advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TEXAS STEROID TESTING RESULTS FOR HIGH SCHOOLS..

LATS

Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
Staff member
Registered
texas.. the nations largest high school enrollment just finished its round of steroid testing of 16,000 student athletes.. 8 TESTED POSITIVE... since feb of '08 they have tested 42,000 students.. with just 19 positives.. they were thinking much larger results since they have 4 million allocated to the program.. since the dismal results are in they have agreed to slash the funding to 2 million dollars..
now we are all in favor of having no one under 21 doing gear.. i think most can agree.. but, what would the results be testing for pot?.. or coke? or speed of various sorts.. i can guarantee ya the results would have been 4 times the gear testing.. or better.. yet they see fit to test steroids with the least results.. government at work :rolleyes:
a recent study done found that less than 1% of high schoolers had done steroids.. and that results was in error because many of the students thought creatine was considered a steroid :rolleyes:.. yet the same study found that triple that had tried coke ... yet again, we test for steroids.. will the stupidity never end..?

sorry guys i had to edit above.. IT WAS JUST 19 TOTAL SINCE FEB OF '08...

texas.. the nations largest high school enrollment just finished its round of steroid testing of 16,000 student athletes.. 8 TESTED POSITIVE... since feb of '08 they have tested 42,000 students.. with just 19 positives.. they were thinking much larger results since they have 4 million allocated to the program.. since the dismal results are in they have agreed to slash the funding to 2 million dollars..
now we are all in favor of having no one under 21 doing gear.. i think most can agree.. but, what would the results be testing for pot?.. or coke? or speed of various sorts.. i can guarantee ya the results would have been 4 times the gear testing.. or better.. yet they see fit to test steroids with the least results.. government at work :rolleyes:
a recent study done found that less than 1% of high schoolers had done steroids.. and that results was in error because many of the students thought creatine was considered a steroid :rolleyes:.. yet the same study found that triple that had tried coke ... yet again, we test for steroids.. will the stupidity never end..?

They obviously funneled the money towards the wrong tests...what a waste! You are totally correct, if they would test for some rec drugs, well:eek: there would be alot more positives!

And that's just testing those in sports, right? I see it alot since I'm coaching High school football now. No kids on juice but I see a bunch of kids walking the hallways that look stoned out their minds.
At any level the war on drugs is a failure. I agree no one under(I'll even say 25) should be using. Maybe some of that money can go into teaching nutrition and education!! If kids learn how to look and feel good with just food it will make a big impact on future adults and health

If I remember correctly Texas, Florida and maybe 1 other state are the only states with this program. What a waste of funds, just think what the money could go towards... books, computers, furniture, construction, maintenance, bldg equipment, sports equipment and most of all pay raises for our under paid teaches etc, etc, etc. Right, wrong or other, just my 2 cents.

If I remember correctly Texas, Florida and maybe 1 other state are the only states with this program. What a waste of funds, just think what the money could go towards... books, computers, furniture, construction, maintenance, bldg equipment, sports equipment and most of all pay raises for our under paid teaches etc, etc, etc. Right, wrong or other, just my 2 cents.

that is exactly what I was thinking. I used to teach and I know how poor the pay is and how stretched the money is. Its been over 7 years since I taught too, things werent nearly as bad back then as they are now. Cut back the funding to 2 million! What a waste of 4 million dollars. IMO its a waste to test for drugs period, no matter what kind.

In my years of playing in high school (four). I can safely say we had zero players on steroids to my knowledge. Now if you were to have tested the team at any time during those four years for pot, I bet at least 20% would fail. Hell, nearly the entire senior class of my freshman year would have failed! We did have one big guy on our team that didn't lift much (easily could have went D1, maybe beyond had he cared) and was huge and strong as an ox. But he didn't apply himself OFF the field, only on. No way the dude used gear. Too dumb in the first place actually....

Hell, we had players that were nearly drunk playing during the game! No one gave a damn but had they found an unmarked pill in their locker, hell would have been dished out!

the high school I used to teach at would have police come in with drug dogs and sniff out each and every class room and locker. The students had to open up their lockers and then the dog would walk by each one. The whole school was scanned pretty darn fast and it did not disrupt my teaching at all. It was quite effective. The inspection days were always unknown. not even the teachers knew about it. Im not sure if anyone in the administration even knew ahead of time. Each run they would find at least 3 or 4 stashes of drugs. Cocaine, pot, you name it. This did not cost much to run. Noway this would cost millions to do.

Im not suprised at all...I think high school kids are more scared of AAS than of coke or meth. or anything like that...

chris

Im not suprised at all...I think high school kids are more scared of AAS than of coke or meth. or anything like that...

chris

That was sort of my thinking as well, when I think back to high school. We all know how uneducated the normal population is and I was included in that back then. The media hypes these lovely things:

- Steroids will kill you.
- You will have uncontrollable roid rage
- It will shrink your testicles (true but people think it is forever)
- You will never be able to have kid (ok, maybe some truth to that)
- They are insanely expensive and are bought from coke/crack dealers (maybe.....)
- The list goes on.

Then you add 14-18 year olds using needles, that ain't going to happen! I was scared to death to use a needle nearly 10 years later. Of course there are orals and I'm wondering if that wasn't the bulk of what was found in these teens. Those are probably the biggest problem with teens and steroids, versus injectables. Easier to use, easier to get, easier to conceal, etc.

All that money!!

Yet they are laying off a sh*t load of teachers here where I live.

Sad, Sad, Sad :(

Yet they are laying off a sh*t load of teachers here where I live.

Sad, Sad, Sad :(

so true. test for stuff that isn't a big problem, but the media wants to make it seem as though it is an epidemic, but lay off the teachers because they don't have the budget for them

chris

I do not thing that is what it is. I believe it is based more on demand. Look at how many of our kids these days are obese and inactive. Most kids could care less about bodybuilding etc. All they want to do is party and have a good time. Parties are where you socialize and meet girls. Just about every party I ever went to had drugs,and if you didnt do something you were a bit of an oddball. Drinking of course is done the most, but drugs of whatever sort were common even back in the 80s when I was in high school. They say that prescription drugs are really big now.
So if most kids want rec drugs, they are going to be the most common and easiest to get ahold of. Steroids are not as easy to obtain. Lets face it, most steroids these days are gotten over the internet though the mail. Do not see many local dealers anymore, and many of those are fairly responsible and would never sell to a kid. The guys I can think of were that way. Hell, you had to know them for months before they would even think about it. So its a fact that there is low demand and not easily obtained.
Rec drugs on the other hand are easily gotten. Kids in my school used to sell right out of their damn locker. I lived in a nice town too, not the inner city. Average home price there would probably be $175 k, so its everywhere and not just the big cities.
I really dont understand the big fascination with steroids, and wasting millions of dollars on trying to bust a few athletes when the threat of rec drugs is 100x more common or more. Rec drugs can kill too, overdosing is not unheard of. A classmate of mine died at Ohio State when he was a Sophomore. Apparently was messing with some powerful rec drugs and overdosed. The son of a prominent doctor in town too.

chris

Then let's compare the number of lives nearly ruined or ruined by hard drugs vs the number of lives ruined by steroids. Even greg valentino seems to have made out pretty well.

I just don't see how anyone can lump these things together like they're in the same league.

2 million or 4 million bucks? wow that's another great use of taxpayer money

Then let's compare the number of lives nearly ruined or ruined by hard drugs vs the number of lives ruined by steroids. Even greg valentino seems to have made out pretty well.

I just don't see how anyone can lump these things together like they're in the same league.

I bet 99% of the lives ruined by steroids are caused by the government putting people away for their use.

Steroid testing in HS is such a joke..when i went to HS, my bud and I were the only ones in our school using..but EVERYONE smoked kush

GELATINE.. GREAT POST.. think of how many people's lives have been ruined for a hormone.. lack of job because of prior arrest for a hormone.. we treat it like a narcotic.. silly..

Politicians admitting wasting money

New Jersey was the first to implement testing. Florida was the first to drop it because of the state budget. NJ was considering dropping for the same reason the last time I saw an article in the paper about it.

"New Jersey, Florida, Texas and Illinois have tried steroid testing since 2006, and an examination of the results by The Associated Press shows that only 18 tests out of 30,799 have come back positive."

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

New Jersey was the first to implement testing. Florida was the first to drop it because of the state budget. NJ was considering dropping for the same reason the last time I saw an article in the paper about it.

"New Jersey, Florida, Texas and Illinois have tried steroid testing since 2006, and an examination of the results by The Associated Press shows that only 18 tests out of 30,799 have come back positive."

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

There goes that epidemic the media was hoping for.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws