over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Mountain Dog diet - guiding principles

Hi John,

My question is regarding carb timing. I'm switching to eating carbs only pre and post workout. Pre workout meal is about 1 hr before -- is this tool early? Should I eat closer to training? I never really have any problems as long as I get 15-20 min before training. I'm also planning on adding a hefty dose of GDAs just before the pre-workout meal.

I'm currently at 250gm per day. Using sweet potato, rice, banana and main sources. Would you suggest 125 pre and 125 post or some other breakdown?

6 ft, 192lb, aprox 14% bf. Eating 5 or 6 meal. Total calories around 3,400 kcal, 320gm pro and 135gm fat.

this diet seems great, havent had a ton of time to really dive into it and set up anything but one thing and a big point at this very momeny especially for grass fed beef and all californians is DROUGHT!!

it was in the LA times about Marin Sun Farms, who really were one of the pioneers of grass fed beaf is now saying due to the drought we are going thru they will be forced to feed some of their cattle with grain this year...and supplement them due to not enough grass, so the prices very well might just skyrocket, does it mean every farm might have to supplement? well no it doesnt, yet it seems as though a lot might have to this season...

just some food for thought for JM and the peeps, but i do wonder IF they r supplemented, how much, IF any, is ok to eat grain wise in beef?

link if i may?

Another drought victim -- grass-fed beef - latimes.com

Great write up. Ive been using these methods and Im impressed thus far. John is the man!!

I tried Ben pakulski's diet and looked terrible. No carbs in the morning and no carbs pre workout just leaves me flat and tired. And his method of having carbs before bed makes no sense unless you train late. I think his method works well with natural guys but when your on gear and have sky hgh levels all day from peptides and gh your body needs carbs but it's all about the timing which is why I like John's method better.

Last edited:
Reading this post from 7 years ago and laughing about how the rest of the fitness world has just started coming around to this way of thinking.

Just found out John will be coming to do training and a seminar at my local gym early December. Can't wait - ready to be filled with a wealth of knowledge!

Thanks. Wow, I have a lot to learn about nutrition. Just when I think I know enough to get me lean and big and beautiful, I discover that there is much more to learn.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131