Votes: 17 39.5%
  • TP4U

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • VANDER WITH EASE

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • TP WITH EASE

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
V ........good man .........Now just do what we talked about on line ......you are solid .....you just got to show people what I see ..........

And marshall ..........V doesn't need someone to defend him ,he is a big boy ......if he makes his bed ....he will lie in it .......I too appreciate V's gift's and respect some of what you are saying .....but bro , settle down.... you are way too obsessive and it is coming off as alittle strange [ maybe that is why you are getting such a hard time from everyone ] You sound like a bright guy with a good eye for the sport , but leave it at that .......otherwise be prepared to keep taking more shit [ not from me though .......not my style ] You can get defensive from my comments , but honestly I am trying to help you out ......and that is a fact............When I comment on V , he knows I am being real and have only his best interests in mind ......He goes to me for advice often, because he knows I want what is best for him .............I care about the man not the physique ..........

I hear ya IA and always respect your knowledge in the iron game and other arenas as well.

It's all in good fun, like I said, my core message is absolute about V and I know you're in agreement and have the resolution to speak it also. Alot of guys slinging the iron and especially the younger ones don't want to hear or accept what limitations or short comings they have. (and this includes national level competitors and even those who've earned a pro card).

I was around when Arntz was going through psychotic meltdowns on Mayhem when Vander and his pics got attention called to them. He just couldn't handle it or deal with his own shortcomings (no pun intended), even though he had nothing to hang his head about. He just couldn't accept that someone who didn't compete had him outgunned.

It's tough to accept, I've been there, but the genetically elite are ALOT fewer and further between than people are ready to accept. Especially in todays supplement age, the less gifted are more than ready to destroy their health to try to keep up to what comes easily for those few.

I suppose I'm guilty of coming from a bit over the top, just to aggravate the guys who can't begrudge themselves to give Vander props. I'm just glad we're not in 17th century Salem or I'd be signing my confession and heading to the gallows. :eek:

Thanks for seeing I wasn't trying to be hurtful towards you ........I so agree with all that you are saying ........It seems to me when the sport was much smaller [ in the 60 s , 70s , 80s ] that it attracted far more of the genetically elite ........Now days .......there are just a lot of Chemical expirements out there and only a few Phill Heath's and RJ's ......Not too many white guys like Mendenhall , Leidelmeyer , and Paris out there anymore .......Your insight is correct in my eyes .......but your attempt to share your opinions while defending V .......just distracted from your excellant points........take care bro .....i hope you and your family are well

Vander could you message Ryan and try to get his head straight. He is too young to even think about AAS..... He will listen to you, because your big as hell lol... But I don't want to see him on that path at such a young age.

Iabadman we haven't talked in a long time. How is your back? Are we ever going to spare each other for fun times? I am trying my best to improve you know.

TooPowerful4u said:
shyt you got lucky kaiser. You found a needle in a haystack. 99% of jersey girls(my age anyway) are money hungry, druggies, drunks, who are OBSESSED with when the next party is and how much attention they can get and how cool they are.... i need a southern or midwestern gal badly

Hehe, yeah, I didn't say we get to say that very much, thats just what we call em in when we get a rare glimpse...lol :D I gotta say, you're right on track with that one.

well....

marshall said:
Vander is right, if Putnam or Dugdale or some other pro/national level competitor had this thread going and I was commenting on their physiques/potential/accomplishments, no one would bat an eye. Whether you guys care to admit it or not, it's only because it is about Vander, bottom line.

well I garuntee if peter developed the same persona as V and made the same statements as V Im sure many on here would have their stabs. It has everything to do with vander. He made this thread and now "shall sleep in the bed that was made" Peter has spoken of his accomplishments but no one has attacked him? The Man has won collegiate nats and going on to do NPC nationals, he as had mag photo arrangements and yet he doesnt have to flaunt it. Nor have I seen any "5 inch wrist" claims. He doesn't recieve the whiplash cause he does not start it. I've met V in person and hes a good guy and means well. He just has the ability much like a pro wrestler to start a bunch of shiznit online.
gooey

WALK THE WALK

ok ive heard all the midget cracks, and insulin belly jokes and what not in this thread from vander and marshall, and heres my take on physique! yes Vander has a great physique, not complete and he knows that, at least i hope he does, but now that vander is talking about competing again, i just say this, don't just talk the talk but walk the walk BIG MAN, lets just see just how good you are, don't just talk it on PM but lets see you slaughter everyone on the state level, then take it to the national level and take it too em bro! Im not wanting to argue here just stating what i would like to see from you vander, lets see how you fair against the squatty midgets like myself and the insulin belly big boys. I have always wondered why you aren't at nationals already mixing it up. Sure there is no living in bodybuilding unless your top 5 in the world, but get the pro card just for the shits and giggles, if i EVER got one i wouldn't try and make a living at it, i just want one to say i did it and thats it, I would compete in one or two small pro shows and gracefully bowe out. Now vander please don't take this as an attack or the wrong way, i would just like to see just how far that great physique can go thats all, the same thing i expect out of saaayyy lil savage, who i also think has the tools to go far, so vander murder the squat rack and then BRING THE PAIN BRO!

Yes,

I have to agree with Goo again, Peter does have a very nice disposition and possesses poise. He also knows that since he is a high level competitor, that threads like this can get thrown in his face at any time. So it is a wise business decision for him to not partake in events such as these (even if you ware not doing this for a business Pete). He knows this, because I remember a thread where he told LilSavage to make sure he doesn't get out of line and disclose to much information (gear etc) in the forums because it could get held against him later on if he goes pro. Peter calculates.

Last edited:
gooey said:
well I garuntee if peter developed the same persona as V and made the same statements as V Im sure many on here would have their stabs. It has everything to do with vander. He made this thread and now "shall sleep in the bed that was made" Peter has spoken of his accomplishments but no one has attacked him? The Man has won collegiate nats and going on to do NPC nationals, he as had mag photo arrangements and yet he doesnt have to flaunt it. Nor have I seen any "5 inch wrist" claims. He doesn't recieve the whiplash cause he does not start it. I've met V in person and hes a good guy and means well. He just has the ability much like a pro wrestler to start a bunch of shiznit online.
gooey
Hey this post was about a challenge in weight lifting was it not? then people starting throwing stones and it got outta hand, as I told Iabadnman this wasnt in any way the purpose of this thread what so ever, Me and TP were going to square off to a front squatt challenge no more no less, yet you act as if you have no interest what so ever YET you cant take your eeys off thsi thread and post on it;) talk about a contradiction, now I gladly erased what I posted about you and thought I made the right decision as Iabadman and me spoke about yet you still wont give up on bashing me? let it go bro , so youve never liked me for what ever reason thats up to you to decide and thats fine , i have never disliked you or tried to bash on you until the last post i made, If you feel the need to keep at it then carry on lad.

As for you and how you feel about Peter well Peter is getting married in September so im very sorry big Goo but i dont think your gonna be able to straddle up Peter for a quicky LMFAO:D

marshall said:
I hear ya IA and always respect your knowledge in the iron game and other arenas as well.

It's all in good fun, like I said, my core message is absolute about V and I know you're in agreement and have the resolution to speak it also. Alot of guys slinging the iron and especially the younger ones don't want to hear or accept what limitations or short comings they have. (and this includes national level competitors and even those who've earned a pro card).

I was around when Arntz was going through psychotic meltdowns on Mayhem when Vander and his pics got attention called to them. He just couldn't handle it or deal with his own shortcomings (no pun intended), even though he had nothing to hang his head about. He just couldn't accept that someone who didn't compete had him outgunned.

It's tough to accept, I've been there, but the genetically elite are ALOT fewer and further between than people are ready to accept. Especially in todays supplement age, the less gifted are more than ready to destroy their health to try to keep up to what comes easily for those few.

I suppose I'm guilty of coming from a bit over the top, just to aggravate the guys who can't begrudge themselves to give Vander props. I'm just glad we're not in 17th century Salem or I'd be signing my confession and heading to the gallows. :eek:
People only want to hear what they want to hear, its tuff to except someone who is different in many ways. I appreciate your words and posts you are not only very well spoken but you also have a clever side thats very funny , I also beleive you know alot more about BBing then people give you credit for, whoever you are I salute you , not too many people can speak there mind and never back down escpecially when it comes to deffending someone who is considered an outcast, that alone takes alot.

TO b-boy

Vander_V said:
So i guess this means if i dont come in perfect im Flattened haha well maybe so but hey im down for a run at it , who knows i could get ruined its part of BBing shit happens but i can tell u one thing i gonna have fun doing it.
In reply to your last post , Not sure if you read this yet in reguards to competing r? i posted this awhile ago, I never talked the talk bro sorry you are mistaken, which most people are when it comes to me :)

pumpputnam said:
The wedding date is Oct. 1st.;) Vegas baby!:D
congrats peter! now kick some ass at the usa's bro!

gooey said:
well I garuntee if peter developed the same persona as V and made the same statements as V Im sure many on here would have their stabs. It has everything to do with vander.

There's nothing to "sleep in" gooey. Vander is Vander, Peter is Peter, both seem like guys I would sit down and have a beer with and I'm sure both are great people in person. Vander posts pics of doing things with alot of old school friends of his and let me tell you and you know this to be true. You don't have lifelong friends and several of them unless you are a pretty damn good guy.

Does everyone have to fit into a Utopian model of personality for them to be agreeable to you? I hope not.

Let's take all things considered being equal. The way Vander comes across may rub you the wrong way at times and be controversial to others, but that is his style and rather than impeed anything he is trying to do in the physique industry, quite to the contrary, his personality would only add to the appeal.

It may even be one of the reasons he was sought out to do a DVD. Obviously it's not because he competes alot and is a well known national level competitor.

Vander needs to keep on being Vander, what the hell is wrong with that?

we will face off July the 13th

So....who won.............!!!! today is the 14th...????

Vander_V said:
The Challenge.

Well I just got done talking to my good old buddy TP4U and it seems his head has gotten bigger then his ass lol he has challenged me to a dual of FRONT SQUATTS only at a weight of 365 for as many reps as possible, i gladly excepted the offer and we will face off July the 13th , we will both be tapping this and no belts or wraps will be allowed , anyone else who feels mighty feel free to join in on this for I will hold nothing back on just completly ruining TP in front of teh entire Promus board , now dont ask about any other lifts he wont even dare to face me in those but i welcom a challenge from any of you out there , you name the lift and we'll square off , all lifts will be at a rep range of 8 or more.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

b-boy said:
now that vander is talking about competing again, i just say this, don't just talk the talk but walk the walk BIG MAN, lets just see just how good you are, don't just talk it on PM but lets see you slaughter everyone on the state level, then take it to the national level and take it too em bro! Im not wanting to argue here just stating what i would like to see from you vander, lets see how you fair against the squatty midgets like myself and the insulin belly big boys. I have always wondered why you aren't at nationals already mixing it up.

bboy, I'm not going to speak for Vander here, but honestly I don't see Vander bothering to compete with the train wreck that bodybuilding has become. If I was his advisor on such matters, I'd say absolutely not.

In my posts, I've said, WHEN the bodybuilding world comes back around to where it should, which is about symmetry, aesthetics and proportionate size,
then Vander should decide if that's an avenue he wants to pursue and an arena he wants to conquer.

IMO, even then, there's little motivation to put what it takes into competitive bodybuilding, because there is no reward. I think it is a motivating life factor for alot of younger guys, but for someone with a career, family interests etc... the doing it for "shits and giggles" aspect is long gone. Take someone like IA, even he's come to terms with the fact that the condition of the sport isn't worth trying to comeback and have fun with it again.

I hate to speak for others, but those of us who appreciate the classic structure, size and shape would welcome a return to that age of the sport.
And there is no question that Vander would be a dominate perpetual force for as long as he wanted.

Nothing against the shorter competitors but no one 5'6 and under can compete with someone of Vanders structure. The distended guts are a whole other thread and I don't really care to debate that. Their physiques are not pleasing to the eye or Olympian quality, that's all I'll say.

bboy, Vander's physique is not perfectly complete competition wise right now, because he's not in a competition mode. If it was and bodybuilding was still about the classic physique, Vander know doubt would be a top level PRO, if he wanted to, not just a competitor. He has all of the qualities and with his height, he would be a force at that level. I know you and gooey and some others disagree, so I have no problem agreeing to disagree with you at all.

Nothing against you bboy, but there is no shape or size that you could come in at, no matter how hard you tried, that could even touch Vanders post competition size and condition from his show last year, let alone if he poured all of his endeavors into competition training. That's just the way it is. Feel free to post any pics, but it ain't happening. I know you don't want to hear this because you have a great physique in your own right.

Kaiser said:
I have to agree with Goo again, Peter does have a very nice disposition and possesses poise. He also knows that since he is a high level competitor, that threads like this can get thrown in his face at any time. So it is a wise business decision for him to not partake in events such as these (even if you ware not doing this for a business Pete). He knows this, because I remember a thread where he told LilSavage to make sure he doesn't get out of line and disclose to much information (gear etc) in the forums because it could get held against him later on if he goes pro. Peter calculates.

What would be thrown in Vander or anyone else's face from a thread like this? He is debating with people, who are throwing up alot of challenges and critiques of him and he's sticking up for himself and speaking his mind.

His personality probably is his appeal to the 'industry', not that he gives a rats behind. Lee Preist is one of the most successfully marketed bodybuilders in the world. Go see if you'll get politically correct, spin doctored statements from him. lol He will tell you exactly how it is, period and so does Vander.

Like I said before, Vanders physique, look AND personality are I'm sure why he was sought out to do a production on him. It wasn't his competitive pedigree.

Mr.Pickles has the best posts in this thread a few pages back :D
I Find it Very hard to beleive this guy Marshall isnt Vander:rolleyes:
Ooh - ooh..I know -I know* Thats member Marshall :p
You and Marshall sound an awfull lot alike..

If you ever decide to Do a show that EITHER BigBoy or Gooey are in
youll be going home sad. Im afraid the Fatboy with Huge Quads and the Skrunched up Midget would Put you in your place.....
Infact Ill put some good Money on it Maybe to your Bud Marshall or any other takers..
Just when you start thinking your the "shit" in life like you do, Theres Always someone close by that can help you realize you arent shit.
i kNOW i KNOW YOUR jUST HAVING fUN RIGHT:cool:
Some of your Digs are out of line man,Nothing Funny about it.

Your funny though alright, a Few guys called you out on your Fake measurments
and You try and Laugh it off like you were Joking..whatever...Ive seen you say that about the Tiny wrist and waist So many times.. So what are the real measurments since you always want to bring it up?

Also, cant help but wonder?
What kind of dvd is this? Maybe I missed it but is it a modeling dvd?
Or Fitness?

Vander_V said:
People only want to hear what they want to hear, its tuff to except someone who is different in many ways. I appreciate your words and posts you are not only very well spoken but you also have a clever side thats very funny , I also beleive you know alot more about BBing then people give you credit for, whoever you are I salute you , not too many people can speak there mind and never back down escpecially when it comes to deffending someone who is considered an outcast, that alone takes alot.

Thanks Vander, people can tell by my post count and when I registered, that I read and take in knowledge the majority of the time (I'm always reading Big A's, Phil's, IA's, Ouch's, BBA, BN's posts among others) and I am not on this board commenting or giving my opinion on everything.

That being said, I've seen you take alot of criticism, nit picking and attempts at being torn down, for nothing other than you being you and looking the way you are. I've seen it on other boards as well, in fact I think the primate pic was born on Mayhem because someone was so pissed that they couldn't
get the board to agree that they were better than you.

The human spirit is very competitive in nature and alpha-male mentality runs rampant in the gym. Guys are not so easy to accept someone walking in who is superior at their own game and they naturally become defensive and look for ways to start to tear them down IF they can.

Geez, just watch one episode of elimdate, you'll see what human nature is all about when it comes to looks and trying to get attention.

You can even read beyond the good natured ribbing. TP jokes that when you go out all of the girls will flock to you. He is friendly with you and can roll with it, but don't think deep down that there isn't a small fire lit. Same with alot of these other guys and their physiques.

A perfect example is a long time ago on your V8/beef drink thread, I asked you a question about it, simply because I wanted to keep my beef intake at a certain level, but had gotten tired of preparing it. Well as soon as I posted asking you about it, someone posted right after and said "oh, you think you can look like Vander by drinking that hahahaha"

That is what you have to go through. If anyone even talks to you or asks you a question, there has to be something going on. It's ridiculous.

They simply will not begrudge anything to you, there will always be a weakness, always that you are using excuses, that you look funny, that your haircut is stupid, your headband is gay, your wrists are 1/8" larger than you said.

I just thought that'd Id step up and be in your corner, to help get some points across (not that you needed any help or asked for it) and you know what, people got pissed at that too !!! And because I was on your side...then guess what magically happened. I became gay an ass kisser or whatever else, complete with gay photos! lmao, too predictable I guess.

I'm just racking my brain what they will come up with if you ever chose to compete seriously (which at this point in time, I hope you DO NOT do), filled out your legs, went to a new stylist and got your hair cut different, didn't wear a headband...

Let's see, it would be you drove a stupid car, listened to gay music, that you overdeveloped your legs and now your waist looks blocky, your traps are lagging because you focused on legs...and the world keeps spinning lol

rAJJIN said:
Mr.Pickles has the best posts in this thread a few pages back :D
I Find it Very hard to beleive this guy Marshall isnt Vander:rolleyes:
Ooh - ooh..I know -I know* Thats member Marshall :p
You and Marshall sound an awfull lot alike..

If you ever decide to Do a show that EITHER BigBoy or Gooey are in
youll be going home sad. Im afraid the Fatboy with Huge Quads and the Skrunched up Midget would Put you in your place.....
Infact Ill put some good Money on it Maybe to your Bud Marshall or any other takers..

You are right Rajjin, because bodybuilding is a complete shit sport right now. The shit physiques that are nothing but chemical spillover are what tookover from the mid 90's and are being rewarded.

Not Vander's fault, he doesn't need to get involved in that mess. The guys you mentioned, it doesn't change anything. They can come in the best shape of their lives, in their best condition ever, I don't care if they are on shit that NASA created.

If Vander ever poured his heart and soul into bodybuilding, they would be in the rearview mirror like a blown Hemi going up against a slant 6. Hell, forget even that...Vander's condition, size, shape and symmetry for his shoot after his competition last year would own either one of them at their all time best.

They just can't compete with his overall package. No offense to what they've accomplished, they have the mental ammunition to try but lack the weapons to compete. Do they have great physiques, hell ya. But total package wise, you are comparing cubic zircona to diamonds brother, cubic zircona to diamonds.

Ok,this is getting fun again :D

gimme a chance to log back in as Vander real quick.... :rolleyes:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear