over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Mountain Dog/John Meadows Way

Awesome read!!!

Wow

Since legs are a weak point for me (hopefully after this next offseason not anymore) I must say it was a great read that got me thinking..thanks for posting it and thanks John for expanding upon training ideas.

I knew sooner or later I'd read a good article on T-nation!!!! :D

My thighs need more work than any part of my body. I am really glad that I read this. I have been training with a pretty low volume routine lately but I think I'm going to change it up for legs for a while. Awesome article. Thank you.

Great article and a great read...I do believe I'll try that over the next several months and see where it takes me! Can't hurt!

Thank you guys. I appreciate the kind words. I would be happy to expand more on my training ideas if there is interest.

I am working on a sort of mini program now for nervous system recovery that is kind of a hybrid of Russian Volume and Louie Simmons combination of training that I think works awesome after a grueling 12 weeks on my program.

Plus, I do want to say that many many people do really well doing 12 weeks of MD training, rest up, then 12 weeks of DC training....and back and forth. Really keeps the body guessing....

Thanks again,
JM

Great article!

Thank you guys. I appreciate the kind words. I would be happy to expand more on my training ideas if there is interest.

I am working on a sort of mini program now for nervous system recovery that is kind of a hybrid of Russian Volume and Louie Simmons combination of training that I think works awesome after a grueling 12 weeks on my program.

Plus, I do want to say that many many people do really well doing 12 weeks of MD training, rest up, then 12 weeks of DC training....and back and forth. Really keeps the body guessing....

Thanks again,
JM
Yes I'm very intrested in you expanding your ideas. I do dc style training and like the idea of going back and forth.

In your style, how often do you push to failure?

I'd be interested in hearing more of your ideas on training as well..

Yes I'm very intrested in you expanding your ideas. I do dc style training and like the idea of going back and forth.

In your style, how often do you push to failure?

I've been using John's workouts for going on 18 weeks now. I love the intensity and the balls to the wall approach. I'm not joking or getting an ego with this but people will literally stop working out and watch me lift legs (not bc of the grunting either haha). My leg development has drastically improved since working with John and my side poses are much better now that I actually have some hamstrings that hang and decent seperation.

When I leave after legs I normally just put the seat back in my car, drink my PWO shake and wait for 10 or 15 minutes until I can actually move. I love the pain and torture brought on with his approach and I make it a mission to destroy my legs everytime I walk in the gym. God bless JM haha.

Also, the way John sets up his training routines, without giving any secrets away, I'm feeling better after 18 weeks of pounding away than I have been at any other point in time. My joints and tendons are all nice and quiet and aren't screaming "WTF" at me anymore. Definitely a way to lift heavy, hard, and long without dealing with major aches and pains (aside from that pain felt when pushing the slag around).

Thanks again,
JM

It is great stuff guys, 12 weeks of MD training will get those muscles responding!

I been with John for a while now and the best thing I;ve done. My training partners legs improvment is night and day from two shows that were about 5-6 months apart, thats how well his training works for some.

I highly recomend working with him.

:headbang: I like it and sounds like a good game plan. Thank you for sharing all your knowledge. The articles is a great read. Today is also leg day so I couldn't of read it on a better day.

Thank you again for what you do to help.

Great write up John. Thanks man.

I've been using John's workouts for going on 18 weeks now. I love the intensity and the balls to the wall approach. I'm not joking or getting an ego with this but people will literally stop working out and watch me lift legs (not bc of the grunting either haha). My leg development has drastically improved since working with John and my side poses are much better now that I actually have some hamstrings that hang and decent seperation.

When I leave after legs I normally just put the seat back in my car, drink my PWO shake and wait for 10 or 15 minutes until I can actually move. I love the pain and torture brought on with his approach and I make it a mission to destroy my legs everytime I walk in the gym. God bless JM haha.

Also, the way John sets up his training routines, without giving any secrets away, I'm feeling better after 18 weeks of pounding away than I have been at any other point in time. My joints and tendons are all nice and quiet and aren't screaming "WTF" at me anymore. Definitely a way to lift heavy, hard, and long without dealing with major aches and pains (aside from that pain felt when pushing the slag around).

I have to agree, the leg training has me laying on the gym floor for a good 15minutes before i can actually get up. Are you 18 week strong without any type of cruise or break from the gym? I noticed that i was able to workout with John's volume for a longer stretch of time than in the past when i did more lower volume routines. I would of thought it would of been the other way around..

Awesome article just wondering what frequency is recommended?

I have to agree, the leg training has me laying on the gym floor for a good 15minutes before i can actually get up. Are you 18 week strong without any type of cruise or break from the gym? I noticed that i was able to workout with John's volume for a longer stretch of time than in the past when i did more lower volume routines. I would of thought it would of been the other way around..

Right now, yes. I was going to cruise a week or two ago but I just take it easy once I get in the gym. However, I'm having septoplasty surgery in mid november and will be out of the gym for a week so thought I'd push until then. If I find I'm overtraining or not progressing btw now and then I'll go ahead and cruise...I just hate not lifting hard though haha.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity