over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Lats

Tough Old Man

Kilo Klub Member
Is there such a thing. I thought Rows worked the lower part of the Lats. Not sure what happened today. Monday I worked Bent over rows as heavy as I could go for 3 sets of 6 and 1 set of 10.

Today I worked T-Bar rows using a narrow V-Handle, 3 sets of 20 and the upper part of my lats are sore on both sides. What's going on as my lats are never sore after rows and only a little after Pull-ups or Pulldowns. Why are my upper lats sore. Is from the higher reps and why the upper and not the lower part.

Hope I worded this shit right.

Is there such a thing. I thought Rows worked the lower part of the Lats. Not sure what happened today. Monday I worked Bent over rows as heavy as I could go for 3 sets of 6 and 1 set of 10.

Today I worked T-Bar rows using a narrow V-Handle, 3 sets of 20 and the upper part of my lats are sore on both sides. What's going on as my lats are never sore after rows and only a little after Pull-ups or Pulldowns. Why are my upper lats sore. Is from the higher reps and why the upper and not the lower part.

Hope I worded this shit right.

It all really depends, if you have form that's strict enough with those exercises you should be able to engage your lats entirely and even get that middle back involved.

But your lats should definitely be sore after all of those.

When you say "as heavy as you could" is it possible you sacrificed some form in the process? When people see what i look like in the gym theyre expecting to see alot more weight moved than i actually do... I could infact go WAYYY heavier than i do... But form is the most important thing to me... i stay light, move slow, and make sure my muscles are getting the most out of the movement that they can.. Hell anyone can throw on a few extra plates and pull that bar up and down in a row movement, but at what cost? IMO form is greater than weight any day of the week.

When you say "as heavy as you could" is it possible you sacrificed some form in the process? When people see what i look like in the gym theyre expecting to see alot more weight moved than i actually do... I could infact go WAYYY heavier than i do... But form is the most important thing to me... i stay light, move slow, and make sure my muscles are getting the most out of the movement that they can.. Hell anyone can throw on a few extra plates and pull that bar up and down in a row movement, but at what cost? IMO form is greater than weight any day of the week.
I used the same form on both. Remember two different exercises with different grips. 1) Bent rows using a overhand little more then shoulder width grip. 2) T-bar rows using the narrow v-grip. When I said heavy, I meant as heavy as I could go for 6 reps while maintaining good form. I'm to freaking old to go heavier with sloppy form as then I would just be looking for an injury or two.

Like i said maybe it was the difference in reps. Never done rows with 20 reps. I just though rows worked the lower part of your lats plus you back. The soreness was in the upper part of the lat directly under the arm pit....

Maybe someone can answer this....If rows work the upper part of the lat, then why do we need pullups or pull downs for width. I see Dante's workout using exercises for back thickness and back width.

In my case wouldn't double the amount rows better serve me for both back thickness and back width then 1/2 pullups and 1/2 rows

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear