over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The #1 Reason Why Bodybuilding Isn't Popular

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not agree - maybe people do not want to look like that, but when they come to mr.o they want to see a freak show - something that seems not human and unattainable if it were not so, most tickets would be sold in the categories in shorts and classic and not on bodybuilding

such an analogy - when you go to the zoo to see pigeons or a lion...?
But even visiting shows is just a very select few people. 95% of people think it's ugly as hell and don't even want to look at it, let alone look like it.

When I hear people in the gym talking it's always about guys like Bumstead. Sometimes Eddie Hall, Arnold, even Ronnie and Yates but never Nick Walker or any of the current open guys.

But even visiting shows is just a very select few people. 95% of people think it's ugly as hell and don't even want to look at it, let alone look like it.

When I hear people in the gym talking it's always about guys like Bumstead. Sometimes Eddie Hall, Arnold, even Ronnie and Yates but never Nick Walker or any of the current open guys.
do you know for what? because as people we always have something like idealizing the old times - we do not appreciate what is now and I always hear the text `` once were the times ... '' I want to laugh when I hear it

WOW! Crazy how professionalmuscle has changed over the years.😪
You can look big like BB and have attractive physique - Once you get pass a certain point and its not attractive to the eye - that's when people are like nah im good thanks anyway

Yea im here - i train blah blah I never followed bodybuilding - only really my own body - been exposed to rich, platz, beckles etc because that's when im growing up - So when I make this statement I might get it wrong

If more we had more greek god looking people in Physique competitions - that would peek peoples interest - you look unbelievable and the appearance of great overall health and agility.

WOW! Crazy how professionalmuscle has changed over the years.😪
I believe you but maybe actually in this case what we see in last few years this change for a better? Who need more xxl coffins?

I do not agree - maybe people do not want to look like that, but when they come to mr.o they want to see a freak show - something that seems not human and unattainable if it were not so, most tickets would be sold in the categories in shorts and classic and not on bodybuilding

We're not disagreeing here luki but let's take the Mr. O. for instance, the biggest show with the best bodybuilders.

How many people attend a typical Mr. O? I don't know the exact number but I know it's not many in the grand scheme of things.

Do not take anything I say as anti-bodybuilding since I am definitely pro it all.

I used to be really into obscure symphonic metal when I was in high school.... I used to think everyone must be really impressed with how much I know about music theory, time changes etc..... looking back I was just extremely cringe and was probably getting laughed at a lot. I think a lot of bodybuilders, or anyone deeply involved in a niche activity, don't see this.

I remember when BB was more mainstream and shows were on the big networks with some trash talking a long the way. But mainstream was not really that interested and society didn't want to portray obviously needing to take drugs to be a requirement to compete at a high level. Si it fizzled and went back into its' niche.

do you know for what? because as people we always have something like idealizing the old times - we do not appreciate what is now and I always hear the text `` once were the times ... '' I want to laugh when I hear it
Absolutely, everything used to be better is what we as humans always say haha. That unfortunately doesn't change that men's open bodybuilding disgusts most people nowadays. For me personally I like looking at the freaks like Walker but if a magical genie would pop out of my shaker asking me if I'd rather wake up looking like Nick or be stuck in my current tiny body for ever it would be a damn easy choice.

Feel like im always in agreement with ya daniel but not on this one.

Bodybuiliding was never truly mainstream. Just because it was on ESPN2 at the weirdest times possible, doesnt mean that was mainstream.
It was more popular and that was partially because overall FITNESS wasnt as popular. Therefore, professional bodybuilders were more of a spectacle. Thats why it was on TV. You had normal Joe Schmoe's seeing a truly in shape guy for the first time ever. Shock and awe.
Fitness and "inshape" can be seen a ton of places now — IG and YT and wherever. Its not a spectacle anymore. Its not shock anymore, its disgust...sad but true.

Also, i dont believe that aggressive shit talk leads to overall sport popularity. I also dont want the IFBB to turn into WWE.
The comparison just isnt there. WWE is a 1 on 1 thing, BBing is not that. In fact its very difficult to compare the IFBB to anything right now.
The truest comparison is Miss America or maybe the 100m.

In reality, the general public will never love open BBing, its just a fact. Not even sure if i'd WANT it to be hugely mainstream like that.

Having grown men act like pompous arrogant idiots is in no way attractive and the fact that society responds positively to it says something. People like mcgrgeor and mayweather who are great athletes but repulsive in almost any other respect, should not be looked at as targets of what anyone should be like in any way other than athletic achievement. Making a mockery of yourself and others for money only shows a lack of class. All of this is of course just opinion and does not constitute fact that others must live by. But as for myself, if my son acted like either one of those guys I have mentioned he would get spanked, as long as he wasn’t also as skilled in fighting like them, otherwise I would attempt to spank and get my butt kicked!!

Pigeon eaten by a lion 😁

Reactions: td
I usually agree with you Daniel but this time I can't 😝

BB'ING isn't popular because it never has been and because it never will be unless it goes back to natural status or a more natural status at the least.

Ask people on the street what they think of say a Nick Walker (or any one pro) and 99% of people is going to say "disgusting". At least 99 percent.

So people are never going to watch something like that, it's as simple as that.

Now don't ask me why something like wrestling IS popular in the US, I don't understand it neither 😂
Youre assuming anyone would even know his name. People want sports ie baseball football basketball.

Bodybuilding shows need to add a round where its like a Royal Rumble. All competitors in the ring at once and only the last six in the ring get to do the night show.

You don't see pigeons at the zoo.... you see Bald Eagles....

Life Span
Male Lions- 8-10 years
Bald Eagle- 20-30 years

I'd rather be an eagle..;).. lol

Just playin around... but seriously, this is a no brainer IMO...it's not popular because of the AUTOMATIC association with steroids.. plain and simple. Like Luki said.. The pro bodybuilder is a FREAK... That people that do go to the O want to see FREAKS (and the expo which is a HUGE draw) but don't necessarily wanna LOOK like those freaks. Just my .02

You ever think this new generation just isn't into Bodybuilding?

I think posts 8,9 and 12 nailed it.

Guys like DK Metclaf, overeem get props for their physique because they are athletes with a freaky physique. Simply having a freaky physique(beyond what most people even PED users would want), and not competing in an actual sport even strong man or CrossFit with it, only impresses people like us who are obsessed with our own physique. The populace wants to see a great competitive athlete first and foremost (Jordan, Brady, mark McGwire) then if your jacked people will take notice of that too and you will get a following for that.

Also im surprised WWE is still around, I used to watch it in high school but then stopped, I thought It was dying off. Especially with UFC, UFC is the real deal so surprised WWE has hung around as long as it has

Bodybuilding doesn't have the excitement that boxing, mma, soccer has, look at people like mike tyson and floyd mayweather who made alot of noise, those are the ones who made the most money.

100% agree with Luki

I can understand that many people would never want to look like Ronnie or Jay,but they would pay 1000$ for flight and 200$ for tickets just too see those freaks, something that looks unreal to exist..and not for some beach bodies u can see every day at local gyms.
Open bodybuilding will Always stay the King imo , classic is now cool and hype just like mens physique was when it started

Feel like im always in agreement with ya daniel but not on this one.

Bodybuiliding was never truly mainstream. Just because it was on ESPN2 at the weirdest times possible, doesnt mean that was mainstream.
It was more popular and that was partially because overall FITNESS wasnt as popular. Therefore, professional bodybuilders were more of a spectacle. Thats why it was on TV. You had normal Joe Schmoe's seeing a truly in shape guy for the first time ever. Shock and awe.
Fitness and "inshape" can be seen a ton of places now — IG and YT and wherever. Its not a spectacle anymore. Its not shock anymore, its disgust...sad but true.

Also, i dont believe that aggressive shit talk leads to overall sport popularity. I also dont want the IFBB to turn into WWE.
The comparison just isnt there. WWE is a 1 on 1 thing, BBing is not that. In fact its very difficult to compare the IFBB to anything right now.
The truest comparison is Miss America or maybe the 100m.

In reality, the general public will never love open BBing, its just a fact. Not even sure if i'd WANT it to be hugely mainstream like that.
Yeah it was never super mainstream. But when first televised people thought they could obtain what they saw. Than they find out drugs are involved and not interested. People watch sports and think that if they tried hard enough they could do the same. And are somehow entertained by it. But most people don't know drugs are in all Pro sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner