over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The carnivore diet

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I did a search and there are some old threads but nothing long with the group that post today.

Has anyone tried it? Do you think it would be a good diet for body composition and health? How would it compare to a typical high carb diet or keto?

My thoughts.... potential negatives... If you think ketosis is important the high protein kicking you out may be a concern. You may be deficient in certain vitamins. Never a carb up day so obviously you can't use insulin as a tool.

Potential positives, you could probably eat more total calories due to tef so possibly some small gains or fat loss at maintenance. You could then manipulate this when you want to add size or lean out improved insulin sensitivity. Not sure how it would impact digestion I don't have digestive issues. Increase in satiety vs having fat or carbs I would think.

Dr Jordan Peterson swore by it (psychologist) by his experience, but I have a feeling it contributed to health problems for him

dr andrew huberman recommends starchy carbs ( not refined sugars) before bed to induce a sleepy state for instance and to biohack. starchy carbs also increase seritonin. O/t but another good point he makes :
refined sugars affect and disrupt neurons in gut that create a situation where start to you crave more sugar , eventually via the vagus nerve, which can trigger the release of dopamine, and can make you crave more sugar,
independent of how something may taste

I did carnivore diet for a while, it's basically an elimination diet, I was having some bad digestive issues and went carnivore for 6 weeks. I then slowly started adding foods back in slowly like veggies to see how my digestion was. It helped clear my digestive problems and figure out what to stay away from.

is good for many reasons mostly health if strict and monitored ofc, but adding muscle over regulr diet not really.

I have a bad autoimmune disease..it causes rough intestinal inflammation.

I usually do a month or 2 of carnivore and it clears up and gets rid of the problems.

My cholesterol always takes a hit though.

I did a search and there are some old threads but nothing long with the group that post today.

Has anyone tried it? Do you think it would be a good diet for body composition and health? How would it compare to a typical high carb diet or keto?

My thoughts.... potential negatives... If you think ketosis is important the high protein kicking you out may be a concern. You may be deficient in certain vitamins. Never a carb up day so obviously you can't use insulin as a tool.

Potential positives, you could probably eat more total calories due to tef so possibly some small gains or fat loss at maintenance. You could then manipulate this when you want to add size or lean out improved insulin sensitivity. Not sure how it would impact digestion I don't have digestive issues. Increase in satiety vs having fat or carbs I would think.
I am doing 99.99% carnivore - only thing is I add 1 avocado a day and doing it in ckd manner, every 7-10 carbs refeed. What can I say: I will never know about potential health benefits as I never has auto immune problems or skin problems, for me it is just keto but animal based as I love meat and eggs. Recently in last few weeks my cravings for pb gone so i stopped eating it.

Pr

protein will never kick you out from ketosis, the ONLY one condition for ketosis to occur is lack of carbihydrates , none of this: high protein or low fat or two alltogether will kick you out from keto - just look at pmsf - very high protein very low fat and still ketosis occur.

is good for many reasons mostly health if strict and monitored ofc, but adding muscle over regulr diet not really
Well it depend just look at testimonal of people who were doing Vince Gironda steak and egg diet- a lot of them gains some muscles.

well it may be an improvement over the typical poor diets used before switching to steak n eggs like way back then but going from a decent carb inclusive bodybuild diet to carnivore and no carbs wont be improving actual muscle gain for nearly anyone by itself.

Pr

protein will never kick you out from ketosis, the ONLY one condition for ketosis to occur is lack of carbihydrates , none of this: high protein or low fat or two alltogether will kick you out from keto - just look at pmsf - very high protein very low fat and still ketosis occur.
Protein can only slow you getting into ketosis initially. If your body is glucose adapted. Once fat adapted your body will use fat stores if fat isn't available.

I have been doing this off and on for years to certain extents.

Steak and eggs twice a day is my go to diet to slim down.

I went pure 100% carnivore for over 6 months beginning of 2020 and it was by far the best I've ever felt in my life.

Felt incredible in every way possible.

I'm likely getting back on that train in a few months.

For you guys that follow the carnivore diet , do you have a set macro you try to hit like a rato of protein to fats??
And from what I'm reading , it's just a meat diet??
No added fiber at all??

N
For you guys that follow the carnivore diet , do you have a set macro you try to hit like a rato of protein to fats??
No added fiber at all??
no..don’t set shit when doing carnivore. Just eat until you are full every time.

And fiber is what is wrong with a lot of people..I feel like absolute shit when my fiber gets too high

You are what you eat fibre is literally shit so no wonder 😁
N

no..don’t set shit when doing carnivore. Just eat until you are full every time.

And fiber is what is wrong with a lot of people..I feel like absolute shit when my fiber gets too high

No added fiber at all??
No just eat.
Yes, including, at least for myself... butter, bone broth, and plenty of salt and spices
Fiber, nah never... is that 90's fiber myth still a thing?

You are what you eat fibre is literally shit so no wonder 😁
I never understood the fiber argument..”I can’t shit”..coach “take fiber” BB”it says bulk forming on the label. Won’t that make it harder to shit?” Coach “of course not. SCIENCE!!”

BB…proceeds not to shit

For you guys that follow carnivore, what range +/- body fat do you stay at?

I never understood the fiber argument..”I can’t shit”..coach “take fiber” BB”it says bulk forming on the label. Won’t that make it harder to shit?” Coach “of course not. SCIENCE!!”

BB…proceeds not to shit
I agree with this. It seems like on forums guys who are always talking about their bowel movements and how they shit too often or too little are always talking something to adjust how often they shit. Then they complain about it and take another digestive supplement.

When you shit you shit, when you don't you don't. Too often? Your sick or need to change diet. Your constipated? It's been known to happen to humans, wait it out or change diet if it's regular.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws