over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Chicken Pound

In NYC, at any grocery store, organic chicken breast is well over 9-10$ per pound, raw. Still needs to be trimmed, marinated, and grilled. At 9.99/lb delivered, chicken pound has been a pretty good value for me, and even can provide cost savings based on how much I trim off of store bought, raw chicken. Oddly enough, I actually prefer my own grilled chicken in the flavor department, but the ease of use is pretty unbeatable.

While the prices are insane, I think SOMETIMES it can be justified when time is really a limiting factor. There's times with my career where I'll be putting in 100+ hour weeks and I've used a meal prep company during those times to help stay on track. Not a typical situation at all, and I hate having to shell out $10 a meal, but it makes the difference between either not eating or getting crappy take out food.

That said, I bought an instapot (so I'm obligated to talk about it, lol) and that's made meal prep a million times easier and a whole lot quicker these days.

I'm trying to decide whether to get an instapot or airfryer; don't have the money or space for both.

EXACTLY. Who on gods earth would spend $10/lbs on chicken plus shipping? I buy chicken tenderloins from sprouts, a cheaper version of whole foods kind of, for $3.00/lbs, throw some lawrys low sugar marinade on it, throw 4lbs in a turkey basting tin foil pan, into the oven @ 350 degrees, come back 40min later and it’s done and I have meals for 2-3 days for $12 which would be a pound of this chicken pound chicken

If your Mark Cuban and your time is worth lots of money then go for it

By to the average bodybuilder this is just silly

Get up an hour earlier or go to bed an hour later
Meal prep companies are the biggest waste of money in bodybuilding and the guys who promote chicken pound would not pay for this service either

Question for you: how much are you paying for this and what do you do for a living?

I remember Skip Hill posted on FB awhile back and I had to comment. It definitely got a discussion going. He basically asked why ANYONE would ever pay money to use a meal prep company....and I basically asked the same thing. Unless you are sponsored by them and get shit for free, IMO, there is just absolutely no way to make that food work financially. I get that people might use this stuff out of convenience but putting 5lbs of chicken into a crockpot (what $12 there?) can beat whatever CHicken Pound has going.

And not trying to hate at all because believe me, I've almost pulled the trigger on Chicken Pound MULTIPLE times....the flavors looks amazing. But at the last minute I'm searching around for a discount code and cant justify paying that insane price for something I do all the time...cook.

In NYC, at any grocery store, organic chicken breast is well over 9-10$ per pound, raw. Still needs to be trimmed, marinated, and grilled. At 9.99/lb delivered, chicken pound has been a pretty good value for me, and even can provide cost savings based on how much I trim off of store bought, raw chicken. Oddly enough, I actually prefer my own grilled chicken in the flavor department, but the ease of use is pretty unbeatable.

Wow that’s crazy, I have visited NYC but never shopped there.... I made a comment below questioning why someone would pay $10/lbs for chicken plus shipping but that’s because where I live I pay $3.00 and forget that not every state is the same cost wise for food
With the chicken pound being a NYC based business I could see how guys there could benefit as shipping would be cheap or possibly local pick up.

I'm trying to decide whether to get an instapot or airfryer; don't have the money or space for both.

Man I love my Instapot!!!!!! Havent tried the air fryer yet though.

They seem to be pretty popular now, I enjoy making my own though and saving a few bucks. Chicken is and should be cheap. Beef on the other hand is another story!

I'm pretty much just being lazy, but I eat 1lb a day of trader Joe's prepped chicken. They are in sealed baggies in the juice and you just microwave them in the bag. 4 4oz breasts to a bag. Seasoned with salt, garlic and pepper, and fully trimmed so no waste. I think it's 7.99 for a pound/bag. It's worth it for me, my chicken always ends up rubberry if I try to make a week at a time and it saves me a lot of prep work to not deal with it.

Instapot for sure, I feel there's more you can do with the instapot as opposed to the air fryer.

Thanks for posting about this company. I had no idea they even existed and I’m extremely busy and was looking for something like this for a long time.

Got my first order yesterday and I agree the chicken is absolutely delicious.

Perfectly grilled. No idea how they do that with negligible fats and carbs.

Dont know if anyone uses this place but it sure does come in handy and the chicken is great. I prep meals but absolutely hate cooking for hours! Now if I can just get or find some LBA's

I have one but it’s been sitting in my cabinet for 3 months now. Can’t seem to find the time to read the damn instructions to even use it. Pathetic I know.

Can you grill chicken in there?

Talk to me about grilled chicken please?

Thank you

[/B]
Man I love my Instapot!!!!!! Havent tried the air fryer yet though.

1. instapot
2. 5-6lbs of chicken - 1 can chicken broth.
3. spices etc.
4. hit chicken button - 22-25 mins
5. shred with 2 forks - put in container.

Its that easy.

While the prices are insane, I think SOMETIMES it can be justified when time is really a limiting factor. There's times with my career where I'll be putting in 100+ hour weeks and I've used a meal prep company during those times to help stay on track. Not a typical situation at all, and I hate having to shell out $10 a meal, but it makes the difference between either not eating or getting crappy take out food.

That said, I bought an instapot (so I'm obligated to talk about it, lol) and that's made meal prep a million times easier and a whole lot quicker these days.
100+ hrs a week? Damn, when do you even have time to eat let alone make food? I feel for ya man. :D

Go to Walmart. You can get an entire chicken for $4.50. It comes in various seasonings (spices, no sauce). Its cooked and piping hot ready to eat. Peel skin off and have at it. Cant beat the price and very little prep.
Peel skin off? That's the first thing I eat.:headbang: I don't buy them often but the traditional flavor ones are damn good. And like you said its $5. Hard to beat.

Why does the nutritional Info not Add up.
For eg. their cilantro line is listed as
(per 8 ounces) Calories: 370 Protein: 51 grams, Carbs: 0, Fat: 5 grams, Sodium: 260 mgs., Sugar: 0

That is 254 Calories (51x4+5X10) not 370.

ANyways I have ordered some cause I am pressed on time. Hopefully it tastes decent.

Why does the nutritional Info not Add up.
For eg. their cilantro line is listed as
(per 8 ounces) Calories: 370 Protein: 51 grams, Carbs: 0, Fat: 5 grams, Sodium: 260 mgs., Sugar: 0

That is 254 Calories (51x4+5X10) not 370.

ANyways I have ordered some cause I am pressed on time. Hopefully it tastes decent.
It's actually 249 calories (fats are 9 calories per gram)

I get everyone can buy it cheaper and make it themselves but that is not a fair comparison, we´re talking marinated, grilled, cut into bite sized pieces, put into microwavable containers and delivered to your doorstep here...plus the chicken is kept cage free and is antibiotic and hormone free to boot, that is the comparison you´ve got to make, people sometimes don´t want to cook and like to call for home delivery, go to get take aways and some even go to restaurants the spendy bastards :)
All chicken is hormone and antibiotic free. It is against fda guidelines to give antibiotics or hormones to any chicken intended to be consumed. They can only be given to laying hens. Dont believe the hype

Which INSTA POT do you guys use? So many models. I think I might want to get one after reading so many posts about it. Being a pressure cooker, it's so fast too! Right now I dice up my chicken and cook it in a pan on the stove top. Just cutting it up takes a good amount of time.

With insta POT, can I just throw in whole chicken breasts without cutting them up? That would be awesome.

Which INSTA POT do you guys use? So many models. I think I might want to get one after reading so many posts about it. Being a pressure cooker, it's so fast too! Right now I dice up my chicken and cook it in a pan on the stove top. Just cutting it up takes a good amount of time.

With insta POT, can I just throw in whole chicken breasts without cutting them up? That would be awesome.

Ninja Foodie 9 in 1 is incredible

I have the Emeral Lagasse pressure cooker combo , it a pressure cooker , air fryer and crock pot in one , cost $80 at Sams

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws