over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thanks Ivan

Ivan said:
EXACTLY..what a toolshed...:cool:
Ivan just finished watching that flick. Really good. It gives you weirdness of quanta without filling your head full of complex equations. I think the part I like best is where all the basketballs are bouncing and only when percieved does the basketball "decide" where it wanted to be. I've seen this in an experiment with photons where there can be no doubt that the photon actually travels every available path (one particle, infinite paths!). Only when percieved does the photon "decide" which way it WENT. I hope everyone can realize just how "weird" this is and the consequences involved!

Thanks for the tip. Now I know you'd enjoy The Elegant Universeif you haven't already read it.

side note: I think I know that girl... was that marlee matlin? In my younger days, I worked with a guy who was partially deaf and since I knew sign, we became friends. He ended up sitting the bench on the ND football squad but he went to the same school (for the deaf) as she did and whoa... when she was younger she was a pretty hot little number is all I can say. marlee if you're reading this, I never said a bad word about you... it was all in sign.

yeah, this thread peaked my curiousity and I rented the flick last night. Pretty interesting stuff. I could tie it in with the science of getting rich book I've been reading. I really took to heart the scientist that creates his day every morning and how it plays out like he's created it often times.

tbonus said:
yeah, this thread peaked my curiousity and I rented the flick last night. Pretty interesting stuff. I could tie it in with the science of getting rich book I've been reading. I really took to heart the scientist that creates his day every morning and how it plays out like he's created it often times.
tbonus,

what's the name of that getting rich book? We were talking about that on here a while back and I wanted to read that too. now i can't find the thread.

thx

check out thescienceofgettingrich.net (I think that is the link) or google it. they have a free download of the book!

Has anyone seen the extended version n What the BLEEP – Down the Rabbit Hole?

Funny story about What the Bleep do we know.

My wife and I watched it and the next day we went to a small tourist town in middle FL. I saw a man down by the water doing what looked like yoga while standing with his eyes close.

I have NO idea what prompted me to do this BUT I went up to him when he was finished and said "You probably will think I am crazy but have you ever seen the movie 'What the Bleep Do We Know'. He says that is my favorite movie in the world. For the next two hours him, my wife, his two friends and I discussed the movie.

To add to the oddity of this, for some reason I asked if he spoke Spanish, turns out he spoke PERFECT Spanish with no english or American accent which made it even easier for my wife and I to discuss the movie and life in general

Strange story I thought some of you might find interesting.

CROWLER

ouchthathurts...

i too have just finished reading greens elegant universe- may i also recommend to you lisa randall's 'warped passages- unravelling the mysteries of the universes hidden dimensions.' a very good read as well. she purports as you suggested multiple dimensions other than the 'big 3' that we know of. physics can also show eventhough a photon has been separated from a photon from the same atom any kind of action affecting the first atom will affect the second similarly , despite the lack of any kind of stimulus acting on the second.

crowler- what you experienced ties in quite well with the idea of synchronicity as first expressed by jung. such things like your example are extraordinary events often overlooked by and unfortunately dismissed by too many as coincidence.

as for 'time' i feel 'time' is a man made measurement. in an infinite universe i dont think the idea of time can exist. no measurement for what is immeasurable is possible. ' time' and its constraints confuse rather than clarify.

BFU

I just watched this movie....WOW that was an eyeopener for me.....It hit home in many ways to me.....Thanks Ivan for telling us about that movie...

I caught this movie about a year ago and I must say its entertaining. I actually enjoyed the movie a great
deal even with all of the scientific errors found within it. The scientific errors were obvious, but the more I
researched who funded and produced the film, the more I questioned the ideas behind it also.

If you found the movie earth shattering and changed you're views feel free to skip what's below.

-- begin rant

Ideas that are presented are based around the philosophies of JZ Knight (the obese blonde woman in the film).
JZ Knight claims to channel an ancient warrior "Ramtha" who battled people from Atlantis 35,000 years ago.
In fact she is channeling "Ramtha" during the movie (note the strange accent she speaks with because Ramtha's not a native english speaker).
Quite an amazing achievement in itself!

The selectively gathered panel is questionable at best. A large portion of the gathered interviewees are either
employed by Ramtha's School of Enlightenment or already had supporting views. This is fine, as a documentary
usually has a tendency to be biased, but the film obviously tries to take a scientific stance to make its claims.
If they are going to take a scientific stance to get their points across
there needs to be some objectivity.

David Albert (interviewed in the movie), who is a professor at Columbia University and actually is involved in professional
research pertaining to quantum physics, was outraged at the editing that took place for his contributions. He has said personally
that the majority of the time he was answering questions he was explaining quantum mechanics and how it is unrelated to
the films beliefs. The film then misrepresented him in a way that showed he supported their ideas. I guess if you cannot get a peer respected scientist
to support your views you can sure make him look like he is with clever editing.

Now for my biggest complaint of the entire movie. The misuse and misinterpretation of quantum mechanics in the film is staggering.
The most blatant and obvious, to anyone with more than a superficial understanding of the subject, is their neglect in acknowledging
Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. It states, basically, that increasingly accurate measurements made to one quantity increases the
uncertainty of the SIMULTANEOUS measurement of the other, and that this is only valid when dealing with things that are on the
scale of the De Broglie Wavelength (immensely small), not on the order of those of basketball games and human beings as depicted
in the film. Basically, they took sound scientific theories and tried to use them to support their beliefs while neglecting the obvious
foundations on which those theories were based. You can't selectively strip parts and pieces from scientific theory that support your claim and expect
them to be sound.

Now, just looking at the film itself you'll notice that it starts off with a heavy base of science and then about halfway through makes the
jump to the mystical leaving the viewer to assume there is some connection between it and quantum mechanics when in fact they give no argument to support it.

There are other issues and I could (and probably should) expand on the errors pertaining to quantum mechanics, but this has already gotten to be too long.

--end rant

I do however agree with the underlying themes of the movie, positive thinking, actively choosing your destiny, etc., just not the misrepresentation of quantum mechanics.

Liphted said:
--end rant

I do however agree with the underlying themes of the movie, positive thinking, actively choosing your destiny, etc., just not the misrepresentation of quantum mechanics.

Exactly....I am horrible in mathematics I can barely multiply so I can't unravel the disprities in the film about quantim mechanics/ physics, I thought that Lady was weird myself, but I can relate to these themes you stated and this is why I find it to be a good movie......

Check out "I Heart Huckabees"...

After watching "What the Bleep", "I Heart Huckabees" is a great follow up if you havn't already seen it. I havn't seen "down the Rabbit Hole" yet, but have it and am just waiting for the right time to watch it. These are definately flicks that you must be in the right state of mind before viewing.

Some other areas of thought

Lately I have been researching some very interesting and challenging theories on the origins of our existence. I know this is a little off the topic of WTBDWK, however since we are discussing deep, thought provoking topics, have a little look at this link below. Lloyd Pie's arguments have some VERY valid points. Think about the pyraminds... Look at the math he provides as far as tonnage and time -- stonehenge -- same sort of instance. Some of those enormous obelisks, in ancient Egypt were cut with laser precision. And Humans did it with ropevines, stone tools, and manpower? Make sure to look at the monolith structures section. Also a good book to read that you owe to yourself to read: "The ancient secret to the flower of life" Drunvalo Mjk.,
It has some fascinating correlations with the 'Holy Trinity' as well as chakras and energies.

Alternate theory on human origins and terrestrial visits:
www.Lloydpye.com

Ivan said:
Lately I have been researching some very interesting and challenging theories on the origins of our existence. I know this is a little off the topic of WTBDWK, however since we are discussing deep, thought provoking topics, have a little look at this link below. Lloyd Pie's arguments have some VERY valid points. Think about the pyraminds... Look at the math he provides as far as tonnage and time -- stonehenge -- same sort of instance. Some of those enormous obelisks, in ancient Egypt were cut with laser precision. And Humans did it with ropevines, stone tools, and manpower? Make sure to look at the monolith structures section. Also a good book to read that you owe to yourself to read: "The ancient secret to the flower of life" Drunvalo Mjk.,
It has some fascinating correlations with the 'Holy Trinity' as well as chakras and energies.

Alternate theory on human origins and terrestrial visits:
www.Lloydpye.com

you have to be careful when dealing with things such as the mysteries of the universe. eventhough alot of ideas that are often thought of as 'quackery', they cannot be unproven by science, the ultimate yardstick, giving them creedence to some small degree.

as for the pyramids, there is no doubt in anyone's mind they have a huge astrological significance. anyone who has studied or knows anything of egyptology cannot debunk that.

the building of the pyraminds, as in the how, has remained a greater mystery than the why- the why is surmised in my above paragraph. the how however , leaves alot of doors open for many theroies that science cannot disprove, giving them leverage in discussion involving the actual physcial undertaking of such a monumental task.

i do not believe the pyramids were built by, or with the help of, extra- terrestrials.

it is this simple- the egyptians had concrete, or a form of it. the blocks were not cut from a quarry and leveraged in to place but simply poured. and as with any good theory you must provide proof, infallible, undeniable proof and it is this simple- how else can you explain the presence of the seashells on the some of the tops blocks at giza? they were in the water used to make the concrete. if you wish i will provide you several links backing up this claim.

see, science can prove the blocks were poured- be very careful when searching for the answers to life's mysteries. it is easy to turn to ' alternative thought' when they dont come easily. sometimes the best solutions to any puzzle are the simplest, that is why they are so easily overlooked.

i enjoy debating these things.

gimme some more.

lol

regards

BFU

Last edited:
bigfatandugly said:
proof and it is this simple- how else can you explain the presence of the seashells on the some of the tops blocks at giza? they were in the water used to make the concrete. if you wish i will provide you several links backing up this claim.

That is not necessary definiative either, you can find seashells in the limestone here in the midwest....Landlocked without a sea here for milllions of years....There could easily have been seashells in the rock they had carved out of without having poured concreate with water containing seashells...

bulldog21 said:
That is not necessary definiative either, you can find seashells in the limestone here in the midwest....Landlocked without a sea here for milllions of years....There could easily have been seashells in the rock they had carved out of without having poured concreate with water containing seashells...

good point bulldog... seeing how the blocks being spoken of are made of limestone, and limestone is formed from seashells there is an undeniable correlation, these heve been argued to not be fossilized seashells just due to the fact they sit on top of the rock, not imbedded in it as a fossil would be.

regardless, the presence of seashells was my simplified tie- in as to a reason why the blocks may have been poured as opposed to just cut as sometimes it is baffling (for me)to explain scientific workings when one can use ' for examples'- the more 'scientific' study is in the link as follows, without the ' for examples':) ..

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,13509-2480751,00.html.

i expect the only true measure of this test would be to take a block from cheops or giza and cut it down and look for trace of camel hair/ human hair inside the blocks, thus proving that all the blocks had not been cut, ie. some quarried, some poured... but i very much doubt the egyptian gov't would allow such a practice- interesting nonetheless.

BFU

Last edited:
Pyramids have fascinated me since I was young. Their complexity and innate simplistic beauty can't be touched by even todays architectural masterpieces in my opinion.

I find it it hard to believe that in this universe we live in we are somehow special and we are the only creatures that crawl through space and time. That being said, I don't necessarily believe that we've ever met beings beyond our planet simply because I have not come into contact with one and have yet to find evidence to unquestionably sway me.

Are the achievements of the constructors of the pyramids absolutely amazing? Yes. But I don't think its beyond human capacity. These people were motivated by deep religious beliefs, belief that I don't think exists as strongly in a mass of people today. Unimaginable feats can be obtained with a large group of believers all focused on a single cause.

I don't believe that the presence of shells backs or refutes the opinion that they were built from concrete. Its just that, a fact they are present in the stone.

I agree with BFU that it is necessary to employ Occams razor in matters such as these.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner