YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The biggest hoax about bodybuilding magazines?

Holy shit, you ever hear of anyone else having that reaction to it?

Kinda sounds like my chantix dreams, lots of demons trying to kill me and my family, but I eventually got to the point where I knew I was going to have the dream so I would interact and laugh at them.
Yeah,ive done something similar im my dreams too. Its like a lucid dream, where you can control some of what is going on.

It's impossible to single out one biggest hoax since everything in these mags was a hoax in one way or another.

From the supplements that didn't do anything and weren't really used by any of the pro's, to the fictional training routines, over the supposed pro-diets and filled with heavily filtered pictures mostly shot with fake weights.

I honestly can't remember anything truthful in those magazines.

Why o why did we buy them to begin with?
Because despite all that they were absolutely fucking awesome and motivated the shit out of me! lol

Can you elaborate more on what Shawn had to say? I think a lot of us would like to hear that story.
When I would call for our weekly check in I initially connected our series to the mag workout articles because I was doing something similar with him, but for video.

He said it was all ghost written and he had nothing to do with it other than being the subject of the pictures and providing a snippet quote or two.
He didn't tell me anything of detail, like it was A and not B, but he did essentially say that it was always this way and the magazine workouts were fake; had to be full of Weider Principles, etc...

I did the "Olympia Bound" series with him for American Muscle.
It makes me cringe hearing him speaking my words now, but I was only 20 at the time ;)

I once made the mistake of taking out a Ronnie Coleman poster from a Flex-magazine and hanging it on my bedroom wall when I was like 18. ALL of the girls that came over thought I was gay for having a poster of a huge muscle man in posing trunks on my wall 😭🤦 I can't blame them lol

Probably cost me a few GF's 😢

Holy shit, you ever hear of anyone else having that reaction to it?

Kinda sounds like my chantix dreams, lots of demons trying to kill me and my family, but I eventually got to the point where I knew I was going to have the dream so I would interact and laugh at them.
I’ve never heard of Chantix dreams but it sounds very similar to what I was experiencing. Back then we didn’t have access to the internet and I didn’t know of anyone else who bought the kit. I tried to return it but they avoided communication with me. My package came from California.

I’ve never heard of Chantix dreams but it sounds very similar to what I was experiencing. Back then we didn’t have access to the internet and I didn’t know of anyone else who bought the kit. I tried to return it but they avoided communication with me. My package came from California.
I bought mine at the local GNC.

When I would call for our weekly check in I initially connected our series to the mag workout articles because I was doing something similar with him, but for video.

He said it was all ghost written and he had nothing to do with it other than being the subject of the pictures and providing a snippet quote or two.
He didn't tell me anything of detail, like it was A and not B, but he did essentially say that it was always this way and the magazine workouts were fake; had to be full of Weider Principles, etc...

I did the "Olympia Bound" series with him for American Muscle.
It makes me cringe hearing him speaking my words now, but I was only 20 at the time ;)

I forgive you. Back then we didn't know that young hungry lions could be beaten by Tunas who have developed a taste for lion and breathing apparatuses made from kelp.

I bought my kit the first month it came out in the magazine. I believe I was shipped something different than what they were selling at GNC.
You didn't wait a minute then! I liked it well enough I bought a 2nd one. It worked ok. Certainly not what it was made out to be.

It’s with out doubt meant for people who believe they are natural

till today i still believe Franco Santoriello is drug fee and uses only Cybergenics :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Here's a story for you since you mentioned Cybergenics. It was early 1990, maybe 1991 or 92, I was 15 or 16. Never worked out, bought a Musclemag magazine and I was in awe when I saw all these big guys. I was skinny small teenager and I immediately wanted to be like them. I saw and ad for Cybergenics, gain 30 pounds in 30 days... Hurry while supplies last. I spoke to my mom convinced her to give me her Credit card, and I was rushing. Called the phone number, a lady picks up and I ask her "Do you guys still have em"? or am I too late? She said not trying to laugh, yes they still have them but they soon will be running out.. I ordered 2 bottles, started working out at my high school gym, couldn't wait to start taking them. They finally arrived and I was pumped... I started taking that shit and doing exercises from Muscle Mag articles... 30 days later, I did not gain 1 fucking pound LOL I was so defeated and disappointed being 15 I really though I was going to gain 30 pounds and look like those big ass bodybuilders in the magasine. Fucking Cybergenics.

I remember raw glandulars (Bull testicle) in the 1980s ...
Yep, bull orchic. The GNC mega packs I took had that in them. All sorts of stuff in there. Royal jelly and bee pollen too.

The only supplement you could buy at GNC or other stores in the 80's was, for a period of time, "Hot Stuff". After the FDA analyzed it they found each serving had the equivalent of 10mg of dbol in it. After Hot Stuff was re-released with a new and improved formula that had no dbol in it.....Hot Stuff
sucked.

The only supplement you could buy at GNC or other stores in the 80's was, for a period of time, "Hot Stuff". After the FDA analyzed it they found each serving had the equivalent of 10mg of dbol in it. After Hot Stuff was re-released with a new and improved formula that had no dbol in it.....Hot Stuff
sucked.
Haha! “New and improved formula”. Guaranteed to give you way less results!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear