging. He did need to be a tad leaner and tighter to be the clear winner here. If Ian and Steve are both 100% each time Steve wins 🏆

Regarding Guy well they all use that photographer's highly enhanced photos on their instagram but he didn't actually look like that. There is no point in him competing anymore because he has regressed (can't get it back) and he doesn't need competing to make money and he will be fine ($) without it. He was never a great competitor as in winning big shows because he simply doesn't have the genetics. Given a 1st call out is a massive gift but that can't go on for long and if he carries on competing he will just be in 2nd-3rd callouts so weighing everything up (health) there really isn't any need for him because he has always made money from his personality over his placings. He always had some strong and weak shots but now many of his past strong poses are weak and he can't compete with the new guys nevermind the best ones. Now if he really wanted to carry on then sure go for it but retiring was the smart decision.
While I agree with pretty much everything you say, I wouldn't say he was never a great competitor. Might have been smaller shows, or smart tactics in picking the right shows, or as many might claim "gifts" but he did manage to get 7 pro wins (including a NY Pro win) so in the record books that makes him a very good competitor. Most pros are lucky if they get one win in their career, so can't discredit him too much.

havent seen anything on here posted about it yet but was this the show a certain coach had someone else die he was prepping?

While I agree with pretty much everything you say, I wouldn't say he was never a great competitor. Might have been smaller shows, or smart tactics in picking the right shows, or as many might claim "gifts" but he did manage to get 7 pro wins (including a NY Pro win) so in the record books that makes him a very good competitor. Most pros are lucky if they get one win in their career, so can't discredit him too much.
I completely agree. Great was a bad choice of words from me because he was a top tier competitor for many years. I just meant he was never going to win the Olympia and whilst he won some big shows (mainly the NY Pro) his competition record isn't the main reason why he has the fan base he currently has. I think his highest finish at the O was 6th but he was usually around 8th on average. So definitely a great competitor but it's not like he was top 3 so with some regression and older age he could still pull off some wins at smaller shows due to shape/genetics. He literally if judged fairly won't make the top 10 in any big show (and top 5 at something like the NY Pro) so is there any real point going to that and risking his health when his best is behind him and he had a great career.

havent seen anything on here posted about it yet but was this the show a certain coach had someone else die he was prepping?

That topic won't be popular on here. All the danger talk we hear about is for gear but the most dangerous thing in bodybuilding are diuretics when depleted to begin with. Certain coaches give certain clients extreme protocols to follow and sadly this can be the end result especially when they throw multiple different diuretics at them without completely understanding their mechanisms of action and what exactly they do in the body especially when combined with various other things. I am not stating this has gone on in this case (impossible to know) but I have heard multiple stories regards such protocols.

I should add it wasn't this show. It was the Spain Pro in Alicante.

steve easily has best genetics on stage.
way more pleasing and flowing physique.
imo he shoulda won. especially since iain just came off a win n didnt need this one
but steve really exposes iains awkward structure
-F

That topic won't be popular on here. All the danger talk we hear about is for gear but the most dangerous thing in bodybuilding are diuretics when depleted to begin with. Certain coaches give certain clients extreme protocols to follow and sadly this can be the end result especially when they throw multiple different diuretics at them without completely understanding their mechanisms of action and what exactly they do in the body especially when combined with various other things. I am not stating this has gone on in this case (impossible to know) but I have heard multiple stories regards such protocols.
I've said this for decades.. these guys strive for ridiculous conditioning which is beyond unhealthy.. stimulants.. thyroid meds.. diuretics.. and it's not just for shows.. BUT FOR THEIR INSTAGRAM!.. They insist on 24/7 conditioning that borders on insanity.. all for social media.. it may get worse for shows but it's a constant thing.. now add in hard training.. gear.. pre workout Stims and the blood pressure and thick blood viscosity and you recipe for disaster..

She was a bodybuilder from the Czech Republic on a show in Spain, Bostin accused his coach (Shelby) of throwing tons of diuretics.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear