over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The budget home gym thread.

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I figured since I'm building one myself and there's this whole pandemic thing, this might be a good ongoing resource for people.
I'm going to be updating this thread with all of the equipment I purchase and where I bought it and at what price.

My goal is a budget home gym with the caveat that I buy the best budget equipment I can find. Cheap doesnt have to mean its shit.

This is what I've ordered so far.
The rack:

The plates are a Facebook find...$180 used for all 6: will post pic when I figure out how to shrink the file size.

The bar:

The benches: ordered flat, adjustable is on backorder.

The flooring: bought 4

I should be under $1k for everything. As I get more I'll post it up in this thread but I want to invite everyone to do the same.

Tomorrow I'll edit in my reasoning why I chose what I did and maybe itll help some others decide on what they want to get.

I bought a bunch of diff kind of resistant bands for $80😐
even bought resistant band thing for glutes. not losing my ass due to corona virus😒
-F2S

For me now..im going to do this for just a couple bucks investment. Buy contractor grade trash bags from Home Depot..go to nature trail park less than 5 mins from my house..fill trash bag with a number of rocks until I reach the amount of weight that feels good to lift..and then lift! With the bags..I can do overhead presses, squats..curls..all of it..unlimited amount of weights I desire for just a few bucks and ride this thing out until the gyms reopen. You can also add water if you are not near an area to grab rocks or dirt or even sand...

ive spent about 300, don't want to drop more, incase gyms open in a month, im not rich.

im thinking about getting bands but honestly I think they are more a trendy thing than useful. they are useful for physical therapy type stuff, but does anyone incorporate these into their routines any other time?

I can see if someone doesn't want to buy weights, but I don't think they are anyway near comparable to real weights. a backpack full of rocks or chains will serve better for building muscle than those bands. you can never really increase or measure the resistance.

Well I decided I'm building my own pulley system.
The cable: this can be purchased by the foot in store

880 lb working load nylon straps to attach to cross bar:

The pulley:

attachment :

ive spent about 300, don't want to drop more, incase gyms open in a month, im not rich.

im thinking about getting bands but honestly I think they are more a trendy thing than useful. they are useful for physical therapy type stuff, but does anyone incorporate these into their routines any other time?

I can see if someone doesn't want to buy weights, but I don't think they are anyway near comparable to real weights. a backpack full of rocks or chains will serve better for building muscle than those bands. you can never really increase or measure the resistance.

But if you are using any considerable amount of weight at the gym, a backpack full of rocks ain't going to work for everything.
The sheer amount of variation you can get on a $100 pack of Elitefts bands is ridiculous.
If you have a stationary vertical and horizontal bar, anywhere in your house or yard, you can do a heavy WO with bands.
But I agree that working only 1 part of the strength curve probably isn't best...IN THE LONG RUN.
You could honestly buy a 25lb and a 50lb DB and some bands and probably be fine for 8 weeks.

But if you are using any considerable amount of weight at the gym, a backpack full of rocks ain't going to work for everything.
The sheer amount of variation you can get on a $100 pack of Elitefts bands is ridiculous.
If you have a stationary vertical and horizontal bar, anywhere in your house or yard, you can do a heavy WO with bands.
But I agree that working only 1 part of the strength curve probably isn't best...IN THE LONG RUN.
You could honestly buy a 25lb and a 50lb DB and some bands and probably be fine for 8 weeks.
Those bands are doing wonders for me. I got a buddy that has some dbs. He just got a pair of 85s tonight. Between the two, think outside the and make do with what I got

I figured since I'm building one myself and there's this whole pandemic thing, this might be a good ongoing resource for people.
I'm going to be updating this thread with all of the equipment I purchase and where I bought it and at what price.

My goal is a budget home gym with the caveat that I buy the best budget equipment I can find. Cheap doesnt have to mean its shit.

This is what I've ordered so far.
The rack:

The plates are a Facebook find...$180 used for all 6: will post pic when I figure out how to shrink the file size.

The bar:

The benches: ordered flat, adjustable is on backorder.

The flooring: bought 4

I should be under $1k for everything. As I get more I'll post it up in this thread but I want to invite everyone to do the same.

Tomorrow I'll edit in my reasoning why I chose what I did and maybe itll help some others decide on what they want to get.

I have had a similar rack for NYBB for over 15 years and still use it today. It’s survived at least 5 moves and I have had over 800 pounds on it. Very good buy.

Among other things, I've been trying to get some adjustable dumbbells, but many places are out of stock or overly priced.

Any recommendations as to where to buy some decently heavy dumbbells online?

Kettlebells
Gold’s Gym Power Tower
Resistance Bands
Battle Ropes
Big Ass Tire and Sledge Hammer
Heavy Sandbags

Missing a couple things but with the above I’ll be well under $1,000 and a person can get real beast with that.. Again, I know not the conventional stuff for bodybuilding but it works out different parts of the body you probably never use and it’s fun as fuck so I can imagine it can be a nice break from the monotony of conventional bodybuilding workouts..

Any issues securing it to the floor? I have minor concerns of it moving when I rerack weight after certain movements.
I never secured it. I just put plates on the holders at one end and some dumbbells over the other end. I have done 600 pound squats in it and it never came close to tipping over.

tree limbs for pullups. picnic tables for dips and decline pushups.
cinder blocks for one arm rows. logs for various pt shit.
eye bolt wood screws to make handles on downed trees and logs, again for rows.

I have a door pull-up bar that works great. I just did a search for it on Amazon, and I'm sure that they've jacked the price by 50-100% or so :eek:

Did my first Resistance Band work out today. It was pretty good.
Good pump and got a good sweat going. Did 20-30 reps. Used the medium strength bands. will use the heavy ones next time.
Gonna do legs tomo. will see how it goes.
Overall tho, pretty impressed with the workout and it all cost me $80 or less.
Cardio today was riding bikes with wife and daughter.
-F2S

Kettlebells
Gold’s Gym Power Tower
Resistance Bands
Battle Ropes
Big Ass Tire and Sledge Hammer
Heavy Sandbags

Missing a couple things but with the above I’ll be well under $1,000 and a person can get real beast with that.. Again, I know not the conventional stuff for bodybuilding but it works out different parts of the body you probably never use and it’s fun as fuck so I can imagine it can be a nice break from the monotony of conventional bodybuilding workouts..
There's a guy selling a bunch of those old tires on facebook marketplace for 50$ and 10 off if you can load it yourself lol

you can buy those little handles, then put the 1 inch plates on each side then stick the 10's for olympic plates on them, save a little $

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131