over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Best Training splits

concreteguy

Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I think you guys know my preference. That's a total body workout 3X a week.

But what I have been experiencing is my glut, quads and pecs can only really take a good hammering Monday and Friday. I have been peradizing my training by making Wednesday a lighter day witch has been working out well. How ever I feel like the smaller muscles like bi's can take more of a regular beating and not require the lighter day. I'm wondering if training frequency is as unique to everyone? I have tried and keep my diet on point but I still need Wednesdays to be a lighter day to keep moving forward with my training.

What is the most productive split you guys have had? This is assuming your gear and food was on point.

CG

I'm doing fortitude training and I'm always sore. I love it

4 workouts a week, but every muscle gets tagged 3x a week. Once heavy, 48 hours later high rep/pump, then 48 hours later muscle rounds to create some myofibril disruption

3 way split.

chest/shoulders/triceps
back/rear delts/biceps
legs

abs every other day
calves every other day

Training 5 days a week. So everything gets hit every 4-5 days.

Have two diffrent training day for each day. One a little bit heavier with more compound movements. One with a litte more volume and "lighter" movements.

Improve overall volume over a period of time (6-8 weeks).

Focus on intensity for 5-6 weeks.

Periodically have deload weeks to get ready for the coming hard weeks ahead.

was doing the 3x a week same as you but with lighter weights cuz i was injured. but couldnt keep it up cuz i also hike all the time and legs/calves werent recovering well at all.
switched to 2 push and 1 pull. shoulders/quads forearms, chest.tri.calves, and back/bi/hams/abs.
that's 3 workouts done
every other day so if back was mon, the next workout is next sun, then sat, etc.
i like it. plus i do a cycle where week 1 sets is 12-14-14-16, 2 is 10-12-12-14, 3 is 8-10-10-12, 4 and 5 are 6-8-8-10, 2 exercises.

I like

Sunday: chest (and you work one exercise on shoulders or triceps if those bodyparts are weak)

Monday: Biceps, Forearms, abs, rear delts, calves (and you work one exercise for back if there is something weak there)

Tuesday: hams quads

Wenesday: off

Thursday: shoulders triceps (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width and Back thickness, calves (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday off.

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day would look like this

first chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
second chest exercise progressive warmups to all out set rest paused
third chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
Maybe forth chest exercise progressive warmups to all out straight set
then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

Monday would look like this because his back isnt weak
Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)
abs one exercise
rear delts one exercise rest paused
calves one exercise
no back because his back isnt weak

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads)

Thursday: shoulders (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) triceps (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) no chest because chest isnt a weak bodypart for him

Friday: Back width and Back thickness (4 exercises 2 for back width and 2 for back thickness...the back width ones are rest paused (and because his biceps are a weak bodypart he hits a key exercise at the end for biceps that is rest paused after warmups)...and calves one exercise

Saturday off.

short workouts..heavy slag iron for reps...bodyparts that are weak are hit 2x a week

Last edited:
I'm currently doing a progressive overload style training. I'm a firefighter so I work 24on 48 off so I train everything in My two days off then have a rest day. Everything gets trained twice a week.

chest, side/front delts, bis
Back, Rear delt, traps, tris
Legs

For chest I have a heavy pressing day and a day that's more fly movements

For back I have a thickness day of rows and deads and a width day mostly pull down movements

For legs I have a quad focus day with some hams and a hamstring focus day with some quads

- Chest/delts
-back/traps/rear delts
off
-legs
-arms
off

I'll go heavy on one exercise per body part for strength (6-8 reps) and the rest is all hypertrophy. (10-15 reps)

Cardio/abs is 3 or 4 days per week

Monday-Legs
Tuesday-Arms
Wednesday-Shoulders
Thursday-rest
Friday-Back
Saturday-Chest
Sunday-rest

6-7 exercises per workout. Progressively add weight working up to one all out set to failure with a drop set or rest pause. Focus is getting stronger every workout. 40 minute workouts, a little longer on leg day. Loving it.

Shoulders, traps, bi
chest, tri
back
legs
bi /tri
rest one day and then repeat
I do 6 to 7 set per excerise and go heavy on one excerise per day
the other set I go to failure. Rep range 8 to 10 with 1 set to 20
Been doing for 5 weeks now,
This routine has been really helping me out getting back into the game

I am not nearly as qualified as the DoggFather but I will tell you what has been my favorite split AND I am actually getting some decent hypertrophy results from (keep in mind I have been a dedicated natty lifter for 30+ years so these recent gains have me on cloud 9).

6x per week with 3 days being all your push muscles (chest/shoulder/triceps/quads/calves) and 3 days being pull muscles (horizontal pull/vertical pull (or deadlift variation)/biceps/forearms/hammys. 1 exercise per bodypart which is 5 exercises per workout...as many sets as you need to get the job done (usually 3-4 sets for me). Typical workout is 45-55 minutes tops.

I have also been using a progressive overload style. 2 weeks working the higher rep range (15-20), then 2 weeks of mid range (10-12) then 2 weeks of "heavy" (8-10), then a cruise...

Last edited:
Been on DC's 2-way split for probably 7+ years and never considered changing. I could never go back to volume training now.

There's no really one "best" split

Here is mine currently after switching from a high volume workouts. Now more DC style training

Heavy quads lighter hams
Incline chest, front and side delts, triceps
Heavy back (rowing and deads), rear delts, biceps
off
Heavy hamstrings, lighter quads
Back (horizontal pulldowns), flat and decline chest, one delt movement
off

low volume, high frequency, high intensity

I like

Sunday: chest (and you work one exercise on shoulders or triceps if those bodyparts are weak)

Monday: Biceps, Forearms, abs, rear delts, calves (and you work one exercise for back if there is something weak there)

Thursday: shoulders triceps (and you work one exercise for chest if your chest is a weak bodypart)

Friday: Back width and Back thickness, calves (and you work one exercise for biceps if thats a weak bodypart)

Saturday off.

In the above scenario if someone had weak arms (biceps and triceps sucked) his chest day would look like this

then because he has weak triceps he would bomb away on a key tricep exercise..lets say assisted dips machine for 25 reps rest paused after warmups

Biceps 2-3 exercises one or two restpaused in there with the other straight setted Forearms (some sort of reverse curl straight set)
abs one exercise
calves one exercise

Tuesday: hams quads (2 exercises for hams one being rest paused), (3 exercises for quads)

Thursday: shoulders (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) triceps (3 exercises a couple of them rest paused) no chest because chest isnt a weak bodypart for him

Friday: Back width and Back thickness (4 exercises 2 for back width and 2 for back thickness...the back width ones are rest paused (and because his biceps are a weak bodypart he hits a key exercise at the end for biceps that is rest paused after warmups)...and calves one exercise

Saturday off.

short workouts..heavy slag iron for reps...bodyparts that are weak are hit 2x a week

Thank you Dante, I'm adding this to the ridiculously long doc I save with your posts lol

One question - Would you have a set day for each with regard to exercises, or still rotate each around so you have an A/B/C for each day (excluding widowmakers for weak parts since those normally don't rotate until plateau)?

1. Legs
2. Chest/Shoulders/Tris
3. Rest
4. Back/Bis
5. Rest
6. Chest/Shoulders
7. Back/Arms

Depends on the individual

In the past when I wasn't lifting as much a two day split
Chest/deltas/arms
Back/legs

Training 6x a week

But now when my schedule is busy 4x week full body
Or when I have time ppl days off as needed
Volume is equated

Thank you Dante, I'm adding this to the ridiculously long doc I save with your posts lol

One question - Would you have a set day for each with regard to exercises, or still rotate each around so you have an A/B/C for each day (excluding widowmakers for weak parts since those normally don't rotate until plateau)?

By the time someone got to this advanced split (and thats what i like the other splits you have seen me vouch for in the past...those are size pronto splits for people that HAVE to put on muscle mass as rapidly as possible which is 90% of the bodybuilding problem in the early years)...the 3 way split was for people who are up there in size but need to key in on some weak bodyparts but are still kind of intermediate).......what i recommend in this thread is for advanced guys who are seriously walking around with some muscle mass and there is no doubt they are among the alpha dogs at their gym......so by the time someone got to this advanced split I think they KNOW what key mechanical positions and what key exercises they need to do to keep gaining......and they dont need to do rotations....they just need to bomb away progressively on exercises that are tried and true for them........when they reach that threshold of strength and cant eke any more out of that exercise yes its time to change it out

Last edited:
I like

Saturday off.

abs one exercise
calves one exercise

Saturday off.

Hey, thanks for jumping in with this.
Years ago I made great gains doing your conventional DC training but had an injury as a result of pushing the (my personal) extreme limits. I have read a few of your thoughts on training for old dogs like myself and notice a safer tone. Could you recommend a rep range to work in for the "rest paused" sets? How hard are you working in the warm up sets? I'm also assuming your implementing as many primary lifts as possible?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Usually hit everything twice/week, 3 days on, 1 off.

Lately during my mass phase i'm using my "off" days for extra volume days on small muscles that can take the beating, like lateral and rear delts and biceps.

Still progressing on lifts so not gonna change anything as of yet.

I like Mike Iraetel's volume recommendations in this article (down lower in article): https://hoffday.wordpress.com/2016/...bodybuilding-posts-credit-to-the-fb-rp-group/

I've def noticed improvements with increasing my volume, vs going higher intensity/lower rep schemes.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear