over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The bullshit supplement industry

Wow I just assumed it must be more expensive. Wonder why the casein is so much more expensive then just regular whey?

Effective marketing ;)

I'm giving the Animal Whey a try. It has 25 grams of protein and only 4 grams of carbs per serving. Has anyone else tried this product?

I always thought casein was harder and more expensive to make than whey?

My current 5lb bucket is Dymatize,hopefully there's a decent amount in there because it cost a fortune at GNC.

Hell no. Less than 50% of WPI cost.

Wow I just assumed it must be more expensive. Wonder why the casein is so much more expensive then just regular whey?

Effective marketing ;)

Very interesting. I always thought casein was more expensive than whey for a good reason.

Even on truenutrition, the micellar casein is $14.59 a pound versus the WPI which is $11.49.

I'm giving the Animal Whey a try. It has 25 grams of protein and only 4 grams of carbs per serving. Has anyone else tried this product?
I like Animal as a company but... Considering what DC said about the big company with lots of sponsored athletes a lot of people like doing shady stuff with protein, I'm not sure who I would trust anymore...

I used tn for a few things here and there but after the enlightening read. I ordered all my protein from them. Had a nice little restock order to fill :D

Thanks for all the good info. I do try to get most proteins from solid food sources. But when dieting, or as an inbetween meal sup, I tend to use Jay Robb protein. Non-GMO, lactose free, quality whey that doesn't bloat you and mixes well. Taste is decent as well. No fillers. No fat. No sugar (has stevia) All in all, great quality.

It's comforting to know that there is some transparency in the industry. Hats off to Dante and his TN crew.

This opened my eyes and just bought some of your protein.

I ordered 15lbs the other day, I have been bouncing around trying to find a protein that does not destroy my guts, I hope this is it.

The funny thing is that every time I get on here and bash protein powders, everyone calls me every name in the book. No you all see why I bash them.

I would not hesitate to order from TN or buy from Synthetek though.

The funny thing is that every time I get on here and bash protein powders, everyone calls me every name in the book. No you all see why I bash them.

I would not hesitate to order from TN or buy from Synthetek though.
In that last thread I don't recall anyone calling you nasty names, we simply disagreed on a few things. I just want to clarify that I actually respect you for being at least somewhat open minded and using yourself as a "case study", but of course with the whole protein thing the assumption was that one would be buying from a trusted company rather than Body Fortress.

I was just going for effect. No one called me any names. I would probably trust Body Fortress as much as any of these companies anymore. I will be giving away all of the protein I have in my cabinet in the coming days.

I made the mistake of watching the video for BPI's new IsoHD protein. They talked me into buying the product. I ran into a buy 2 get 1 free deal. Fortunately, I only bought 1.6 pound containers. I wasn't sure about the flavor. The list of ingredients is amazingly long for my liking. The protein has a slight Kerosene smell to it, and I can't help tasting that overtone when I drink it because of the smell. It gets foamy and doesn't dissolve well. Not a good whey isolate at all!

In that last thread I don't recall anyone calling you nasty names, we simply disagreed on a few things. I just want to clarify that I actually respect you for being at least somewhat open minded and using yourself as a "case study", but of course with the whole protein thing the assumption was that one would be buying from a trusted company rather than Body Fortress.

I was just going for effect. No one called me any names. I would probably trust Body Fortress as much as any of these companies anymore. I will be giving away all of the protein I have in my cabinet in the coming days.

I made the mistake of watching the video for BPI's new IsoHD protein. They talked me into buying the product. I ran into a buy 2 get 1 free deal. Fortunately, I only bought 1.6 pound containers. I wasn't sure about the flavor. The list of ingredients is amazingly long for my liking. The protein has a slight Kerosene smell to it, and I can't help tasting that overtone when I drink it because of the smell. It gets foamy and doesn't dissolve well. Not a good whey isolate at all!
Hell, I wouldn'ttrust anything made by BPI with a ten foot pole. They have pushed so many useless herbs hyping them like they were better than steroids over the years, and rely on pseudo science and fancy packaging to sell all this shit to kids in GNC. That alone is enough for me to not want to buy their protein even if it is 100% quality stuff, I just can't stand their sleazy approach.

i appreciate the info. i have been reading a lot of these article lately. over the past few years i have stuck to tn and a company in nj that i dont want to mention as they are not a sponsor.

Do a search on a company American Whey,it is pure shit! I have tried to let people know this. Course with the price of next to nothing people won't listen,
So i just don't care if they buy the shit anymore,

Synthepure is amazing and TN is great also, these are the only 2 protein products I buy anymore.

I personaly switched to casein awhile back but this makes me wonder if they are pulling this with whey than there's probably very little casein going into the products on store shelves. (At least thats what I assume. I always thought casein was harder and more expensive to make than whey?)

My current 5lb bucket is Dymatize,hopefully there's a decent amount in there because it cost a fortune at GNC.

Optimum Nutrition has it. Have used Serious Mass.Also tried Dymatize weight gainer, an noticed a big difference .ON is better.Wouldn't waste time with GNC. The Vitamin Shoppe is better.

Supplement companies have been fucking people for many years. Remember Weider was sued by the FTC back in 1984 for making false claims about his amino acids. This crap will never end.

How bad has it gotten? I started receiving Maxtest 300 in the mail two months ago. Soon after my Mastercard was charged $89 by this company in Las Vegas. I never ordered this shit. Nor would I used this bullshit concoction of herbs that won't do anything but empty a wallet. I have no libido issues and never have, even at 58 years old. So this damn company somehow stole my name, address and mastercard number and started sending me a product that i never ordered. Well they can stick the cost up their asses as I refused charges. But these kind of ethic-less, criminal business practices are what is giving the supplement and health food industry a black eye. This type of crap has been going on for a long time and many of us completely distrust the supplement industry and think most of them are charlatans.

The supplement industry is a $61 billion/yr industry. As long as there is this much money to be made the cheats and scammers will always exists and prey on us. The honest people in this industry are known but you just have to do you due diligence. That is why when I do buy supplements (I see very little) I will only deal with TrueNutrition. Dante has just proven to me why I made this decision.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws