over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The carnivore diet

in retrospect, after more research - it is more than likely it was the ssri addiction that caused his health crisis, NOT the carnivore diet. I retract my statement
Def not diet imo but JP also had a serious Xanax addiction and as a veteran that was out in those meds it took me years to get off once daily dosing of benzos so I can only imagine how bad multiple doses a day fucks you. Cutting greens is not a smart move

Not carnivore but animal based (90% animal meats and fats).

I do favor a Mediterranean version though due to my APOE4 variant.

-Grass fed and finished beef
-Fish
-Fish Oils
-Mono’s (Avocado, EVOO, etc)
-Low toxicity greens
-Very low carbs from greens (5-10%)
-No seed oils
-No sugar or processed bs

Love it. Feel great.

-Fish
-Fish Oils
-Low toxicity greens

Love it. Feel great.
Yiu can grow your own kale year round and most of your other greens as well and it does make a difference, APOE4?

Yiu can grow your own kale year round and most of your other greens as well and it does make a difference, APOE4?
Kale is great low toxins low histamine. Spinach is the opposite.

Thanks but I don’t eat Kale. Loaded with plant toxins IMHO.

Re: APOE4

Most if not all of the literature seems to indicate that APOE4 carriers (3,4 or 4,4) are predisposed to both insulin resistance and do not traffic Lipoproteins well (so they would accumulate more) thus increases in both CAD and Alzheimer’s risk (as well as vascular dementia).

That said, I’m in the camp that doesn’t think LDL is the problem but merely a factor. Inflammation is the issue along with hyperinsulinemia so for me, I’m trying to accomplish keeping all of the factors at bay.

1. Moderate (vs high) SFA’s to control LDL levels (not sure I subscribe to SFA’s increasing LDL but just to be safe). So higher mono’s and zero poly’s outside of Fish Oils (which I use a ton of as DHA is excellent for Alzheimer’s risk).

2. Low Carb (healthy fats and no processed bs) to keep insulin levels optimal.

3. Healthy, clean, low or anti inflammatory foods to quell inflammation too.
**Along w other lifestyle interventions or devices like ice showers, cardio for metabolic health, IR sauna’s when I can and plenty of nutraceuticals.

-Fish
-Fish Oils
-Low toxicity greens
-No seed oils

Love it. Feel great.
this is pretty much my diet + dairy , the only fish I am doing is tuna unfortunately, and just started with a high omega flax capsule since i cant digest fish oil for shit.

no fermented foods>??
no whey powders?

-Fish
-Fish Oils
-Low toxicity greens
-No seed oils

Love it. Feel great.
What greens do you eat?

this is pretty much my diet + dairy , the only fish I am doing is tuna unfortunately, and just started with a high omega flax capsule since i cant digest fish oil for shit.

no fermented foods>??
no whey powders?

Used to buy into the fermented food mantra as it were gospel. Killed sauerkraut and kimchee daily for a long time (despite not being crazy about the taste).

Did some deeper research into these and learned the science is suspect. Ditto with Kombucha etc.

I took a break and never looked back as anecdotally, I didn’t notice any changes anywhere. But n=1.

FWIW. I still don’t get sick. Ever. Never had COVID either. Knock on wood.

Used to buy into the fermented food mantra as it were gospel. Killed sauerkraut and kimchee daily for a long time (despite not being crazy about the taste).

Did some deeper research into these and learned the science is suspect. Ditto with Kombucha etc.

I took a break and never looked back as anecdotally, I didn’t notice any changes anywhere. But n=1.

FWIW. I still don’t get sick. Ever. Never had COVID either. Knock on wood.
Mogadose zinc. Vitamin c. Vitamin d should that ever be the case.
**EDIT** - DON'T GO THERE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not know, Popeyecalways seemed so healthy
Yeah, I know. I love Spinach so it sucks. I was eating a lot of it. Bloated acky joints, runny nose. It was the last thing I thought of. I don't subscribe totally to carnivore. The "toxins" trigger our bodies to make antioxidants but too much isn't good either.

Dr Jordan Peterson swore by it (psychologist) by his experience, but I have a feeling it contributed to health problems for him

dr andrew huberman recommends starchy carbs ( not refined sugars) before bed to induce a sleepy state for instance and to biohack. starchy carbs also increase seritonin. O/t but another good point he makes :
refined sugars affect and disrupt neurons in gut that create a situation where start to you crave more sugar , eventually via the vagus nerve, which can trigger the release of dopamine, and can make you crave more sugar,
independent of how something may taste
Dr. Peterson has benefited greatly as does his daughter and NO, YOUR FEELINGS are wrong and in fact carnivore diet has cured life long illnesses that they both suffered with. There is a period of ADJUSTMENT and is not easy on the digestive system, but have very good results with it for 4 months now. Below is a short bit of an interview on what transpired,

Peterson described an adolescence that involved multiple debilitating medical diagnoses, beginning with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. Some unknown process had triggered her body’s immune system to attack her joints. The joint problems culminated in hip and ankle replacements in her teens, coupled with “extreme fatigue, depression and anxiety, brain fog, and sleep problems.” In fifth grade she was diagnosed with depression, and then later something called idiopathic hypersomnia (which translates to English as “sleeping too much, of unclear cause”—which translates further to sorry we really don’t know what’s going on).

Everything the doctors tried failed, and she did everything they told her, she recounted to me. She fully bought into the system, taking large doses of strong immune-suppressing drugs like methotrexate.*

Her story took a dramatic turn in 2015, when the underdog protagonist, nearly at the end of her rope, figured out the truth for herself. It was all about food.

Peterson adopted a common approach to dieting: elimination. She started cutting out foods from her diet, and feeling better each time. She began with gluten, and she kept going, casting out more and more—not just gluten or dairy or soy or lectins or artificial sweeteners or non-artificial sweeteners, but everything. Until, by December 2017, all that was left was “beef and salt and water,” and, she told me, “all my symptoms went into remission.”
FULL LINK: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/08/the-peterson-family-meat-cleanse/567613/

Yeah, I know. I love Spinach so it sucks. I was eating a lot of it. Bloated acky joints, runny nose. It was the last thing I thought of. I don't subscribe totally to carnivore. The "toxins" trigger our bodies to make antioxidants but too much isn't good either.
Yea during prep I do carb cycling and zero carb days of just meat lean and broccoli but just meat seems a bit overkill. I always eat spinach, kale, and mesculan homegrown salad when I can but never had issues from spinach.

Yea during prep I do carb cycling and zero carb days of just meat lean and broccoli but just meat seems a bit overkill. I always eat spinach, kale, and mesculan homegrown salad when I can but never had issues from spinach.
Everyone has a different tolerance to histamine. All foods have it, some have a lot more. And it builds up in the body. You're probably fine with the amount you eat.

Everyone has a different tolerance to histamine. All foods have it, some have a lot more. And it builds up in the body. You're probably fine with the amount you eat.
Thanks I really did not know, I keep bees and get stung quite often so I prolly have quite the tolerance already.

Personally, I've been trying out the Reverse Health weight loss plan, and it's been pretty great so far. If you're curious, you can check it out at https://reverse.health/ . Just a suggestion to wake up a thread.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws