over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The hormone...Leptin

1bigmofo

Registered
i was just reading this article and was wondering ur guys’ thoughts on this. its a long article, so i only posted the articles main idea. Been reading a lot on the adrenals, a healthy gut and now this. Any thoughts would be appreciated...thanks.

But first, you need to understand one solitary hormone that can either make or break your weight-loss journey… In fact, if you don’t learn to control this hormone, you might as well forget about losing fat at all…it’s that big of a deal.

You see, the REAL underlying reason you’ve failed to lose weight in the past isn’t for lack of trying, you don’t have bad genetics, and there’s nothing physically wrong with you… the truth is that you failed simply because you didn’t know how to control your #1 weight-loss hormone… leptin.

Last edited:
I have read up on it, but how do you go about taking control of leptin?

I have read up on it, but how do you go about taking control of leptin?

Theoretically, do not make drastic reductions in food or drastic increases in aerobic exercise. Do not take many burners at the same time, in large quantities or for a long time.

In practice, if you want to compete/get in good condition, you have to do all of the above. I think leptin is overrated in the case of athletes without prevailing medical conditions.

Theoretically, do not make drastic reductions in food or drastic increases in aerobic exercise. Do not take many burners at the same time, in large quantities or for a long time.

In practice, if you want to compete/get in good condition, you have to do all of the above. I think leptin is overrated in the case of athletes without prevailing medical conditions.

more important for trying to turn a fat person into a skinny person. lol :)

I am. Trying to lose some pounds.
i’ve been reading more about it over the last few days. what im gathering is that its not something that really needs to be watched closely if ur looking to go from say 20% BF to 15% BF. it really needs to be managed and monitored closely if ur say obese and trying to loose signifigant fat which has caused health problems ie, diabetes, CAD, heart disease etc...thats what i have gathered.

This is what I took from it a long time ago when reading Lyle's stuff. If you are starting off at a higher BF....you don't have anything to worry about until you start to get very lean.

As Leptin levels decrease...it slows weight loss as your body is trying to fight it and stay where it's at. (Homeostasis). So it starts affecting Thyroid, metabolism, etc.

One of the things he mentioned was getting a baseline for body temp every morning...and when you see a decline in that for a few days in a row...you simply add in a reefed.

Nothing new about this as people have been doing it for years without it being labeled. If your above 15%....you really don't need reefed or cheat meals to keep steadily losing. Once you get to around 12% or lower depending on your body and as you start to stall...you add a reefed in about every two weeks. As you get leaner...you find that you actually need to start having more frequent refeeds to keep your progress going.

Basically trying to trick your body into thinking that you aren't dieting anymore.

This is what I took from it a long time ago when reading Lyle's stuff. If you are starting off at a higher BF....you don't have anything to worry about until you start to get very lean.

As Leptin levels decrease...it slows weight loss as your body is trying to fight it and stay where it's at. (Homeostasis). So it starts affecting Thyroid, metabolism, etc.

One of the things he mentioned was getting a baseline for body temp every morning...and when you see a decline in that for a few days in a row...you simply add in a reefed.

Nothing new about this as people have been doing it for years without it being labeled. If your above 15%....you really don't need reefed or cheat meals to keep steadily losing. Once you get to around 12% or lower depending on your body and as you start to stall...you add a reefed in about every two weeks. As you get leaner...you find that you actually need to start having more frequent refeeds to keep your progress going.

Basically trying to trick your body into thinking that you aren't dieting anymore.

yeah if trying to loose 50-100lbs this is important. the stalling but also you need to create a new set point at the lower weight. this is why its so easy for ppl who loose a lotta weight to blow up again...

gotta get super small then maintain that, with the refeeds etc.

par dues write about this back in like 2003, not sure if any new info has come out

basically, you diet you get lean leptin drops and it makes your metabolism drop

you need to bump back up leptin/metabolism, so you refeed

eating all those carbs speeds your metabolism back up, then it gradually drops again so your not burning fat, so you again refeed to give it a boost

diet
refeed
diet
refeed
diet

repeat, the leaner you are, the more often you need to refeed, nothing new

i guess the question is, does anyone actually know how can determine is the perfect time to refeed? and are they still saying we should do it with sugar and minimal fat? meaning my pizza-hut cheat meals are not working :(

i guess ideally you would refeed with all dextrose or malto, or atleast sugar candies with no fat, but that kinda takes the fun out of a refeed

thoughts?

par dues write about this back in like 2003, not sure if any new info has come out

eating all those carbs speeds your metabolism back up, then it gradually drops again so your not burning fat, so you again refeed to give it a boost

diet
refeed
diet
refeed
diet

i guess the question is, does anyone actually know how can determine is the perfect time to refeed? and are they still saying we should do it with sugar and minimal fat? meaning my pizza-hut cheat meals are not working :(

i guess ideally you would refeed with all dextrose or malto, or atleast sugar candies with no fat, but that kinda takes the fun out of a refeed

thoughts?

I do not think refeeds are as necessary as many people believe.

If you follow your diet plan, exercises and farburners supplements-drugs, you will continue to burn fat even if your leptin levels fall.

The funny refeeds are different from the effective refeeds. Learn to distinguish them. The reasoning behind the first is pleasure, hedonism, while with the second you are looking for an impulse to take your physical to the next level.

When would you need to refeed? Your brain will give you messages continuously, but you should use the mirror and the photos to know if your body will benefit or be harmed by those refeed.

My nephew lost 90 pounds in 5 months eating one meal a day. 250g of chicken breast plus half avocado. No re-feed days.

He also walked one hour every day.

diet

refeed

diet

refeed

diet

thoughts?

Would be a perfect question for skip to answer...

diet
refeed
diet
refeed
diet

thoughts?
My refeeds are basically the same macros that I'm already eating....but more of them. It may be an additional meal that day on top of my usual meals.

I found that doing something like that last year for two days during the week spaced 3 days apart kept me losing consistently with no stalling.

I won't lie....about once every 6 weeks or so I would have one meal that was really bad such as Pizza or Mexican....but I would drop the water I picked up from that in 1-2 days.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

DNP negates all of this :eek:
I've never had issues getting lean....although I've never tried to get "contest condition lean". Lowest I've been and held was about 8%.

I can hold that easily....but at my height I get Napoleon syndrome and feel like you can't tell I lift weights at all unless my shirt is off.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

In my experience, at higher body fat levels, refeeds are not necessary simply due to the fact that the body is not thinking it's "starving" as there is plenty of body fat left for survival. The leaner one gets, the more they benefit from more frequent refeeds. Your body will deplete glycogen much faster when you're extremely lean. Likewise, it will utilize carbs at a more rapid pace. Leptin can become an issue for many at this stage of the diet, and periodic refeeding--namely coming from carbohydrates--can help upregulate leptin, which will have several benefits: higher energy levels and better performance, increased fullness, a slight thermogenic effect, and increased hunger (this is a good thing if you can control your feeding properly).

Most of this is anecdotal, but there are studies backing it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
RES15NMV
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws