advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The more you bulk the more muscle you lose?

syntherolman

Registered
Why is it that the more fat weight you gain in the offseason the more muscle you lose when you diet down? Is there really any point in bulking up? Seems like its counter productive unless it's pure muscle...

Bc you are only packing on fat weight and not true LBM! If you kept a sensible diet and make slow gains in off season and keep your bodyfat lower you will notice a big difference when you diet down and will not be loosing Muscle weight if your diet and training is on point.

Why is it that the more fat weight you gain in the offseason the more muscle you lose when you diet down? Is there really any point in bulking up? Seems like its counter productive unless it's pure muscle...

I have no clue what u talking about.u are doing something wrong.when I bulk in off season and then diet down for a show I always have more muscle size

You must be dreamer bulking(Dirty)

If you do a clean bulk then you gain lbm

For most guys, "bulking" means indiscriminately consuming everything is sight for 6 months, getting fat as fuck, and fooling themselves into thinking that just because they're lifting more weight, they've added muscle. When, in reality, their big fat ass simply has better leverage.

For most guys, "bulking" means indiscriminately consuming everything is sight for 6 months, getting fat as fuck, and fooling themselves into thinking that just because they're lifting more weight, they've added muscle. When, in reality, their big fat ass simply has better leverage.
That's it!

yea? so you think pro bodybuilders are fooling themselves ?

I realized muscle gain from this last partially dirty bulk. However, I realized how much fat I truly had when I dieted down. I was extremely suprised.

Try to put it on in a slower fashion if you want true LBM.

That's the trap you fall into when you go by the scale and how much you can lift.

That's all subjective........ to body type and timing. There are times when high fat is needed for growth. Anyone feel free to correct me if they feel im wrong.... but. You need to take your body through cycles. What we don't want is homeostasis. The pros know the macros and when to change much better than I.

But they are necessary if your goal is to be huge. You wont always have a 6 pack if you are set on becoming huge. The body doesn't just say...... OH yeah.... this guy only wants LBM..... lets give it to him. Hes been pretty cool. Fuck the rest of the population...... We will give this guy shit that NO ONE else has.

yea? so you think pro bodybuilders are fooling themselves ?

I've only seen one or two pros that really get fat. Usually, they get watery as hell. Additionally, I said MOST body builders...NOT the genetically elite. They don't bow to the biochemical & physiological laws that rule the majority of us.

I was referring tho the other 97%.

There are too many guys that just get fat unless they're dieting. These are the guys that look the same, or worse, every year. I know you've seen them.

Those guys are deluding themselves, yes.

There is, in my mind, a huge difference between 20lbs of reasonable offseason chub and looking like they raid a Krispy Kreme every night.

Last edited:
I put on ten lbs last offseason and was able to grow another five into contest shape. Stay lean it pays off

The best gains I have made was this year and it was from high reps to failure with painful pumps and over eating clean and taking fat burns till I felt like I was speeding my ass off. I was never over eight pounds stage weight.

CG

I have no clue what u talking about.u are doing something wrong.when I bulk in off season and then diet down for a show I always have more muscle size

Same here and I put on more fat than I wanted to last summer. If you keep your protein high and take enough gear while cutting you won't lose much if any muscle.

I don't believe in bulking/ cutting all this other b.s...

Its all about drugs plain and simple. feed the muscle what it needs then slam mega doses and youll grow.

I don't believe in bulking/ cutting all this other b.s...

Its all about drugs plain and simple. feed the muscle what it needs then slam mega doses and youll grow.

Then eat what you want on top of it. Your body wants calories to grow, that'll be the day when I eat egg whites and sweet potatoes when bulking.

Never went more than 15lbs over stage wt this year and right now I have never looked better

DIET is KING before everything. so I agree with posts above. if you are eating right you should be golden

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws