over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Best topical acne treatment - Niacinamide

SolomonGrundy

Registered
I have dealt with problem acne from time to time through the years until I found a solution and here it is:

1.Take one 500 mg capsule of niacinamide (any brand) and dump the contents into a coffee cup.

2. Add about a cup of water, stir the mixture, and place it in the microwave for 40 seconds. If you don't mind cold water skip the microwave.

3. Mix again, there will still be some material floating at the top.

4. Use a washcloth and apply liberally over the face, chest, abdomen , shoulders, upper arms, and back.

5. I Do not wash off the niacinamide for at least an hour, sometimes not until I shower again.

Do this once a day for mild to moderate acne, 2-3 times if the acne is severe.

Since I have started doing this acne is a thing of the past for me. The once pizza faced checkout kid at my supermarket loves me now that I helped him conquer his problem when nothing else worked.

One problem, as you work out you can really itch wherever the solution was applied. I don't know that this is because of the niacinamide, it could be from the capsule binders or fillers that are also present in these supplements. I would really like someone to get to the bottom of this issue and see if it can be resolved.

Your skin feels really good immediately after you apply the niacinamide to your skin, indeed some evidence indicates it may be a treatment for wrinkles. A couple of studies can be seen below.

J Dermatol. 2008 Oct;35(10):637-42.
Evaluation of anti-wrinkle effects of a novel cosmetic containing niacinamide.
Kawada A, Konishi N, Oiso N, Kawara S, Date A.
Source
Department of Dermatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan. [email protected]
Abstract
Niacinamide is known to have effectiveness on sallowness, wrinkling, red blotchiness and hyperpigmented spots in aging skin. In this study, we have evaluated the anti-wrinkle effects of a new cosmetic containing niacinamide. A randomized, placebo-controlled, split face study was performed in 30 healthy Japanese females who had wrinkles in the eye areas. The tested cosmetic containing 4% niacinamide was applied on wrinkles of one side for 8 weeks, and a control cosmetic without niacinamide on another site. Anti-wrinkle effects were evaluated with two methods: (i) doctors' observation and photographs based on the guideline of the Japan Cosmetic Industry Association; and (ii) average roughness of skin surface (Ra value) using skin replica. This cosmetic showed marked and moderate improvement in 64% of the subjects with a significant difference as compared with the control site (P < 0.001). Wrinkle grades in the tested area significantly reduced more than pre-application (P < 0.001) and the control (P < 0.001). Reduction in Ra value on the tested area was more than pre-application (P < 0.01) and the control site (P < 0.05) with significant differences. Only one subject stopped the study with minimal irritation. These results indicated that the tested lotion was well tolerated and may be an optional preparation for the treatment of wrinkles in the eye areas.

Nicotinamide inhibits Propionibacterium acnes-induced IL-8 production in keratinocytes through the NF-kappaB and MAPK pathways.
Grange PA, Raingeaud J, Calvez V, Dupin N.
Source
Hôpital Cochin - Pavillon Gustave Roussy, Université Paris Descartes, UPRES-EA 1833, Laboratoire de Recherches en Dermatologie, 8, rue Méchain, 75014 Paris, France. [email protected]
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes) has been implicated in the inflammatory phase of acne vulgaris. It has been shown to activate interleukin-8 (IL-8) secretion by interacting with Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR-2) on the surface of keratinocytes. Nicotinamide has been shown to be an effective treatment for skin inflammation in various conditions, including acne vulgaris.
OBJECTIVE:
To investigate the molecular mechanisms underlying the anti-inflammatory properties of nicotinamide in keratinocytes stimulated by P. acnes.
METHODS:
HaCaT cells and primary keratinocyte cell lines were stimulated by P. acnes in the presence of nicotinamide. IL-8 production was monitored by ELISA on the cell culture supernatant and by qRT-PCR on total RNA extract. A luciferase reporter system assay was used to assess nicotinamide activity with the IL-8 promoter in transfected keratinocytes. We used western blotting to analyze the effect of nicotinamide on activation of the NF-kappaB and MAPK pathways.
RESULTS:
Nicotinamide significantly decreased IL-8 production in a dose-dependent manner, decreasing both mRNA and protein levels for this chemokine in immortalized HaCaT cells and primary keratinocytes. P. acnes-induced IL-8 promoter activation seemed to be downregulated by nicotinamide, which inhibited IkappaB degradation and the phosphorylation of ERK and JNK MAP kinases.
CONCLUSION:
Our results indicate that nicotinamide inhibits IL-8 production through the NF-kappaB and MAPK pathways in an in vitro keratinocytes/P. acnes model of inflammation. Keratinocytes involved in the innate immune response may be a suitable target for treatment during the early phase of inflammation.

There is more info elsewhere on pubmed and other sites about the anti-acne/anti-wrinkle effect induced by topical niacinamide. I love this stuff (except for the itching), and it should be used by anyone that has problem acne.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131