advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The "good teeth" thread - cheap alternative to Invisalign, and other things..

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
When I first got into lifting, my goal was to become buff and sexy so the women wanted me. That was when I was 15. I'm 32 now, much more mature. My reason now is that I want to... Be buff and sexy so that women want me.

What I didn't realize originally was that muscles are a small factor in the equation. As my attention has gone to other areas (my career and finances, my skin health, my fashion, etc), I've recently noticed that my teeth could use a little improving as well.

My smile is pretty good and white actually, but one of my front teeth is slightly chipped and it just messes with the symmetry enough to bother me. So I went to the dentist to see about getting a filling, and they told me the issue was my bite = my upper and lower teeth touch each other perfectly, so the tips grind each other. Before they fix the chipped tooth, the bit needs to be fixed, or else more grinding and chipping will happen.

So I did my research and found a cheap alternative to Invisalign. It's only $895 total for the entire treatment from impressions through retainers. The company is called alignerco. I went ahead and pulled the trigger just now.

I figured I'd make thread about it in case any of you are interested in teeth health, improving your smile, etc. I was surprised you could get invisible braces for that cheap, and it would be cool if someone here wanted them/needed them but hasn't pulled the trigger because the name brand companies are too expensive.

I figure this thread could also function as a source for any and all teeth related content as well.

For example, teeth whitening, etc.

At age 40 I found out I had to have braces for the exact same reason. Asked my orthodontist if I could get invisalign and he laughed at me. Moving the jaw, moving teeth is only done the old school steel braces way, with adjustments every few weeks.

So hopefully this works for you, but in my case it didn't.

When I first got into lifting, my goal was to become buff and sexy so the women wanted me. That was when I was 15. I'm 32 now, much more mature. My reason now is that I want to... Be buff and sexy so that women want me.

What I didn't realize originally was that muscles are a small factor in the equation. As my attention has gone to other areas (my career and finances, my skin health, my fashion, etc), I've recently noticed that my teeth could use a little improving as well.

My smile is pretty good and white actually, but one of my front teeth is slightly chipped and it just messes with the symmetry enough to bother me. So I went to the dentist to see about getting a filling, and they told me the issue was my bite = my upper and lower teeth touch each other perfectly, so the tips grind each other. Before they fix the chipped tooth, the bit needs to be fixed, or else more grinding and chipping will happen.

So I did my research and found a cheap alternative to Invisalign. It's only $895 total for the entire treatment from impressions through retainers. The company is called alignerco. I went ahead and pulled the trigger just now.

I figured I'd make thread about it in case any of you are interested in teeth health, improving your smile, etc. I was surprised you could get invisible braces for that cheap, and it would be cool if someone here wanted them/needed them but hasn't pulled the trigger because the name brand companies are too expensive.

I figure this thread could also function as a source for any and all teeth related content as well.

For example, teeth whitening, etc.

Would you mind posting a pic of your teeth as well as any x-ray films? I have an OMFS in the family and a good friend who is a cosmetic dentist who did my Invisalign for $500 back in 2004. Ergo, I happen to know more than I ever wanted to abou dentistry (cosmetic, implants, trauma, etc.).

At age 40 I found out I had to have braces for the exact same reason. Asked my orthodontist if I could get invisalign and he laughed at me. Moving the jaw, moving teeth is only done the old school steel braces way, with adjustments every few weeks.

I was wondering about that but my dentist said Invisalign would work and I double checked with alignerco before buying
Would you mind posting a pic of your teeth as well as any x-ray films? I have an OMFS in the family and a good friend who is a cosmetic dentist who did my Invisalign for $500 back in 2004. Ergo, I happen to know more than I ever wanted to abou dentistry (cosmetic, implants, trauma, etc.).
Sure, I took this just now

IMG_20220302_182148193~2.jpg

I meant something similar to one like this...

Screenshot 2022-03-02 205313.jpg

So you got that contraption mounted to your molars and sits inside your upper pallet? The thing you insert a lil key into and crank every month? It shifts your bite. I had that when I was in my teens. Hated that thing!!! Always was getting food lodged up underneath it. Not to mention the annoying soreness from my teeth being mechanically moved.

Cage

Nothing cheap works
Veneers are the best

Oral surgeon here;
Your dentist is scamming you by up-selling treatment. He's trying to get you to purchase invisalign treatment.
If you're happy with the alignment of your teeth, find a different dentist who will simply fix the chip. It's a very easy, cheap fix. It may chip again over time depending on your habits (teeth grinding, etc.), but even if you need to get the bonding replaced 5 times in the next 15 years, the cost won't be anywhere near what Invisalign would cost.
Tell your dentist to just bond it and that you understand it may chip in the future. Or find a new dentist. This is very routine stuff and happens multiple times daily in each dental office.

Nothing cheap works
Veneers are the best

Do you have veneers? I do and I would never ever in a million fucking years suggest veneers to anyone. Do whatever it takes to fix the teeth you have instead letting some hack grind your teeth down to nubs and put fake shit on top of them that will eventually fall off and you’ll never be able to replace with the exact same. Not to mention all the agony that comes with that….

I’m also currently using cheap trays on my bottom teeth that a dentist friend made that had a 3D printer….getting incredible results I wish this shit was around when I had my god damn veneers done instead.

Modern dentistry is a scam cash grab, your barber used to be your dentist.

I neglected my dental health for too long. I take good care of them now but I will need gum grafts soon. Luckily I caught it before periodontal disease could happen. My teeth are nice and white but my gums are receding.

Mouth breathing is a killer when it comes to oral health. I only recently trained myself to become a nose breather in the last year and a half.

Oral health is very much connected to heart health. Vitamin K is very important to prevent dental damage.

So you got that contraption mounted to your molars and sits inside your upper pallet? The thing you insert a lil key into and crank every month? It shifts your bite. I had that when I was in my teens. Hated that thing!!! Always was getting food lodged up underneath it. Not to mention the annoying soreness from my teeth being mechanically moved.

Cage
Not quite. Just regular braces, silver metal. They just switched wires every so often from a lighter guage to a bigger guage and tightened them. Hurts a bit for a couple days then you get used to it. The food getting stuck is a pain. Thank god they invented water flossers. I have one at home and one at the office, have to spray out the food after every meal, hate that feeling of food being stuck. I'm almost done, couple months left. The one good thing about masks mandates is that I covered up braces lol.

Didn't need braces when I was a kid. Then my dentist noticed that I was grinding my teeth (and chipped the front one). Turns out that I wasn't grinding at all, they were just smashing together whenever I ate.

The company is called alignerco.
I havn't heard of them. I went with Smile Direct Club which is almost double the cost. I had a large gap in my front two teeth that developed in my adult years from not wearing a retainer after having braces as a kid. I am lest than satisfied with it. Its been two years on their program and my gap is about half what it used to be but its not closed. I hope you have more success. Keep us posted.

I havn't heard of them. I went with Smile Direct Club which is almost double the cost. I had a large gap in my front two teeth that developed in my adult years from not wearing a retainer after having braces as a kid. I am lest than satisfied with it. Its been two years on their program and my gap is about half what it used to be but its not closed. I hope you have more success. Keep us posted.

If you have a good friend who is good with Invisalign, that would be my first option. Unfortunately, not everyone has that luxury. The second option would be dental implants. The latter option also helps BIGLY time if you have a relative/friend who is either an OMFS or an oral surgeon.

Nothing cheap works
Veneers are the best

Porcelain veneers are good for the incisors but if you train and/or compete in BJJ/MMA long enough, the veneer will break.

Do you have veneers? I do and I would never ever in a million fucking years suggest veneers to anyone. Do whatever it takes to fix the teeth you have instead letting some hack grind your teeth down to nubs and put fake shit on top of them that will eventually fall off and you’ll never be able to replace with the exact same. Not to mention all the agony that comes with that….

I’m also currently using cheap trays on my bottom teeth that a dentist friend made that had a 3D printer….getting incredible results I wish this shit was around when I had my god damn veneers done instead.

Modern dentistry is a scam cash grab, your barber used to be your dentist.

That 3-D dental impression printing device is probably a CEREC. My buddy bought one for his office back in 2006 which set him back $100k. It was worth it though.

Oral surgeon here;
Your dentist is scamming you by up-selling treatment. He's trying to get you to purchase invisalign treatment.
If you're happy with the alignment of your teeth, find a different dentist who will simply fix the chip. It's a very easy, cheap fix. It may chip again over time depending on your habits (teeth grinding, etc.), but even if you need to get the bonding replaced 5 times in the next 15 years, the cost won't be anywhere near what Invisalign would cost.
Tell your dentist to just bond it and that you understand it may chip in the future. Or find a new dentist. This is very routine stuff and happens multiple times daily in each dental office.
Thanks for the advice! Did you look at my teeth in the photo I posted? The chip is so small on the front tooth I wonder if bonding is possible or if I should just have the longer one filed down a little?

Thanks for the advice! Did you look at my teeth in the photo I posted? The chip is so small on the front tooth I wonder if bonding is possible or if I should just have the longer one filed down a little?
Not too small. Easily fixed by 99% of general dentists. He'll probably build it back to contour, then slightly polish the opposing tooth so they don't hit as hard.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131