advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The biggest hoax about bodybuilding magazines?

I would say the biggest hoax of bodybuilding magazines is giving you the possibility of reaching a
pro-level by using their workout routines, diet plans, and supplements.
this made me think of something, i was about 16 and read an article that was titled chest nutrition, one of the things that was on the diet list were ham and cheese omelets, i ate the shit out of ham and cheese omelets for a couple of months, lol.

It’s the same now with the guys on YouTube isn’t it, each one saying something more outlandish than the one before him or pretending to reinvent the wheel just to get clicks.

It hasn’t changed at all, just the format has.

I don't read them anymore but I do collect them. The old ones.
Good resource...https://www.youtube.com/c/GoldenEraBookworm/videos

I just remembered that they used to have a classified section in Musclemag and that’s where I got my first gear from outside of the gym. Must’ve been like 1990. 1 guy from Spain and another England. Anyone else remember the ads?
I remember seeing adds of something sold in amps and I wondered how it could be this great supplement no one was talking about that looked very much like steroids. Looking back it probably was.

Oh the volume workouts in flex magazine. I remember being 16 just going to town for hours. Volume volume volume. Lots of over use injuries in my youth following those stupid magazines. Then I found DC style training and that’s when it all changed.

The monetization method has changed. Instead of muscle tech paying hundreds of thousands for full page ads and sponsoring athletes to shill their product (celltech, etc), now you have "influencers and entertainers" getting sponsored in their vids by whoever will pay to shill their product.

I don't know how much money a lot of these youtube personalities are making off of ad revenue when they are talking about PEDs, drugs, etc that advertisers dont want to be associated with but I would bet most have patreon and are shilling their own products and training services as well. They are making money even if not directly from youtube ad revenue.

I relate to some of the guys in this thread. Believing pros were shredded year round because they did a couple shoots a year and released those photos through out the year? Yep. Reading full page ads on the newest steroid like gains from an amino acid with a million dollar advertising budget? Yep.

I wasted more money on supps because I didnt know better and was gullible. I had stacks, years and years of issues of MD, that were essentially huge advertisements that were designed to make me believe the guys in the magazine got to where they did with the products in those magazines.

Now that I know what I know, natty or not isnt a concern of mine but I have no respect for guys who are lying about how they built their physiques. They are doing a disservice and taking advantage to millions of kids via fraud. No one should respect that.

We have pros here (e.g. BBoy) who are 100% open and honest about what they are doing, where they live, work, what their real name is, so the idea that anyone has to wholesale misrepresent what they are doing is total bullshit. You dont need to completely bullshit anyone and this is proof of this. This misrepresentation is why there are guys even on this board who still believe fairy tales about what genetics alone can accomplish.

Good lord I drank so much cell tech in my teens....the fruit punch pwo “throat burn”....this shit HAS to work.

BUT...10g creatine and 50g sugar pwo isn’t BAD, but at the price GH pwo would of been cheaper lol

Good lord I drank so much cell tech in my teens....the fruit punch pwo “throat burn”....this shit HAS to work.

BUT...10g creatine and 50g sugar pwo isn’t BAD, but at the price GH pwo would of been cheaper lol
😆 I remember guzzling the Cell Tech/Nitro Tech “stack”.
It was a 2 hr. workout, then 32 oz. of battery acid chased by 32 oz. of whole milk and whey protein. 🤮
...then a sprint to the shitter.
Imagine my shock when I learned MuscleMag was OWNED by MuscleTech.

I used Cybergenics 2x and everything else that was pushed in the magazines. Different weight gainers. I too thought the pros looked like their photo shoots most of the year. I had a subscription to Muscle and Fitness. Most of the training I used from the magazine was 5 day splits, high volume.

Imagine my shock when I learned MuscleMag was OWNED by MuscleTech.
MuscleTech never owned MuscleMag. MuscleMag was founded by Robert Kennedy in 1974. Paul Gardinder the founder of MuscleTech was a manager at a MuscleMag supplement store and while working there he developed his first MuscleTech product, HydroxyCut. Paul used his own before and after pics he took while dieting for a show, and put a (I believe free ad) in MuscleMag.

Product blew up, and MuscleTech starting spending millions of dollars on advertising (one year about $10 million on just two bodybuilding magazines), so while MuscleMag made tons of money from MuscleTech, it was never technically owned by MuscleTech.

It’s the same now with the guys on YouTube isn’t it, each one saying something more outlandish than the one before him or pretending to reinvent the wheel just to get clicks.

It hasn’t changed at all, just the format has.
Till people stop looking for the easy, quick fix there is no real reason to change strategies. As the the ones, past, present and future will still sell products.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear