over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

THE MOST OPTIMAL TIME TO TAKE CREATINE MONOHYDRATE

CYNDER_BLOCK

Banned
What say the hive in regards to what has been found to be the most effective time to take creatine monohydrate.

Also, how much are you guys taking (5g, 10g, 20g??) and how many times a day are you taking that dose?

10 grams twice a day. One serving with breakfast and one pre or intra-workout.

I don't think there is an optimal time to take it, i just take it when convenient.

Too lazy to dig up the studies but post workout is the optimal time to take it

5 grams in the morning to get it in my cells. Preworkout nighttime 10g 3 hours later post workout 10g. make sure you fully dissolve in warm water or you'll piss it out. Creatine half life is 3 hours.

It only takes 3-5 grams per day to fill the stores in your body. Best time to take it is with an insulin spike, so with carbs.

5 grams post workout is all you need bro. Take with high GI carbs

It doesn't matter when you take it. You build levels in the muscles over time so just take it daily when convenient to keep stores replenished.

I take it on wo days only. Heaping tsp pre intra and post wo. That's approx 15-20g of creatine. Suggest going with the creapure brand.

sucks up like a sponge when taken right after your workout with high glycemic carbs, even better wit slin

Once you're saturated it only takes 5g or so a day, and take it whenever you want with some simple sugars. No need for all the excess.

5 grams in the morning to get it in my cells. Preworkout nighttime 10g 3 hours later post workout 10g. make sure you fully dissolve in warm water or you'll piss it out. Creatine half life is 3 hours.

lol what? are you being serious man.

yes intense bad mg to gram math my bad

2.5 grams morning then 5g preworkot night 5g post. And back in the day I used to take it with insulin after workouts. just make sure you got a simple sugar drink to drink with it.

Wow, never knew creatine could be so complicated lol. You guys realize it doesn't matter when you take it. You saturate cells then keep them replenished. There's no magic timing and you don't need much more then 5g.

All that hocus-pocus about creatine was spread by supplement companies to sell a cheap substance at a high price and make you take tons of it to keep their pockets full.

best to take with slin and or with high GI carbs post work out. would make since while on slin and using intra wk out drink method.
that is when uptake might be BEST but pretty sure it works no matter when long as you take it consistently
-F2S

Last edited:
With carbs:
Green, A. L., Simpson, E. J., Littlewood, J. J., Macdonald, I. A., & Greenhaff, P. L. (1996). Carbohydrate ingestion augments creatine retention during creatine feeding in humans. Acta Physiol Scand, 158, 195-202.

Insulin increases creatine uptake:
Haugland, R. B., & Chang, D. T. (1975). Insulin effect on creatine transport in skelatal muscle. Proc.Soc Exp.Biol Med, 148, 1-4.
Steenge, G. R., Lambourne, J., Casey, A., Macdonald, I. A., & Greenhaff, P. L. (1998). Stimulatory effect of insulin on creatine accumulation in human skeletal muscle. Am. J. Physiol.-Endocrinol. Metab., 38(6), E974-E979.

With alpha lipoic acid:
Burke, D. G., Chilibeck, P. D., Parise, G., Tarnopolsky, M. A., & Candow, D. G. (2003). Effect of alpha-lipoic acid combined with creatine monohydrate on human skeletal muscle creatine and phosphagen concentration. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, 13(3), 294-302.

When you want greater glycogen levels:
Green, A. L., Sewell, D. A., Simpson, L., Hultman, E., Macdonald, I. A., & Greenhaff, P. L. (1996). Creatine ingestion augments muscle creatine uptake and glycogen synthesis during carbohydrate feeding in man. J.Physiol.Lond., 491, 63P-64P.

Muscle contraction (exercise) increases creatine uptake:
Harris, R. C., Söderlund, K., & Hultman, E. (1992). Elevation of creatine in resting and exercised muscle of normal subjects by creatine supplementation. Clin. Sci.(Colch). 83, 367-374.

-S

Perfect homunculus! Take a bow thats everything you need to know about how to run it

I probably don't take it at the most optimal time but i just put 5g in with my PRE WO drink.

Just easier this way.

Don't forget your HMB too.

you are going to get different opinions on this. Some people will say preworkout, some postworkout and others will say timing doesnt matter much. Much of the recent studies suggest post workout would be the best time but im not sure how much it matters

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131