over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The bullshit supplement industry

I now feel even better about receiving 26 pounds of protein from True Nutrition in my last order :D

Lol. Jesus what did that shipping cost? That's the only thing that has held me back from ordering. I've always gone with ON.

Lol. Jesus what did that shipping cost? That's the only thing that has held me back from ordering. I've always gone with ON.
Shipping was $14.45, the shipping is always a bitch which is exactly why I order a ton at once.

Shipping was $14.45, the shipping is always a bitch which is exactly why I order a ton at once.

Not a bad idea. I thought it would be a lot more than that. I might have to check them out again.

Not a bad idea. I thought it would be a lot more than that. I might have to check them out again.
Pretty sure I used a coupon code specifically for shipping, it's listed on their website if you go under the promo section.

Thanks for making a quality product at a reasonable price! Taste pretty darn good to.

Just ordered 32 lbs from TN. Along with a few other goodies. Appreciate the info!

Great post DC!! I followed Marc Lobliner last year when he was exposing the scammers, even talked to him in person at a local event he ran here. I always stuck with ON whey as they seemed to consistently test well.

I have only heard of your company recently, plan to start trying your products. The fact that you are sharing test results shows your honesty and I. greatly respect that!

The problem with being at the top or among the top in terms of quality, is that there will always, and I mean always be someone trying to attack you using that angle. It's funny because often they are selling inferior grade product but they are trying to grab market share.

There is a finite demand for protein powder. It's large, but still finite. And there are a shit-ton of companies jockeying for a share of that pie. So if a few companies are doing it right (Synthetek, TP, etc.) then that is the angle they must attack from.

Protein quality is the defacto element in protein success. It even appears difficult to market your way to the top with brand recognition because if the protein sucks, no amount of advertisements or fancy labeling or trendy jugs are going to help you.

All that leaves is a copying the top sellers methods and trying to beat them in a price war. Although, they are probably screwed again because customer loyalty and familiarity with taste, texture, etc. win over a couple bucks.

Year ago, DC, you came on here talking about just what a clown car the industry is for jugs and lids - that if you knew of or owned a plastic injection molding company that supplied but the jugs and the lids, you could make a tone of money. I actually looked into that. Talked to few friends and what a nightmare a business like that could be with cancelled orders, useless inventory, have lids shipped in, paying for packing... If you already had something like that going, it could have paid some nice dollars. But if had to use someone else's plant and outsource the molding it would be rough.

I think you've been around long enough for people to have confidence in your product. You have a loyal base and you even reflect good personality. Your books should be showing black ink and for many years to come.

So let me tell you how this works ok? Raw ingredients come into our warehouse and are placed into a quarantine section of our warehouse, it literally is in a separate locked 10ft high fenced in cage so no mistake is ever made for it to end up in our general population of raw materials before it passes our clearances. Let's use for example WPC (whey protein concentrate), its bought from the dairy itself or its packaging mediary, it shows up at our warehouse and the dairy gives us their Certificate of Analysis along with all current specs with this product (or whatever raw material it is), the product is then put into our quarantine and many samples are taken from this delivery. We use the "10th sample method". What that means that we sample every 10th kg, bag or pallet. So if we get 1000kg of the same creatine batch from our manufacturer, every 100kg we pull a sample. If we get 500 bags of WPC, every 10th bag we pull a sample. These samples pulled are then blended together for an aggregate of the total batch. This sample is then either tested internally and/or sent to multiple different 3rd party labs we have contracted out. Side note, why do we use so many different labs? Because we also cross reference occasionally to make sure specs are coming back on par/same from one lab to the next. So we're not only testing our materials, we're also making sure our labs are legit. We test for purity, potency and identity. What does that mean? Purity to make sure the material doesn't have a dangerous microbe or poison that could make you sick. Potency, to make sure if something says its 90% protein or 99% extracted, etc. its is actually to spec. And Identity, to make sure the fermented glutamine we brought in, is actually fermented glutamine. These tests can take up to 10 days to clear. And once they clear, then the material is cleared from quarantine and put into our general pop. Additionally this isn't just for raw powder material, this goes for packaging, lids, jugs, bags, everything!

Where do these raw ingredients come from?

True Nutrition is the only place I've ever ordered bulk protein and supplements from. Thanks Dante for standing behind your product quality in such a shady industry, you will continue to have my support.

Again I am looking at these results and just shaking my head in disbelief. Especially at the two bottom ones. What is that sawdust?

Probably maltodextrin. Tasteless, mixes instantly. Costs $0.60/kg v. WPI which is ~ $20/kg.

It's always obvious when you see companies retail WPI for less than it costs me to get it directly from F, and as you know, F doesn't give discounts on volume since the demand is so huge.

Makes me happy the only two places I get my protein these days are TP (cold filtered isolate) and Synthetek (SynthePure). I used to buy a different brand each time I ran out though. Who knows how much protein I was really using.

Thanks for this highly informative post. I have been using True Nutrition for years, but I would still appreciate seeing those links of test results on your website. Well worth the 15mins!

Years ago I used to order from The Protein Factory in New Jersey. Shipping cost me an arm and a leg. I live in Cali, so True Nutrition shipping can save me a lot of cash.

Is Davisco still the big protein supplier?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Keep up the good work. Glad to see the brand I buy tested very high. I also buy true protein so i'm feeling good right now :)

You and I are in total opposite industries and I like you seem to be the only fucker playing by the rules and I see the shit others do in my industry and because of my success, eyes are always on me as I'm sure they are on you. Those slime ball companies are waiting for you to fuck up (which you won't) and test a batch of your stuff that tests out low ( which we know won't happen).

So I feel ya and appreciate the effort you put in to put out a good product line.

Related to your web site which I also own a lot....Hundreds of thousands invested in them. Need to go mobile responsive (ask your web guy) which will make it such a easy pleasure to order on a mobile device which 70% of users are probably using when they shop.

You may even want to invest in an app in the future but that's not the most important thing to worry about.

Anyway I always look forward to more scam artists being exposed so keep letting us know.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Absolutely and its being worked on right now....actually just saw the first version of it the other day.

Just one note/question on the first data set. You say most are failing because isolate should be 90% protein, but most of those products are not isolate only, so they shouldn't actually be at 90% correct?
Also products like syntha 6 and muscle milk would be expected to be a much lower % based on the type of product they are.
I agree with your stance and I know a few others do as well, such as Lobliner, but just wanted to make sure people didn't think those below 90% are trying to screw anyone necessarily.

You are right. I had looked at the first link and the very first two company names and proteins and saw the whey isolates, and then scanned down the protein percentage aisle when i was copy and pasting that thinking all of them were whey isolates. I realize today that not every protein in there was an isolate. Still some awful results regardless because even a concentrate needs to be in a 76-84% range.

DC....I was made aware of this a couple years ago by a mutual friend of ours who is an attorney that handles lawsuits against these scamming protein companies. It's our friend with monster sized calves. He let me know most protein companies have much less protein in the container and some as low as 40% of what they claim. It's sad that companies operate this way. He also said most protein comes from China. He let me know which company had USA made protein and 90% of what they claim in content.

I dont know if i would agree with CW on most protein comes from China. A few years back Gatorade (pepsi) came out with their G series protein stuff and they bought up so much whey protein that they created a massive shortage in the commodity market. And they went to China to produce and have product produced for them. So maybe that was what CW was talking about. Most proteins though come from Dairies in the midwest although there are exceptions. Pea protein ingredients are harvested grown in Canada, and then shipped to China to be processed and then sent back here. Its sad truly....I had a company come to me to make their protein powder and they had 34% WPC in their recipe...and this is a known company that if i said the name every single one of you guys would know it because they have sponsored athletes and its a KNOWN name in the industry. 34% WPC is used as a thickening agent and as animal feed....and these guys had it in their protein powder because its so dirt cheap. Needless to say, we didnt produce for them.

Dante, thank you for posting this.

I have at least one if not two of these products sitting here, and I am so mad at myself for price shopping this time around.
-ahem, BSN Orange Cream protein. Bastards-

I have some of your products sitting here as well and honestly, it is reassuring to know what is said is in it, is in it.

What protein powder would you recommend for someone that is fine with a concentrate/isolate mix, but needs the flavor to be very tolerable.

I have had some powders that state they are "insert flavor here" and they are just horrendous. Fruity flavors (don't judge me, lol) work better than your typical chocolate or vanilla......

Sorry for stupid question, but I hate to waste money and effort on getting a product hoping it will be able to be used.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws