over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Heavy Price

biohazard1971

Newbies
Smoking kills.

One thing that changed my mind about bodybilding was LOVE ! then I checked my E2, it was out of range

this thread again :headbang:
Yeah but clearly there are people just hearing this stuff for the first time. I don't mind it personally, i mean whats the big deal. Plenty of nonsensical threads out there.

More on topic though... I feel the drugs do have some factors related to heart and kidney health, but overall I think its the massive bodyweight bodybuilders carry around.

We could get away with a lot more if we didn't get so sloppy offseason and kept up the cardio.

seriously tho..

how many of those guys:

-had untreated sleep apnea

-did nothing about really high blood pressure

-abused pain killers

-abused orals (like Munzer, allegedly)

-abused rec drugs

-never dropped their doses during the off season

-abused fat burners like clen (Big Kiwi (RIP), said that he used at least 400mcg of clen/day for extended periods during gaining phases, and ate bags of candy on the regular)

-used diuretics regularly (competing multiple times a year. Dillet was so loaded he went full statue onstage)

-ate shit (Palumbo claimed to pound down McDonalds like no one's business)

-had genetic disorders (like Flex Wheeler and Arnold)

-ignored warnings (Art Atwood had a heart attack but kept competing IIRC)

-stayed big after stopping competing (Nasser remained quite larger after he retired IIRC)

-walked around at 250-300+ pounds for YEARS at a time? Trevor Smith and Greg Kovacs were 400lbs... fuck yeah you're going to die if you get that big

We know that bodybuilding is a very expensive sport at the highest levels.. how often do you think these guys got checkups? how many of them spent money on support supplements? Competitions back then didn't pay shit (they still don't). Many of them charged their fans for signatures on their posters lol. you think they would spare any drug/food money on health-related stuff? unlikely.

are bodybuilding drugs the problem? or is stupidity?

but I digress

Good read. Thanks for that - always interested about my favorite bodybuilders of the 90s and how theyre doing now. Mike Matarazzo was my favorite along with Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone. At my age (47) I hope I have made the right choices as far as my AAS usage. Im in it for the long haul and try to use in moderation.....but I do get impatient !!!! I do limit my slin use to workout days only and no diuretics. Thinking of my daughter keeps me from excessive use of anything - I want to be here as long as I can for her.

Threads like this are good every once in a while. Keeps us level headed.

seriously tho..

how many of those guys:

-had untreated sleep apnea

-did nothing about really high blood pressure

-abused pain killers

-abused orals (like Munzer, allegedly)

-abused rec drugs

-never dropped their doses during the off season

-abused fat burners like clen (Big Kiwi (RIP), said that he used at least 400mcg of clen/day for extended periods during gaining phases, and ate bags of candy on the regular)

-used diuretics regularly (competing multiple times a year. Dillet was so loaded he went full statue onstage)

-ate shit (Palumbo claimed to pound down McDonalds like no one's business)

-had genetic disorders (like Flex Wheeler and Arnold)

-ignored warnings (Art Atwood had a heart attack but kept competing IIRC)

-stayed big after stopping competing (Nasser remained quite larger after he retired IIRC)

-walked around at 250-300+ pounds for YEARS at a time? Trevor Smith and Greg Kovacs were 400lbs... fuck yeah you're going to die if you get that big

We know that bodybuilding is a very expensive sport at the highest levels.. how often do you think these guys got checkups? how many of them spent money on support supplements? Competitions back then didn't pay shit (they still don't). Many of them charged their fans for signatures on their posters lol. you think they would spare any drug/food money on health-related stuff? unlikely.

are bodybuilding drugs the problem? or is stupidity?

but I digress
I don't think you digress at all, I think you are right on topic and right on the money.

Lets be honest. 99% of us on this board are not goimg to stop using aas. But if we do the other things then I think the future doesn't have to be bleak.

Alex Azarian

Wasn't he a trainer on here, a long established member? I wasn't aware of his passing. Sad to hear about this. He was a very well respected trainer and man overall. Says unspecified cause of death.

Wasn't he a trainer on here, a long established member? I wasn't aware of his passing. Sad to hear about this. He was a very well respected trainer and man overall. Says unspecified cause of death.

Mal if you do a search you'll find some info on it.

He was a friend of mine. His cause of death was never release to the public. He died way to young. Good all around guy.

Got a good friend from the gym in the hospital for artery blockages as I type this.
When he first went in 6 mos ago he had been off for almost a year and his cholesterol was still in the 300s. Had 95% blockage in 3 main arteries.
Don't think it can't happen to any of use if we don't get bloodwork and stay on top of things like BP, liver and kidney function, lipids, etc.

Got a good friend from the gym in the hospital for artery blockages as I type this.
When he first went in 6 mos ago he had been off for almost a year and his cholesterol was still in the 300s. Had 95% blockage in 3 main arteries.
Don't think it can't happen to any of use if we don't get bloodwork and stay on top of things like BP, liver and kidney function, lipids, etc.

any idea what his family history looks like in terms of heart disease and other heart-related complications?

or his diet, for that matter?

I've been lurking Pro M for a while (before creating the account), and I remember people would give DC shit for talking about the "preventative" measures bodybuilders should take, and the whole "where are the bodies" argument would pop up. Then pros/former pros started dropping like flies, and now everybody's like "DUH, It's a dangerous sport".

I've been lurking Pro M for a while (before creating the account), and I remember people would give DC shit for talking about the "preventative" measures bodybuilders should take, and the whole "where are the bodies" argument would pop up. Then pros/former pros started dropping like flies, and now everybody's like "DUH, It's a dangerous sport".

Yea DC knows whats up, very smart man that everyone should listen too!

any idea what his family history looks like in terms of heart disease and other heart-related complications?

or his diet, for that matter?

No on family history.
He tried to be a national level BB for about 3 years and was taking large amounts of everything to try and overcome less than perfect genetics.
Based on what was found at the hospital I'd bet his cholesterol had been in the 3-500 range for years.
Mid 30s is young to have 4 almost complete blockages.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131