the family wins out!

b-boy

IFBB Pro / Quadruple Featured Member/ Verified Cus
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
well i had a fun weekend at the USA's except being a lil dissapointed at not making the second callout :(. but i got some really good feedback from the likes of neil hill and george farah and my new friend beano from Tennessee who trains with flex lewis and those guys, they all gave me some great advice. now i was hit with a huge decision to do the north americans or not. first off George Farah approaches me and tells me to call him and i need to do north americans and he will guarantee me a first or second place finish or he will do my diet free for the rest of my life :eek: :eek:. LOL and then when im on the way to the airport, my good friend calls me who owns the gym that i work out at and tells me "hey man i looked at the pics and i think with 5 more weeks of dieting you are unbeatable, I will pay for your entry fee, hotel, and drive you up to cleveland if you will do the show in 5 weeks. Well all this sounds really nice and i will admit it had me thinking a lil but then i remembered that my best friends family reunion is that same weekend and we are getting a bunch of cabin in the mountains of Gatlinburg, TN. my wife told me to do whatever i think is best and if i want to do the show then do it, but at that moment i looked at my two lil girls and I know they have missed out on a lot of stuff this summer and i owe them quite a few vacations, so i have decided to skip the north americans and may not even compete till north americans 2012 where i can then do the masters class (maybe..LOL). I am now making plans to take the family to cancun and just get away and give them some down time from all my hectic bodybuilding crap. I will admit that the northamericans was tempting and i know me and john could have had me looking crazy in 5 more weeks but the family wins on this one and i will hang up the trunks till further notice.

That sounds great b-boy I know what you mean about family I have missed alot in kids life to because of bodybuilding. But you have the support of your wife like me and she wouldn't make the choice for you. But I thought you looked really good at the USA.

Well

well i had a fun weekend at the USA's except being a lil dissapointed at not making the second callout :(. but i got some really good feedback from the likes of neil hill and george farah and my new friend beano from Tennessee who trains with flex lewis and those guys, they all gave me some great advice. now i was hit with a huge decision to do the north americans or not. first off George Farah approaches me and tells me to call him and i need to do north americans and he will guarantee me a first or second place finish or he will do my diet free for the rest of my life :eek: :eek:. LOL and then when im on the way to the airport, my good friend calls me who owns the gym that i work out at and tells me "hey man i looked at the pics and i think with 5 more weeks of dieting you are unbeatable, I will pay for your entry fee, hotel, and drive you up to cleveland if you will do the show in 5 weeks. Well all this sounds really nice and i will admit it had me thinking a lil but then i remembered that my best friends family reunion is that same weekend and we are getting a bunch of cabin in the mountains of Gatlinburg, TN. my wife told me to do whatever i think is best and if i want to do the show then do it, but at that moment i looked at my two lil girls and I know they have missed out on a lot of stuff this summer and i owe them quite a few vacations, so i have decided to skip the north americans and may not even compete till north americans 2012 where i can then do the masters class (maybe..LOL). I am now making plans to take the family to cancun and just get away and give them some down time from all my hectic bodybuilding crap. I will admit that the northamericans was tempting and i know me and john could have had me looking crazy in 5 more weeks but the family wins on this one and i will hang up the trunks till further notice.

Brad, you made a fantastic decision. Your 2 girls will not be young forever.....being a pro is no different than being an amateur.............you still have to diet, compete.........just against guys who already beat you before.
You are not bestowed money just because you are now a " pro" ......its all just semantics.......keep up the good work.

Honorable decision Bro. Too many of us put bodybuilding before other things that are more important in life. Respect!

phil

Brad, you made a fantastic decision. Your 2 girls will not be young forever.....being a pro is no different than being an amateur.............you still have to diet, compete.........just against guys who already beat you before.
You are not bestowed money just because you are now a " pro" ......its all just semantics.......keep up the good work.
if "anyone" understood my decision i knew it would be YOU! i learned a ton from you phil, I am blessed to ever have known you.

very nice to hear man

:)

As a father of two grown children, you will be shocked by how fast they will grow up. You have made a moment to seize the day. Life is rich. Excellent decision.

That is a very selfless decision, and one few people would have made. With your physique you will come back stronger physically and mentally. Good luck

Not that my opinion matters....but I think you made the right choice Brad. You have dieted and killed yourself for months and all of us who family and kids knows what a toll it has on them. I applaud you for being a good dad and husband!

Greta decision bro... nothing beats the laughter and joy that you will receive on the beaches on cancun with your kids...

Great Choice!

Smart!

I am trying to convince Meredith to take it easy and enjoy life a little.

That cabin in the mountains sounds like a blast. You improved and sounds like you impressed a lot of people at this show.

Man, I am more impressed that you want to spend time with your loved ones.

I remember what your wife said at Jr. Nationals- I feel like a pageant mom! I know just exactly how she feels. Let me tell you it gets old fast! ;):D

If I don't see another figure girl for a year or so- THANK GOD!

You will never regret spending time with your family. Make sure you take a camera and get plenty of pictures to look back on in future years. Just the other night I sat with my 12 y/o son and went through our photo albums from when he was a baby up till present. He said it was one of the best times he has spent with me. Bodybuilding will always be there my friend....but sometimes children grow up and move far away. Now go make some incredible memories.

Not that my opinion matters....but I think you made the right choice Brad. You have dieted and killed yourself for months and all of us who family and kids knows what a toll it has on them. I applaud you for being a good dad and husband!

Amen to that , My wife and son have had it rough this year , this is the first year I've competed and it has sucked with the dieting having so far to come.
I can't wait to spend more time with the family for the rest of the summer.

its a very good and honorable decision you made bro , you certainly will not regret it.

I can't imagine the stress you and your familiy are under competing at the level you do

Brad - that is awesome my man. You have all my love and support...Todd wanted me to send you his as well!!!!

JM

MUCH respect...

B- I'm sounding like a parrot here after everyone else, but really, my respect for you as a "man" is HUGE. I say this over and over on this board, but it bears repeating, a Father's influence on the life his child is SO VERY UNDER-RATED and UNDER-APPRECIATED in today's society... for boys AND girls... your girls will consciously/un-consciously look to you as to what kind of man they should be with when they are mature.

You have made a "sacrifice"... you experience pain to give up something "good" but only to gain something GREAT!

And... with all the respect so many on this board have for you, thank you for setting an example that hopefully others may be able to follow.

Edit: the real great part about your decision... a choice like that, YOU CAN NEVER LOSE!

Last edited:
It is about time Brad. You need the break and more importantly your family needs their Dad. Proud of your bro. I have two daughters myself....My big one is now 17. I swear I remember just yesterday changing her diapers. Time waits for no man. Remember too, when you get old, they will be the ones to take care of you; or to make the decision to put you in a home. PEACE my brother.

Great decision B-Boy. They deserve it as well. When we prep, the love ones in our lives are "prepping" as well, they are at home support and go through the highs and lows with us in a different sense. Everyone needs to deload and take a deep breath to relax and enjoy life outside the bodybuilding stage. You are a true champion both on and off the stage! Enjoy it and trust me I know the next time you come back around to prepping your fire will be 10X greater because of the refreshing memories you have with the love ones!

Now go eat some cake:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner