over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The carnivore diet

in retrospect, after more research - it is more than likely it was the ssri addiction that caused his health crisis, NOT the carnivore diet. I retract my statement
A millions percent SSRI's... those things fucking destroy peoples heads. Not sure why he agreed to take them.

I would say for most of gym rats looking into keto world ideal
Scenario would be:
1 Start keto first or carnivore
2 After three four months when fully adapt use fact that you are incredibly insulin sensitive raise carbs to around 50-100 mainly from veg and fruit and stay fat adapted for life.
3 Once a week like Bboy mentioned one day of heavy carbs.
I think this is great pro health scenario for almost everyone who does not wanna chase open bodybuilding , and most important thing - enough proteins dont be scare of them.

in retrospect, after more research - it is more than likely it was the ssri addiction that caused his health crisis, NOT the carnivore diet. I retract my statement

benzos apparently

waaaaaaaay more fun than ssri in my experience

I would say for most of gym rats looking into keto world ideal
Scenario would be:
1 Start keto first or carnivore
2 After three four months when fully adapt use fact that you are incredibly insulin sensitive raise carbs to around 50-100 mainly from veg and fruit and stay fat adapted for life.
3 Once a week like Bboy mentioned one day of heavy carbs.
I think this is great pro health scenario for almost everyone who does not wanna chase open bodybuilding , and most important thing - enough proteins dont be scare of them.
This is what I do. I practice athletic keto. I'm now more of an endurance athlete that loves bodybuilding. I'll typically have carbs 2-3x a week and they're timed around my workouts. Once fat adapted when the carbs are all burned up I gently go back into kero.

Pina is not a citrus fruit my brother. Based on what I have read its the bromelain attacking cells in the mouth (the digestive enzyme found within pina which is 2nd strongest in nature second to papain found in papaya, pectin within apples coming in 3rd). Its actually common. remember the food industry uses bromelain as a meat tenderizer its so strong, and i have cooked a shit load of red meat with pineapple it makes it fire

diesmillo, arrachera, PALOMILLA ( the best) , bistec, etc. yall cant get these cuts out there!!! :D
I’m an idiot 😂 pineapple does not have seeds , lol. It’s tropical. They are acidic though

I do very well with watermelon and strawberries @Muay Thai

They both digest very well and make for an awesome pre workout meal. Pineapple is great too , but it is acidic. I like a blend of the two. May try some raspberries, as well.

I do very well with watermelon and strawberries @Muay Thai

They both digest very well and make for an awesome pre workout meal. Pineapple is great too , but it is acidic. I like a blend of the two. May try some raspberries, as well.
I actually do well with various forms of berries. I used to eat 5-10lbs of blueberries per week, ID buy them in bulk frozen

blueberries score higher on the ORAC scale than acai even. Cloves are #1. I think cinnamon is #1. Ive always considered supplementing clove capsules to kill whatever bad shit i may have in gut.

I actually do well with various forms of berries. I used to eat 5-10lbs of blueberries per week, ID buy them in bulk frozen

blueberries score higher on the ORAC scale than acai even. Cloves are #1. I think cinnamon is #1. Ive always considered supplementing clove capsules to kill whatever bad shit i may have in gut.
Blueberries are great and have a high antioxidant value . One of the highest

Many take raw garlic cloves for this so I'd assume it would be good. My digestion feels great when consuming a lot of cinnamon. I dump it on my cor lmao

Blueberries are great and have a high antioxidant value . One of the highest

Many take raw garlic cloves for this so I'd assume it would be good. My digestion feels great when consuming a lot of cinnamon. I dump it on my cor lmao
garlic kills vampires bro! it must be worthwhile :) its jam packed in antioxidants just not way up there on the scale, darker fruits and berries and certain herbs score higher

Look up mark bells power cast. Probably the single best resource regarding information in the carnivore diet. He’s had every doctor and well known proponent on his show and regularly does the diet himself

garlic kills vampires bro! it must be worthwhile :) its jam packed in antioxidants just not way up there on the scale, darker fruits and berries and certain herbs score higher
It’s the allicin in garlic that works the magic

I follow dr shawn baker hes a little eccentric but very bright , I have been trying to get seed oils etc out of my diet and because of him I am eating liver
Ya he is a bit over the top on some things, but a lot of the stuff he talks is pretty eye opening. Andrew Huberman is another one

I know in like 2004 leptin was the talk on the boards pushed by a guy who went by par Deus and stared avantlabs. No surprise he came out with his leptigen a supplement to increase leptin lol. I think Lyle talked about it and said bromocriptine raised it. And claimed that when you go low carb you then refeed and Jack up your leptin and metabolized and burn even more fat.

But I don't see anyone talking about leptin or saying you can go crazy with refeeds it's still calories in vs calories out. Also with so many guys getting and staying lean with keto, it kind of debunks the importance of leptin imo

If letpin is so important than wouldn't all these lean people doing keto and only carbing up 1x a week be stalling out or miserable?
I think the fact that leptin is a complicated hormone and not a simple more is better or less is better made the masses loose interest in it quickly. Nuanced "it depends" type of things usually fall out of favor quickly as people want easy to do easy to understand with me/against me type of shit lol.

This is an excerpt from Dsades write up for his product Epitome. It does a good job of showing how "it depends" really applies to leptin.

Leptin Overview
I want to start with a short and sweet Leptin overview, which will be new to some and a refresher to others. Leptin is a hormone that structurally belongs to the cytokine family made primarily in white adipose tissue (WAT), but it is also produced in other areas of the body in lesser amounts, like brown adipose tissue (BAT) and skeletal muscle, among others. It’s primary function, particularly for our purposes, is controlling hunger and satiety. When we have optimal Leptin levels in conjunction with optimal Leptin sensitivity, as our energy stores fill up, the “fed state” is signaled and we are no longer driven to eat. When this system becomes dysfunctional, like in obesity or calorie restriction, everything goes haywire and we end up with strong hunger signals even when the body doesn’t need calories.

Like most hormones and adipokines, and pretty much anything responsible for any amount of signaling in the body, we function best when it is at an “optimal” level, we don’t want it super high or super low.

A number of things control the synthesis, release, and sensitivity to Leptin, but there are two main factors to be concerned with. These are fat stores (cell size and number), and energy balance. The important thing to remember is that a calorie deficit causes Leptin to drop, and a calorie surplus causes Leptin to rise. Part of the reason why people tend to hit a wall after extended dieting is this drop in Leptin levels. One of the common ways people deal with this is by implementing regular cheat days where they eat a bunch of carbs and a huge calorie surplus. However, this method is not without drawbacks, and with proper supplementation (Epitome), this becomes unnecessary.

In obesity, we typically see elevated Leptin, which causes reduced sensitivity. The constant over-supply of Leptin causes the receptors to downregulate. So we’ve got plenty of this stuff around, but the body has no idea what to do with it. As an example, let’s say every morning you go into Starbucks to buy coffee. But every time you pull your wallet out, it’s just full of Jordanian Dinar instead of dollar bills. You’ve got like, 100,000 Dinar in there, which is possibly enough to buy the whole coffee shop, but the Baristas have no idea what to do with it so you leave sad and confused with no coffee.

When an individual is obese, or has an endomorphic phenotype (who have similar biochemistry to the obese), and they lose weight, they will experience a major drop in Leptin levels, typically below that optimal window. So take Person A, who is naturally a fairly lean 180lbs, and Person B, who is an endomorph that dieted down from 215 to 180, and Person B is going to have lower Leptin levels and messed up neuroendocrine signaling giving him a strong desire to overeat and get back to that original weight. Even the emotional response to eating is highly controlled by Leptin in the brain, so Person B is getting stronger physiological signals (hunger pangs/fatigue), as well as psychological signals (specific cravings, increased reward response to food). Also chalk up the reduced resting energy expenditure from low Leptin, and you’ve got a brutal combination.

Ya he is a bit over the top on some things, but a lot of the stuff he talks is pretty eye opening. Andrew Huberman is another one
huberman is on another level bro. he taught my jew doctor friend (27 years old) at Stanford i believe @ neurology

I did a search and there are some old threads but nothing long with the group that post today.

Has anyone tried it? Do you think it would be a good diet for body composition and health? How would it compare to a typical high carb diet or keto?

My thoughts.... potential negatives... If you think ketosis is important the high protein kicking you out may be a concern. You may be deficient in certain vitamins. Never a carb up day so obviously you can't use insulin as a tool.

Potential positives, you could probably eat more total calories due to tef so possibly some small gains or fat loss at maintenance. You could then manipulate this when you want to add size or lean out improved insulin sensitivity. Not sure how it would impact digestion I don't have digestive issues. Increase in satiety vs having fat or carbs I would think.
I’ve been thinking about doing it bc of the supposed energy and health stuff. I’m big enough and with a newborn get little sleep which kicks off a whole lot of psych stuff which it supposedly helps, I’ve done entire preps on red meats and sweet potatoes and felt amazing. Now when I say meat I always mean lean wild game and on the beef side top round, sirloin (trimmed), 90/10 etc. I don’t believe that going all meat and eating T-bone steaks, ribs, and stuff like bacon is good for you no matter how much weight you lose. I will say that when I’m on all venison or elk I feel even better than beef. Thing is hunting can be expensive but it doesn’t have to be especially if you’re not chasing antlers. If you go out and fill all your tags and even have the deer butchered ($100) it comes out to somewhere around $2 a lb this is including cost of gas, tags, ammunition everything but the rifle or bow but one would own those I even if they didn’t hunt I don’t know many people who don’t have multiple forms of home defense and most put food on the table too. If I do it I’ll post what’s kept me back mostly is I’ve heard a lot of people who actually love the diet say there’s a period of 1-2 weeks of bad diarrhea/lose stool from the body adjusting to it. Personally I don’t see how but most of us eat meat 5 times a day already so this may be something more prone to regular people.

Dr. Lisa Weideman is a great carnivore resource also

I know in like 2004 leptin was the talk on the boards pushed by a guy who went by par Deus and stared avantlabs. No surprise he came out with his leptigen a supplement to increase leptin lol. I think Lyle talked about it and said bromocriptine raised it. And claimed that when you go low carb you then refeed and Jack up your leptin and metabolized and burn even more fat.

But I don't see anyone talking about leptin or saying you can go crazy with refeeds it's still calories in vs calories out. Also with so many guys getting and staying lean with keto, it kind of debunks the importance of leptin imo

If letpin is so important than wouldn't all these lean people doing keto and only carbing up 1x a week be stalling out or miserable?
I don’t know about the lepton part but my refeed days aren’t calorie crazy but I go 7 days no carbs then toss in carbs for a day, with low fats, and I always felt that it helped me burn more fat as well as keeping my insulin sensitivity better and basal metabolic rate higher over a long diet. You def feel better the 2-3 days after the refeed which jacks cardio and training back up but you’re back in a fat burning state so the energy has to come from adipose in that situation it does make you crave carbs more though so it makes the diet harder. Same reason I don’t do the sugar free stuff for me if I’m eating fake sugar I still crave sugar but if I’m just eating clean I don’t crave crap.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws