over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Mountain Dog diet - guiding principles

what changes have you noticed?

and what changes did you implement?

thank you MD for this thread!!!
#1 is hardness, i have never been this hard in my life, and my vascularity is at an all time high, i have never had very vascular legs but now they look like freakin road maps, especially when worked out and after cardio, so much that its hard to even see my muscle..LOL and im the leanest ive been and all these changes have taken place since the bluegrass, so i have had about going on 3 weeks with john and im an at all time best for me and excited as hell to get to florida and mix it up with the best bodybuilders in the nation... O YEA!

changes i implemented was just switching to johns diet, whole organic eggs cooked in coconut oil, grass fed beef, and organic butter. carb days are simple yet effective (which i never took glucose disposal agents with my carb meals till now). everything is just really falling in place, my only regret was not getting with john earlier, but if i can do the arnold amature this year, watch the fuck out!!

John, I am curious what you think of Ikura(salmon roe from wild caught salmon) in terms of content?

Number one - it's expensive. I went to whole foods to get some for my babies. It is full of Omega 3 and Vitamin D, and it I figured it would help my little guys dexterity picking up the eggs...well long story short, they didn't have any. To this day I have still not tried it, but if you have the money - go for it!

JM

John, is 'cage free organic eggs' the same as 'free range organic eggs'?

Thanks so much for this thread.

I am doing the best I can over here in the land of the rising sun.
I have started eating Omega-3 eggs everyday and the most immediate change I have noticed is that I never feel ill after eating them, which I would sometimes after eating "regular" eggs.
This has to mean my body approves.
:D

John, is 'cage free organic eggs' the same as 'free range organic eggs'?

Nope - they can be cage free but still be in one of those barns with 1000's of other hens with their beaks cut off,etc. Just like the term organic - you have to be so careful with being mislead. Also, they can say free range, but not ever see the outside - they only have to provide access (could be one little tiny door) to say that...

This is why I just say to hell with it, and I found eggs from a farmer that I know leaves them outside during the day. I cracked open 6 eggs yesterday and they were deep orange, and the yolks were very firm..that tells you alot about the nutrition of the hen.

If you can't get to a farm to buy in bulk, just try the cage free ones in the grocery, and as long as they have firm, brighly colored yolks you are good. Now it can change during the time of the year, but you'll know you have a bad source when the yolk and white are all nasty and disentegrate..

I have never tried the Organic Valley ones, but I bet they would be a good one...

JM

Thanks so much for this thread.

I am doing the best I can over here in the land of the rising sun.
I have started eating Omega-3 eggs everyday and the most immediate change I have noticed is that I never feel ill after eating them, which I would sometimes after eating "regular" eggs.
This has to mean my body approves.
:D

Salmonella is almost non existent in free range hens/eggs!!

JM

Number one - it's expensive. I went to whole foods to get some for my babies. It is full of Omega 3 and Vitamin D, and it I figured it would help my little guys dexterity picking up the eggs...well long story short, they didn't have any. To this day I have still not tried it, but if you have the money - go for it!

JM

Yeah, they are expensive but my 22 month old baby girl loves them(and so do I), so I get them from a very reputable sushi supplier, its like $55 for a kilogram.

John, did you by chance happen to live in Maryland like 10-15 years ago?

Yeah, they are expensive but my 22 month old baby girl loves them(and so do I), so I get them from a very reputable sushi supplier, its like $55 for a kilogram.

John, did you by chance happen to live in Maryland like 10-15 years ago?

No but in 1990, and 1997 I went on vacation in Ocean City for a week!!

JM

I am very happy to have JM helping me out for my next show in 7.5 months......Totally different workout scheme and diet than i have done ever so far.....Looking forward to seeing what happens this yr....Big time.......
120 lbs of grass fed beef in my freezer, chicken up my ying yang, butter, olive oils, cocnut oil....salmon i get fresh, im stocked and stoked......
Now im hungry.....My friggin arms are so pumped i can hardly type this...lol....arm day....brutal.....in a good way..

Last edited:
No but in 1990, and 1997 I went on vacation in Ocean City for a week!!

JM

Sorry, when I read your excerpt about Beverly International it rang a bell as possibly the person who did nutrition and training with one of my close friends that I grew up with back in Maryland. Ironically, during the summertime we rented a penthouse in Ocean City; I think 1985-1987. That place was a fricking blast; luckily I have lots of pictures as I was too drunk to remember much.

ha ha john im sitting here at work in pain from leg cramps, my hamstrings and teardrop are cramping like crazy! BRUTAL freakin workout bro, the leg presses were def. the hardest for me. Both my workouts partners new nicknames are (they are white guys actually they are greeks..LOL) B.O.B.1 and B.O.B.2 stands for bail on a brotha.. ha ha they both quit on me tonight when we got to the end with the stiff leg deads, they were wooped and quit on me and went and had a shake.. ha ha ha im still laughing ha ha ha.

I tend to prefer bison and elk to beef and happily both are raised on ranches locally. The price is similar to grass fed beef and if I am not mistaken are equally good in terms of omega 3/6 balance and generally less fatty. Bison Tenderloin is obscenely good.

The biggest challenge I have is chicken. Free Range chicken kills factory chickens for flavour but it's just unpossible to buy breasts by the box.

Thank you

John,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for spending the time putting this together and sharing it with us. It's a fantastic read and I have been following your posts very closely since you started posting on the FF thread.

Fantastic work and I've learned a lot from you, I'm in your debt.

ED

P.S I have a hard time sourcing Coconut oil here in the UK however I can get hold of unsweetened desicated coconut easily. Does it make a difference which one I use or do they both offer the same benifits?

MountainDog.. What are your thoughts on grass fed chicken.. How come you recommend the grass fed beef over the chicken?

"I highly recommend a book called “Muscle, Smoke and Mirrors” by Randy Roach."

I have that book. One of the best books ever written on not only bodybuilding, but the history of the supplement industry. It really is a lot of scamming going on with the FDA etc. I actually won that book free.

Nope - they can be cage free but still be in one of those barns with 1000's of other hens with their beaks cut off,etc. Just like the term organic - you have to be so careful with being mislead. Also, they can say free range, but not ever see the outside - they only have to provide access (could be one little tiny door) to say that...

This is why I just say to hell with it, and I found eggs from a farmer that I know leaves them outside during the day. I cracked open 6 eggs yesterday and they were deep orange, and the yolks were very firm..that tells you alot about the nutrition of the hen.

If you can't get to a farm to buy in bulk, just try the cage free ones in the grocery, and as long as they have firm, brighly colored yolks you are good. Now it can change during the time of the year, but you'll know you have a bad source when the yolk and white are all nasty and disentegrate..

I have never tried the Organic Valley ones, but I bet they would be a good one...

JM

Since switching to "Free Range Organic Eggs" I noticed the shells being much thicker and harder to crack! Any idea why this would be the case?

That's a hell of a write up there bro! Lots of great info! Thanks for taking the time to write it out and post it up!

MountainDog.. What are your thoughts on grass fed chicken.. How come you recommend the grass fed beef over the chicken?
Im obviously not John but i bet he tells you that the difference is in the animals stomachs. A bovine has a rumen and a chicken does not thus the difference in the fermentation process. I think he wants the chickens to be able to roam around and peck at some natural food sources but its not as strict as the cows.

Since switching to "Free Range Organic Eggs" I noticed the shells being much thicker and harder to crack! Any idea why this would be the case?
The shells are stronger because the free range eggs are getting better nutrients thus making them a stronger egg. I grew up in Kansas and we would have to go to western Kansas to go pheasant hunting. There were no pheasants in easter kansas. One report i read said this was because the pheasants were getting better nutrients out west thus their eggs were tougher and able to withstand nature better. The further east the pheasants went, the weaker their shells were thus not very many were able to make it.

John, whats your take on supplementing with aminos and liver tabs between meals ala Gironda and now Beverly international? Also also aminos before ,during, and after training ? I know Serano has some great products ......have you tried them yourself and on others? And what have you seen as far as results? I have my own opinions ,but I would like to hear yours first......

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131