YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The main thing i have learned from promuscle!

lucian

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Bodybuilding is NOT life! When i got here in 2005 i thought ok,here i will find the key! the key to being huge, ripped, strong as an ox, everything i wanted in life. and then....one by one i met all of you. well on here.some i have met in person. i guess it has to do with age. at 29 bbing was all that mattered to me.at 34 now....way different.

Phil, Iabadman, Maldorf, BigA, Kiwi, Jethro, and so many more have made me see, Life is about relationships, paying things forward, Helping others when you can, and basically, trying to get a balance of all things in life!

So young whipper snappers.....bbing will end for you sooner or later. Then life will begin! Bbing will then just be a PART of your life. Not your Whole life!

ok so im off to the gym, for something i consider my hobby....hit the wts hard and have some fun.

Lucian

so you did find the KEY!..lol..

Those are wise words...and sometimes the hardest to learn.

I plan to die at 125 years old with a dumbbell in my hand and 20" arms.

Lucian

Great post man!!! On a side note.......I worry about concreteguys training.....he is going to hurt himself.....in the future I can see him keep putting on the weight and just training through the pain. He will go home at night and be fucking paralyzed. There are times his knees will hurt so bad his wife has to help me up off the sofa.
. There will bee times when his shoulders will kill him after training them.
He will just go to a modified type of FST7, just do multiple sets in a row and get a sick mega pump going...WATCH.........thats my prediction

I couldn't agree more...I've learned more from this board then I have anywhere else!

good post Lucian

…if you learned this at age 34 you have done very well. I think I was more like 44 LOL ;)

I do remember taking my family on vacation years ago, kids in tow, and the first thing I would do would be to find the nearest gym so I would not miss a workout on our vacation. I look back on that now and it was pathetic, really. These days, I kick back, enjoy my wife's company, have a cold beer, and smoke a Cuban cigarette on vacation. The gym will still be there when I get home.

Life is rich. Don't miss out.

What I learned

There's a lot more guys stronger than I am than I thought. So when my wife complains that she can see a vein in my thigh, I can tell her everyone has them. What board does she follow? FASB: Financial Accounting Standards Board. But they can't squat to save their income statements.

On a serious note I learned the balance lesson about 10 years ago when I was training for Ironman Triathlons. I was a bundle of over tired, grumpy, over use injury riddled narcissist. Now my biceps are bigger and I'm well rested.

Last edited:
Great Post Lucian. You are a very well repsected member as well. We all, learn from each other: good or bad.

AHHH Life after body building!! Well as that sounds rather finalistic, it does not have to be. Phil has learned this, bring the balance back into things. In this world we share you can have your cake and eat it too! Learn to embrace the things in life that matter most and guys I have news for each and everyone of you........IT AINT BODY BUILDING!! What matters most is happiness and health. If you are truely happy you are usually healthy!! The balance to be had here is to build body building into something managable, not all consuming. It is about fitting body building into your life, not the other way around. Once you can do this your mind will open up to new ways of doing things, less stress about the silly shit.....like how much you can bench etc!!! Put the emphasis on enjoyment rather than punishment. Then you will have fulfillment! For me it was taking from body building what I learned and applying this to helping others that are physically less fortunate than ourselves. As Lucian calls it......paying it forward. This is so very true. I no longer stress about how much I lift, as long as I can lift, how many workouts I miss, as long as I can workout, and eating every two hours, as long as I can eat. Balance guys, it aint that hard!!!

Lucian..check your pms bro.

Awsome post brother, and I have learned the same thing. so true

Your best post ever, Lucian! :p;)

It took me a long-assed time to learn that too, Lucian!

Bodybuilding is NOT life! When i got here in 2005 i thought ok,here i will find the key! the key to being huge, ripped, strong as an ox, everything i wanted in life. and then....one by one i met all of you. well on here.some i have met in person. i guess it has to do with age. at 29 bbing was all that mattered to me.at 34 now....way different.

Phil, Iabadman, Maldorf, BigA, Kiwi, Jethro, and so many more have made me see, Life is about relationships, paying things forward, Helping others when you can, and basically, trying to get a balance of all things in life!

So young whipper snappers.....bbing will end for you sooner or later. Then life will begin! Bbing will then just be a PART of your life. Not your Whole life!

ok so im off to the gym, for something i consider my hobby....hit the wts hard and have some fun.

Lucian

Great post. You are right. Lift weights and look good, but there are many other things in life that are far more important.

some of the young ones have to remember that training takes a hour 4 days a week.. then all that is left is the eating.. no time at all really.. yeah.. i love this game.. we would not be hear if we did not.. but, life is family and relationships.. lifting is a big part of who we are .. nothing wrong with that.. but the key word is "part".. good post..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131