over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Mountain Dog diet - guiding principles

Im noticing that when protein shakes are used in a Mountaindog Diet, that it seemingly is always a cfm isolate. I wonder if there would be any issues/reservations if Team Skip blend was used instead?

just finished my first run of 3 gallons of raw milk. keep good for just under 20 days. had one gallon that was a little strange taste but the other two were awesome. not sure what all is going on but I have been seeing a surge in strength.

Hey John, all I can seem to find in my area is raw goat milk. What are your thoughts on goat milk? As good as cow or worse?

Great Diet!!!! I absolutely agree that eating grass fed beef and free range eggs are the only way to go.
I wanted to add.....just to eliminate confusion about the eggs......
CAGE FREE is not the same as FREE RANGE.
CAGE FREE birds never get to see the light of day. They are crowded into barns, live in their own waste, are fed an unnatural diet, live an extremely stressful life, and never go outside.
FREE RANGE birds eat a natural diet and have access to the grass and sunshine outside of their barn. They are happy and treated humanely. Their eggs are much more nutritious because they are able to eat bugs outside. These eggs are higher in Omega 3.

Only 4% of all egg laying hens in the U.S. are FREE RANGE. You will probably have to shop at your local health food store to find FREE RANGE eggs. Supermarkets do not carry them.

Here's the brand I buy..... Vital Farms

Great Diet!!!! I absolutely agree that eating grass fed beef and free range eggs are the only way to go.
I wanted to add.....just to eliminate confusion about the eggs......
CAGE FREE is not the same as FREE RANGE.
CAGE FREE birds never get to see the light of day. They are crowded into barns, live in their own waste, are fed an unnatural diet, live an extremely stressful life, and never go outside.
FREE RANGE birds eat a natural diet and have access to the grass and sunshine outside of their barn. They are happy and treated humanely. Their eggs are much more nutritious because they are able to eat bugs outside. These eggs are higher in Omega 3.

Only 4% of all egg laying hens in the U.S. are FREE RANGE. You will probably have to shop at your local health food store to find FREE RANGE eggs. Supermarkets do not carry them.

Here's the brand I buy..... Vital Farms

When I first started looking into free range eggs, everything I read and videos I watched, made me think that the yolks from free range eggs should be more orange than traditional egg yolks.
Recently I've been buying free range eggs from famers markets (nyc) and I've also tried the brand you mentioned-purchased at whole foods. But I have not come across any of these "orange yolks" I've heard about from free range eggs.

So my question- does the color of the yolk mean anything?

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. The diet sounds like it would be cost prohibitive for me personally.

I believe I have a good question to ask. So if grass fed animals are the way to go (especially beef) then what about grass fed pork? Isn't the reason pork is so bad is because the pigs just eat a bunch of junk causing them to become so fat? So if they were fed a natural grass fed diet, would this make them a suitable meat to eat? I know pork is not part of any bodybuilders diet; but if the pork is grass fed is it still not a good meat to implement into our diets?

Pigs don't eat grass, they are omnivores. They root around the grass. That's how they find truffles and stuff. They lack the cow's type of digestion system.

Pigs don't eat grass, they are omnivores. They root around the grass. That's how they find truffles and stuff. They lack the cow's type of digestion system.

Oh yeah that makes sense. I was actually watching an episode of 'Dirty Jobs' a while back and it showed how pigs eat the leftovers from cafeterias and stuff, it was just a bunch of mush lol.

Oh well, pork tastes gooooooood :)

When I first started looking into free range eggs, everything I read and videos I watched, made me think that the yolks from free range eggs should be more orange than traditional egg yolks.
Recently I've been buying free range eggs from famers markets (nyc) and I've also tried the brand you mentioned-purchased at whole foods. But I have not come across any of these "orange yolks" I've heard about from free range eggs.

So my question- does the color of the yolk mean anything?

Yes, the deeper yellow/orange color comes from the yolk having more beta carotene in it. This comes from the free range chicken eating grass. But keep in mind that depending on the time of year and where the eggs are from, they may not have too much access to grass, especially during winter months. Sometimes they are just a normal yellow. I have found the "orange" yolks in eggs from Whole Foods, Traders Joe's and especially in the Farmers market eggs I get. But sometimes the same eggs are more of a normal yellow color. I eat hard boiled eggs every morning and the deeper the color of the yolk, the more rich the taste is.

Any thoughts or opinions on bull calfs vs. cow?

I'm considering ordering ground beef from Organic Pastures in CA.

In the process of asking the farm several questions, I was told the ground beef is made from "bull calves". Never really thought about it but, I suppose I always assumed it was cows.

Any thoughts or opinions on bull vs. cow?

I'm satisfied with how they are raised and they are not finished on grain, but the bull calf thing is throwing me for some reason.

I'm considering ordering ground beef from Organic Pastures in CA.

In the process of asking the farm several questions, I was told the ground beef is made from "bull calves". Never really thought about it but, I suppose I always assumed it was cows.

Any thoughts or opinions on bull vs. cow?

I'm satisfied with how they are raised and they are not finished on grain, but the bull calf thing is throwing me for some reason.

What about the bull calf thing is bothering you?

Just wondering if it's the same quality as cow and if it's what I'm looking for in terms of sticking with John's protocols. Just opinions

Maybe this is the standard ... I don't know, just always thought it was cows I guess

First just wanted to thank John for taking the time to post this and answer questions, truly appreciated. This article completely changed the way I view dieting in regard to bbing.

Two questions: What are your thoughts on Flax seeds or walnuts, both very high in omega 3s? Second, in areas of the country that have cold winters is it useless to buy grass fed beef from a local farmer? Assuming the cows will be kept inside and fed grain more often.

Inspired by this post some years back, I became an advocate and frequent purchaser of grass-fed beef. I now run a mobile food operation called Grass-Fed Grill - **broken link removed** that aspires to impart the love of grass-fed beef to the masses. Thanks, JM!

Inspired by this post some years back, I became an advocate and frequent purchaser of grass-fed beef. I now run a mobile food operation called Grass-Fed Grill - **broken link removed** that aspires to impart the love of grass-fed beef to the masses. Thanks, JM!

This is awesome!!!! Very cool!

JM

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner