over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The #1 Reason Why Bodybuilding Isn't Popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was growing up I would’ve gladly shaved off 25yrs of my life to look like Yates.

Still amazes me to this day how huge these guys get! I do agree they look funny fully clothed… Course if it were me I’d be walking round in shorts & flip flops all day every day!

Cage

Maybe it's because these people hating wouldn't mind being a bodybuilder(Who doesn't want to look like Flex Wheeler? lol) , but they know they won't try, or put in the work to get there, so they hate. Most people can't just tell people "I am a bodybuilder" without having an actual physique to show vs They can say "I play golf. I'm very good at golf.". This now leaves the person to either interpret how good they are, or invite them to play to challenge the claim.

If we are talking $ and people's butts in seats, the broad-spectrum of BB is more popular than ever.

Now is that because of a love of the sport? Is it because there are more of us in the gym working hard to create an ideal, powerful aesthetic?

No.

It's social media and the thousands of supplement companies, all of which are trying to make a buck.

It's more "popular" but not in the way many of us "crotchety old-timers" would like to see.

But that's OK. The world doesn't revolve around us, and as long as no one gets hurt do (and watch) what you like.

I don’t think it’s an absurd statement. They look ridiculous. It’s a gay for pay community. A fetish sub culture. Nobody is inspired by todays pros. They’re just someone to gawk at and laugh. Nick Carter is covered in zits. His veins look like he’ll be dead in 5 years tops. There is a reason they stopped doing the Ms. Olympia contest. It was embarrassing even to its own subculture.
I didn't even knew they ever had womans Olympia since I don't follow BBing, they took it away? I've probably seen one massive muscular female in my life (all the times ive gone to gyms). I do remember about 10 years ago I went to a golds and I was in shock I saw a woman seated overhead pressing 225 on the bar, and she was older too and had gray hair. Never forget that lol.

All in all. The sport is blowing up. It’s just going to eventually bypass the 2 guys in the first picture.

I didn't even knew they ever had womans Olympia since I don't follow BBing, they took it away? I've probably seen one massive muscular female in my life (all the times ive gone to gyms). I do remember about 10 years ago I went to a golds and I was in shock I saw a woman seated overhead pressing 225 on the bar, and she was older too and had gray hair. Never forget that lol.
Womens bodybuilding was quite popular in the 80’s and 90’s. Started with Corey Everson’s reign of 6 years , followed by Lenda Murray and her 8 wins. Both were often on ESPN television.

Then came along Kim Chizevsky-Nicholls. Who was trained by her husband Chad Nicholls. The same Chad Nicholls that turned Dorian Yates into the first freak after he had already won the Olympia mind you.

Just imagine a Mr. Olympia winner putting on another 40lbs of muscle in one year?

Well, he did the same with Kim. Essentially, the beginning of the end for Ms. Olympia.

Womens bodybuilding was quite popular in the 80’s and 90’s. Started with Corey Everson’s reign of 6 years , followed by Lenda Murray and her 8 wins. Both were often on ESPN television.

Then came along Kim Chizevsky-Nicholls. Who was trained by her husband Chad Nicholls. The same Chad Nicholls that turned Dorian Yates into the first freak after he had already won the Olympia mind you.

Just imagine a Mr. Olympia winner putting on another 40lbs of muscle in one year?

Well, he did the same with Kim. Essentially, the beginning of the end for Ms. Olympia.
You really know your bodybuilding. Nick Carter covered in zits... Chad Nicholls training Dorian. Tell us more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear