over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Mexican Rocky!

maldorf

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Beats Joshua and wins many belts! I didn't even hear about his until today. Happened a couple of days ago. Huge win! Looks like Joshua wont be fighting Wilder any time soon! Reminds me of Tyson getting beat by Buster Douglas. The big story is how out of shape the winner is, but he packs a mean punch and has a chin of steel!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ4P1ySqbLg"]HIGHLIGHTS | Anthony Joshua vs. Andy Ruiz Jr. - YouTube[/ame]

Definitely one of the bigger upsets in boxing history.

I still expect Joshua vs. Wilder down the line despite the loss - people love superfights with stars. Pacquiao had losses and still drew huge against Mayweather, McGregor drew huge after his losses, etc.

Beats Joshua and wins many belts! I didn't even hear about his until today. Happened a couple of days ago. Huge win! Looks like Joshua wont be fighting Wilder any time soon! Reminds me of Tyson getting beat by Buster Douglas. The big story is how out of shape the winner is, but he packs a mean punch and has a chin of steel!

HIGHLIGHTS | Anthony Joshua vs. Andy Ruiz Jr. - YouTube

Ruiz might be the Mexican Rocky, but he looks more like the Mexican version of Butterbean.

Definitely one of the bigger upsets in boxing history.

I still expect Joshua vs. Wilder down the line despite the loss - people love superfights with stars. Pacquiao had losses and still drew huge against Mayweather, McGregor drew huge after his losses, etc.

If Wilder is smart, he will get a fight with the new champ fast. Maybe he can unite all of the belts again. I think Tyson had them all, id like to see that again. Wouldn't a victor between Wilder and Ruiz unite all of the big belts?

Ruiz might be the Mexican Rocky, but he looks more like the Mexican version of Butterbean.

Well, its not bodybuilding! It is boxing. Doesn't matter at all what he looks like, but rather how well he can fight.

If Wilder is smart, he will get a fight with the new champ fast. Maybe he can unite all of the belts again. I think Tyson had them all, id like to see that again. Wouldn't a victor between Wilder and Ruiz unite all of the big belts?

Not sure, there are so many belts these days. It's part of why boxing is at the level it's at.

Yes it would. I think it's 5 belts in total and Ruiz has 4 and Wilder has the remaining one.

I was going to post this last night... That’s fighting, not sure why it’s an upset when the better man won, is Joshua a great fighter? Yes, but that Ruiz can fight and hit HARD.. Joshua didn’t even know where he was after that, you see him stumbling around with a deer in the headlights look on his face...

And I agree with the above, Joshua can still get a super fight with Wilder or Fury, and yes if Ruiz beats Wilder or vise versa all the belts get unified.. I think he either gets the rematch or a super fight with either Wilder or Fury...

Yes it would. I think it's 5 belts in total and Ruiz has 4 and Wilder has the remaining one.

I think Ruiz could beat Wilder. Wouldn't that be something! A relative unknown holding all 5 belts. The only thing Ruiz is giving up when fighting Wilder is the element of surprise. I bet Joshua didn't go into that fight with a lot of respect for Ruiz. Maybe he didn't train as hard as he could etc. Wilder is going to have more respect for him probably. Id love to see the fight.

Ruiz's secret weapon, a snickers bar before every match!

" now the flabby 6-foot-2, 268-pound Ruiz, who looks anything like a fighter and eats a Snickers bar before every fight, has a claim on boxing's biggest prize after he dethroned its biggest star this side of Canelo Alvarez.
"This is for all of Mexico. Mexico has its first heavyweight champion of the world, and we made history," Manny Robles, Ruiz's trainer, said."

Ruiz Jr. stuns Joshua in 7th for heavyweight titles

Bet he will get a sweet deal for a lot of dough promoting snickers. There should be an awesome ad coming soon.

Close, it’s 6 total. Ruiz took the WBA, WBO and IBF from Joshua and he was already the IBO champ but the IBO and WBU aren’t considered as prestigious for whatever reason if I understand correctly..

Wilder is the WBC champ.. So if they fought the winner would actually hold 5 titles total...

The Snickers bar before every fight is hilarious. But it's good to see that boxers don't necessarily have to look like athletes and eat clean diets to actually be athletes. It's boxing, not a beauty pageant like bodybuilding.

I think Ruiz could beat Wilder. Wouldn't that be something! A relative unknown holding all 5 belts. The only thing Ruiz is giving up when fighting Wilder is the element of surprise. I bet Joshua didn't go into that fight with a lot of respect for Ruiz. Maybe he didn't train as hard as he could etc. Wilder is going to have more respect for him probably. Id love to see the fight.

I think it would be amazing if Ruiz could take out Wilder but let’s not kid ourselves either, Wilder is the hardest hitting heavyweight since Tyson and one of the hardest hitters ever. He took out a guy 2 min into round 1 that it took Joshua 7 rounds to put away... He’s never lost his hunger either.. I don’t think he’ll make the mistakes Joshua made either, of he’s smart...

Buuuuuut in fighting, anything can happen..

I have only seen highlights but looks mean nothing. I don't know anything about Ruiz but he is probably just as boxing fit as Joshua. Joshua gasses out very easily and a big reason for that is the muscle he carries. He also goes down too easy for someone who wants to be the best heavyweight in the world. I haver never been a fan of Joshua. I would love to see Tyson Fury beat Ruiz and Wilder.

Ruiz post fight interview

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0r0noD9UR0"]Andy Ruiz FULL POST FIGHT PRESS CONFERENCE vs. Anthony Joshua - YouTube[/ame]

More of the same domination here in this fight

Very similar fight to Joshua. This opponent is really tall too. Ruiz dominates and the fight is stopped after 5 rds.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q44s1ov3rQ0"]Ruiz Jr vs Dimitrenko FULL FIGHT: April 20, 2019 - PBC on FOX - YouTube[/ame]

I can tell you this.....the next guy to fight Ruiz for his belts is not going to stand and trade punches with him. Not if he has any sense in his head. A smart opponent will use footwork, head movement, and counterpunching to wear Ruiz out, then try to knock him out in the later rounds, or win by decision.

I can tell you this.....the next guy to fight Ruiz for his belts is not going to stand and trade punches with him. Not if he has any sense in his head. A smart opponent will use footwork, head movement, and counterpunching to wear Ruiz out, then try to knock him out in the later rounds, or win by decision.

True, but in the fights Ive watched against Ruiz his opponents seem unable to change their tactics to win. Joshua knew by that 3rd round that he couldn't trade punches with him and yet he still lost. Its not like it was one lucky punch. Joshua was down on the mat at least 4 or 5 times, I lost count. He knew early on to change his tactics but was unable to win. The 3rd round where Joshua almost got knocked out sent him and his corner a message. I don't think they ignored that.

His record:

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/489762

Last edited:
Ruiz was the underdog...a shame the media isn't giving him the credit he deserves 30+ wins as a pro, only 1 decision loss....isn't shabby by any means...I hope he is able to beat Joshua in their rematch and we can finally have a unified champ/champ fight following

Ruiz was the underdog...a shame the media isn't giving him the credit he deserves 30+ wins as a pro, only 1 decision loss....isn't shabby by any means...I hope he is able to beat Joshua in their rematch and we can finally have a unified champ/champ fight following

Yes, I heard them say a rematch was coming. So that is Ruiz's very next bout, Joshua again?

I think that should be a good fight for sure. I don't think it will go any different though and I would pick Ruiz again. This last fight really wasnt that close. Joshua was down on the canvas multiple times and was done at the end, so much so that he looked to his corner and never came back out to fight. I hope to see him fight Wilder then.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity