over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Game Changers

If the process of growing cells becomes easy to do, fast, and cheap then there is no reason to not do it for food. Funny thing though, some people are already angry about GMOs and those are no big deal compared to such a thing. Will the majority of people accept it? I'm like Hawkmoon and would welcome it.

No one knows what the medium and long-term health effects of GMOs will be, and yes, this type of synthetic meat poses those challenges as well. Every technological, molecular, medical change, etc ... should be studied, analyzed and evaluated before putting it on the market and in society. Which has not been done with covid vaccines, by the way.

On the other hand, the complaints with GMOs are from farmers who cannot own the seeds and who are basically Monsanto's slaves. Other farmers have seen that their fields have been invaded with transgenic seeds. Ultimately, this scientific improvement has not reduced the price of food or helped eliminate poverty or food shortages around the world, as its promoters promised. This is more of an economic / political problem and power struggle than a health problem.

No one knows what the medium and long-term health effects of GMOs will be, and yes, this type of synthetic meat poses those challenges as well. Every technological, molecular, medical change, etc ... should be studied, analyzed and evaluated before putting it on the market and in society. Which has not been done with covid vaccines, by the way.

On the other hand, the complaints with GMOs are from farmers who cannot own the seeds and who are basically Monsanto's slaves. Other farmers have seen that their fields have been invaded with transgenic seeds. Ultimately, this scientific improvement has not reduced the price of food or helped eliminate poverty or food shortages around the world, as its promoters promised. This is more of an economic / political problem and power struggle than a health problem.
Great points about the politics and effects on farmers. The technology should be made available to all, if they are willing to pay market price for it. Not sure how GMOs are obtained for farming.

I'm pretty sure that we are already growing some human cells in the lab now. Work being done to have the ability to grow new organs from your own cells.

If the process of growing cells becomes easy to do, fast, and cheap then there is no reason to not do it for food. Funny thing though, some people are already angry about GMOs and those are no big deal compared to such a thing. Will the majority of people accept it? I'm like Hawkmoon and would welcome it.
if u cant find it in nature, its a gmo.
most of what u buy in the store are gmos.
there's no seedless watermelons or cows or orange carrots or corn or tomatoes in nature. every single fruit and veggie eaten today was created by men. every farm animal eaten was created by men.
listen to neil degrasse tyson....unless u think he's an idiot too.

there's no seedless watermelons or cows or orange carrots or corn or tomatoes in nature. every single fruit and veggie eaten today was created by men. every farm animal eaten was created by men.
Arent plants and animals bred a certain way considered GMOs, or does it have to be something done in the lab?

Arent plants and animals bred a certain way considered GMOs, or does it have to be something done in the lab?
Yes. Its damn near impossible to find any food that grows now that’s not genetically modified. Non GMO is a nothing more than a selling point. Genetically modified doesn’t mean engineered in a lab somewhere. It’s been for thousands of years.

If can find it in nature it’s almost guaranteed to be genetically modified. It’s been happening for thousands of years. Most plants and animals have been genetically modified. Dogs were the first animal to be genetically modified about 32,000 years ago. There’s more plants and animals that are genetically modified than not

You guys have your terminology wrong. Genetically modified is not evolution and not natural selection. Genetically modified organisms are living organisms whose genetic material has been artificially manipulated in a laboratory through genetic engineering (Crispers). GMO plants have had their DNA modified using genetic engineering methods. There is a big difference from saying two dogs should make puppies and we should breed these puppies with this other breed of puppies to try and make a superior dog. Compared to a scientist taking a gene and inserting it into corn. There is nothing natural about a person inserting a bacteria gene into plants. There is mother nature at work cross breeding, making new species, and having pollen transferred amongst plants from flying insects and birds.

That is a problem, but the real problem is when you twist the truth, create an agenda, manipulate, lie, etc ... just to make your truth seem scientific, when it is not.

Morals or ethics are issues independent of science or the nutritional quality of an eating style. You can't mix it up in the same box.

that goes both ways, animal ag has has the deepest pocket of anyone at the table

You guys have your terminology wrong. Genetically modified is not evolution and not natural selection. Genetically modified organisms are living organisms whose genetic material has been artificially manipulated in a laboratory through genetic engineering (Crispers). GMO plants have had their DNA modified using genetic engineering methods. There is a big difference from saying two dogs should make puppies and we should breed these puppies with this other breed of puppies to try and make a superior dog. Compared to a scientist taking a gene and inserting it into corn. There is nothing natural about a person inserting a bacteria gene into plants. There is mother nature at work cross breeding, making new species, and having pollen transferred amongst plants from flying insects and birds.
That's what I thought GMO was, inserting gene sequences. I've got no problem with it and don't mind eating.

"Humans have actually been performing a low-tech version of the GM process for thousands of years through selective breeding. Ancient farmers did it with maize (that’s sweetcorn to us), and transformed a tough, indigestible grain into the juicy yellow kernels we know. Genetic engineering allows us to directly alter the DNA of organisms without having to go through the process of breeding them over many generations. ."

So the lab work speeds up the process a lot!

That's what I thought GMO was, inserting gene sequences. I've got no problem with it and don't mind eating.

It can get technical, but the main point is that natural selection and mother nature are not the same GMO. Selective breeding can be said as genetically modifying the original biological strain, but it is not same as gene splicing (GMO).

I remember as a kid eating pear-apples. A cross between the 2 fruits. That was back in the late 70s or early 80s. Anyone else have those? I loved them. I have no idea what happened to it. No longer seems to be sold.

"Humans have actually been performing a low-tech version of the GM process for thousands of years through selective breeding. Ancient farmers did it with maize (that’s sweetcorn to us), and transformed a tough, indigestible grain into the juicy yellow kernels we know. Genetic engineering allows us to directly alter the DNA of organisms without having to go through the process of breeding them over many generations. ."

Genetic engineering is NOT the same as selective breeding.

Genetic engineering is NOT the same as selective breeding.
I never said it was. Just pointing out with the article that the end result, changing the DNA code, is similar in both. Just different ways of doing it.

Last course I had in college for genetics was back in 1991, more than 30 years ago. Some things have changed but the basics still hold true.

I never said it was. Just pointing out with the article that the end result, changing the DNA code, is similar in both. Just different ways of doing it.

Last course I had in college for genetics was back in 1991, more than 30 years ago. Some things have changed but the basics still hold true.

If I take two random dogs and breed them, I changed the DNA sequence. If I cross breed two plants to make a watermelon radish i change the DNA sequence. Of course it is similar but, the process of how it is discovered is far from being identical or similar.

Lab work inserts DNA that the plant would of never of found. Speeds work up? Do you even know why GMO crops were started? It wasn't to find a better and more nutrient plant like your describing. It was to avoid crop lost at all cost. GMO had nothing to do with providing humans a better source of nutrients.

that goes both ways, animal ag has has the deepest pocket of anyone at the table

Everyone in the industry defends their corporate interests, but there is no propaganda in favor of animal products, in fact, saturated fats, whole milk and eggs have been demonized by the media and governments for decades. Look at the FDA or WHO pyramid, and you will see grains and vegetables at the bottom.

And the reason is simple, governments and big companies want people to consume vegetables because consume fewer resources and they can generate more benefits.

Everyone in the industry defends their corporate interests, but there is no propaganda in favor of animal products, in fact, saturated fats, whole milk and eggs have been demonized by the media and governments for decades. Look at the FDA or WHO pyramid, and you will see grains and vegetables at the bottom.

And the reason is simple, governments and big companies want people to consume vegetables because consume fewer resources and they can generate more benefits.

I am not from the USA but have visited a few times, even Stevie Wonder can see there is propoganda in favour of animal products. When I get home today I will take a picture of something I saw in a magazine over the weekend, I thought it funny it turned up considering this thread.

BTW the WHO recommends fats from fish, avocado and nuts, sunflower, soybean, canola and olive oils. We talked about this in the other thread that touched on the subject, essentially a pescatarian diet.

I am not from the USA but have visited a few times, even Stevie Wonder can see there is propoganda in favour of animal products. When I get home today I will take a picture of something I saw in a magazine over the weekend, I thought it funny it turned up considering this thread.

I find it hard to believe this in today's world, especially with all the vegan fashion, all that concern for animal welfare, global sustainability, the fear of climate change, etc .....

Governments and companies know better than anyone what it, is the ideal time to push changes in diet, that's why they say we should eat less meat and they are trying to push us with vegetal or insect protein.

BTW the WHO recommends fats from fish, avocado and nuts, sunflower, soybean, canola and olive oils. We talked about this in the other thread that touched on the subject, essentially a pescatarian diet.

But in small quantities, it is not the base of the pyramid.

I find it hard to believe this in today's world, especially with all the vegan fashion, all that concern for animal welfare, global sustainability, the fear of climate change, etc .....

Governments and companies know better than anyone what it, is the ideal time to push changes in diet, that's why they say we should eat less meat and they are trying to push us with vegetal or insect protein.

But in small quantities, it is not the base of the pyramid.

Governments subsidise the animal ag industry to the tune of billions each year, looks like the US govt propped them up by about $50 billion in 2020. I dont see your point in claiming they (govt's) are pushing an agenda when on the other hand they are propping them up with so much money

You may have alot of people concerned with animal welfare, the environment etc etc but when it comes time to asking them if they will give up a steak there is generally not many people left holding their hands up.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws