over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The future of coaches

DK0223

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Do you see coaches being around for years to come, or do you think they will be phased out after say 10 more years? With all the new AI craze and technology today, makes you wonder if prep coaches will eventually become obsolete

I'm likely the only board member who's worked with ChatGPT and very similar technologies for years and they are 100% not close to ready for mainstream use. Bodybuilding coaches have been around for over 30 years and they'll be around forever. AI isn't capable of gathering all the data points needed for a successful prep / offseason nor can it put them together and combine with scientific fact, anecdotal experience, and a good eye to guide the bodybuilder.

Trying to program an AI that can do everything a trainer does will cost to much to get of the ground i would bet. And many people just want some one to hold their hand.

I'm likely the only board member who's worked with ChatGPT and very similar technologies for years and they are 100% not close to ready for mainstream use. Bodybuilding coaches have been around for over 30 years and they'll be around forever. AI isn't capable of gathering all the data points needed for a successful prep / offseason nor can it put them together and combine with scientific fact, anecdotal experience, and a good eye to guide the bodybuilder.
I’m the 2nd board member working with it, 4 of the top 10 generative AI companies are clients (not OpenAI), and I work deeply with GCP (hence why no work with OpenAI, fuck MSFT LOL).

AI in this current iteration is only as useful as you are good at asking questions, and data sets are constrained. ChatGPT even with the release of 4.0 will not replace humans, but the 14th, or 40th iteration…

…and that’s just OpenAI. Google et al are doing incredible things, and there’s so many companies outside the US.

Hell, one of my clients just got a $1B valuation last year. Tons of cash fueling this.

This hurdle with coaching will be that bodybuilders broadly will be too dumb to leverage it properly, since it’s not going to be proactively adjusting for lifestyle, surprises, etc - again, only useful to the extent you phrase queries properly, or have an excellent, clean data set that’s constantly current.

For as long as there has been sport there as been coaches, and as long as there is sport there will be coaches

No way in hell. Coaching isnt a formula...if it was, everyone would be huge and lean. Doesnt work that way.
Sometimes you sprint, sometimes you jog. A computer cannot problem solve and know when to make adjustments like that.

Coaches are not going to become obsolete. Non AI using coaches will.

Do you see coaches being around for years to come, or do you think they will be phased out after say 10 more years? With all the new AI craze and technology today, makes you wonder if prep coaches will eventually become obsolete

You didn't hire a new coach?

Glad someone other than me has been involved long before the hype.
For years I have been frustrated with every company calling everything AI and the general public not understanding the vast difference between narrow AI and general AI. Every home appliance has "AI" if you watch TV ads (at least here in Japan).

Soon enough we will see some real utility.
I believe 2023 will see exponential growth in narrow AI, particularly ML and Generative Pre-trained Transformers.
I'm working on use cases right now for creating financial documentation and I'm looking to see what Azure OpenAI has to offer through connections between Azure hosted data, 365, and on-prem data.
I'm also looking to combine conversational AI with digital avatars for customer engagement. Here in Japan people are quite accepting on synthetic characters.

As far as bodybuilding coaching goes, it would need to be able to ingest update photos, along with a lot of other data, and the offer meaningful guidance.
As most models now rely on pre-training you aren't going to see anything for a very long time, as no one will undertake training an AI for bodybuilding purposes.
ChatGPT is quite handy for writing up contracts and agreements for BB clients and I use it in English and Japanese.

@danieltx - you know I can't type to save my life, and I hate coding, so I'm already finding ChatGPT and Codex quite helpful ;)

Trying to program an AI that can do everything a trainer does will cost to much to get of the ground i would bet. And many people just want some one to hold their hand.

Well for one thing, when it gets good, AI won't need to be programmed.
Also for hand-holding...AI can be great. ChatGPT already often gives better guidance than dedicated therapy apps. As you say some people just want hand-holding, which is just basic affirmation most of the time.

Well for one thing, when it gets good, AI won't need to be programmed.
Also for hand-holding...AI can be great. ChatGPT already often gives better guidance than dedicated therapy apps. As you say some people just want hand-holding, which is just basic affirmation most of the time.
So you think this will all be available within the next 10 years as was asked. When people want hand holding as i see it they often really don't care if the advice is good. They just want to be assured that they are not the reason things aren't going well. And it is out of there control.

So you think this will all be available within the next 10 years as was asked. When people want hand holding as i see it they often really don't care if the advice is good. They just want to be assured that they are not the reason things aren't going well. And it is out of there control.
I'd say by the end of this year we will have some pretty good "hand holding" apps.
The risk today is that sometimes the answers can be (wildly) off. That needs to get sorted out.

Maybe the AI can finally tell us what the hidden secret of the pros is
Not yet. ChatGPT is still a bit naive :ROFLMAO:

Q: please tell me what the hidden secrets of pro bodybuilders are and how they get so big and ripped

A: The path to becoming a professional bodybuilder involves a combination of diet, training, and supplements, as well as a lot of dedication and hard work. There is no single "secret" to success in this field, as the key to getting big and ripped is to consistently adhere to a rigorous regimen that combines all of these elements. Here are some of the key principles that professional bodybuilders typically follow:
  1. Diet: Bodybuilders follow strict diets that are high in protein and low in carbohydrates and fat. They eat multiple meals a day and carefully monitor their calorie and macronutrient intake to ensure that they are fueling their bodies for optimal muscle growth.
  2. Training: Professional bodybuilders typically follow a weightlifting program that is designed to target all of the major muscle groups and to challenge their bodies in new ways. They often use a variety of exercises, rep ranges, and intensity techniques to keep their muscles stimulated and growing.
  3. Supplements: Many professional bodybuilders use supplements to support their training and diet goals. Common supplements include protein powders, amino acids, creatine, and pre-workout formulas.
  4. Rest and recovery: Proper rest and recovery are critical components of a bodybuilder's regimen. This includes getting enough sleep, managing stress, and taking time off from training when needed.
It is important to note that becoming a professional bodybuilder is not an easy feat and requires a great deal of discipline and commitment. Additionally, the use of performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) is a controversial issue in the sport and can be dangerous to one's health. Many professional bodybuilding organizations have strict drug testing policies in place to discourage the use of PEDs and ensure that competition is fair.

Q: How important are PEDs in becoming a top pro bodybuilder?

A: The use of performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) is a controversial issue in the sport of bodybuilding. While some professional bodybuilders do use PEDs to enhance their performance and physical appearance, it is important to note that the use of these substances is not only illegal, but can also have serious health consequences.
In many professional bodybuilding organizations, the use of PEDs is strictly prohibited and athletes are subject to drug testing to ensure that competition is fair. Those who are caught using PEDs can face penalties such as fines, suspension, or even banishment from the sport.
While PEDs may offer a short-term advantage, they are not necessary for success in bodybuilding, and many top professional bodybuilders have achieved their impressive physiques through hard work, dedication, and a commitment to their training and diet.
In conclusion, the use of PEDs is not considered a key factor in becoming a top pro bodybuilder, as success in this sport is more dependent on factors such as training, diet, genetics, and overall health.

Not yet. ChatGPT is still a bit naive :ROFLMAO:

Q: please tell me what the hidden secrets of pro bodybuilders are and how they get so big and ripped

A: The path to becoming a professional bodybuilder involves a combination of diet, training, and supplements, as well as a lot of dedication and hard work. There is no single "secret" to success in this field, as the key to getting big and ripped is to consistently adhere to a rigorous regimen that combines all of these elements. Here are some of the key principles that professional bodybuilders typically follow:
  1. Diet: Bodybuilders follow strict diets that are high in protein and low in carbohydrates and fat. They eat multiple meals a day and carefully monitor their calorie and macronutrient intake to ensure that they are fueling their bodies for optimal muscle growth.
  2. Training: Professional bodybuilders typically follow a weightlifting program that is designed to target all of the major muscle groups and to challenge their bodies in new ways. They often use a variety of exercises, rep ranges, and intensity techniques to keep their muscles stimulated and growing.
  3. Supplements: Many professional bodybuilders use supplements to support their training and diet goals. Common supplements include protein powders, amino acids, creatine, and pre-workout formulas.
  4. Rest and recovery: Proper rest and recovery are critical components of a bodybuilder's regimen. This includes getting enough sleep, managing stress, and taking time off from training when needed.
It is important to note that becoming a professional bodybuilder is not an easy feat and requires a great deal of discipline and commitment. Additionally, the use of performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) is a controversial issue in the sport and can be dangerous to one's health. Many professional bodybuilding organizations have strict drug testing policies in place to discourage the use of PEDs and ensure that competition is fair.

A: The use of performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) is a controversial issue in the sport of bodybuilding. While some professional bodybuilders do use PEDs to enhance their performance and physical appearance, it is important to note that the use of these substances is not only illegal, but can also have serious health consequences.
In many professional bodybuilding organizations, the use of PEDs is strictly prohibited and athletes are subject to drug testing to ensure that competition is fair. Those who are caught using PEDs can face penalties such as fines, suspension, or even banishment from the sport.
While PEDs may offer a short-term advantage, they are not necessary for success in bodybuilding, and many top professional bodybuilders have achieved their impressive physiques through hard work, dedication, and a commitment to their training and diet.
In conclusion, the use of PEDs is not considered a key factor in becoming a top pro bodybuilder, as success in this sport is more dependent on factors such as training, diet, genetics, and overall health.

It's like a weider magazine ad lol

I'd say by the end of this year we will have some pretty good "hand holding" apps.
The risk today is that sometimes the answers can be (wildly) off. That needs to get sorted out.
Everyone need to look at Google's AI presentation this week that caused them to lose billions in market capitalization. Google has been code red on this for a few weeks, they brought back Sergey Brin and Larry Page to help with it, they have more resources than almost any company in the world - and they still couldn't get it right in its first public demo.

Excellent example for this board of how far AI has to go before it's ready for mainstream use.

@buck has a good point. Too many people need that actual human interaction and encouragement to do well and stay motivated. I think coaches will be around for quite some time. I know some have remote coaches but that IMO does not seem to work as well. F2F is important.

Everyone need to look at Google's AI presentation this week that caused them to lose billions in market capitalization. Google has been code red on this for a few weeks, they brought back Sergey Brin and Larry Page to help with it, they have more resources than almost any company in the world - and they still couldn't get it right in its first public demo.

Excellent example for this board of how far AI has to go before it's ready for mainstream use.
It will be a very long time before an AI like ChatGPT will gain enough knowledge to make the same sorts of inferences and decisions a human would make. AI is only as good as the information that's fed to it as well as the logic programmed into it to make the inferences and patterns from the data it's learned. AI won't really replace humans anytime soon!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131