over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The NBA thread

Biggerp73

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
Figured we needed one of these as well in addition to the NFL thread.

Technically I'm a Kings fan, but the Warriors are local and I love Steph, so I root for them too (though not as much when Durant was on the team - I didn't like Durant) and have been enjoying watching them get back to the finals this year.

I actually grew up a Supersonics fan because my sister lived in Seattle and when I would visit I would go to games. This was back when they had Vin Baker, Ray Allen, Rashad Lewis, etc.

But I moved to Sacramento and went to a Kings preseason game and enjoyed it, then spent some time in jail there and they watched the Kings games everyday on the TV and I started to really get into it. When I got out of jail I actually moved into a loft building downtown and while signing the lease DeMarcus Cousins came out of the elevator and stared at me. He ended up being my neighbor for about a year and a half. Would see him on occasion in the building but he was a bit of a jerk.

Lately I've been impressed with Draymond Green's podcast. If any of you haven't seen it, it's really interesting.

Lifelong Laker fan growing up in Southern CA. Don't get me started on us this year though. I'm a very realistic fan and have no problems admitting our front office is stupid as hell and Lebron's GM antics are tiring. We have 0 chance of being a competitive team for the next 5 years. Anthony Davis is made of glass and i'm over this team.

Luckily, i love the NBA in general. Love Steph and the Dubs. Love Jokic and Giannis.

Really enjoying these playoffs. Watching game 7 of Heat/Celts now and Jimmy Butler is just a beast. Completely willing his team to stay in this series.
Realistically, i want the Heat to win. But the Celtics are a more competitive matchup for the Warriors. If its Warriors vs Heat, I pick the Dubs in 5. If its Warrior vs Celtics, that will be a battttle.

Btw, wore a Jason Williams Kings jersey to the gym yesterday.

I'm rooting against golden state, like Curry but get sick of kerr loudy voicing his opinion on non NBA subjects but I won't go there.

This game 7 is good. I don't follow NBA as close as NFL but I find Zion Williamson interesting, will he force his way to a big market? Seems unhappy in new Orleans. Kid is talented but looks fat to me which I guess isn't a big deal except always injured and seems like not a hard worker.

NBA draft will be interesting they have holmgren I guess will be a top pick super skinny. I remember back in the day they let guys go right from high school to the NBA.

Lifelong Laker fan growing up in Southern CA. Don't get me started on us this year though. I'm a very realistic fan and have no problems admitting our front office is stupid as hell and Lebron's GM antics are tiring. We have 0 chance of being a competitive team for the next 5 years. Anthony Davis is made of glass and i'm over this team.

Luckily, i love the NBA in general. Love Steph and the Dubs. Love Jokic and Giannis.

Really enjoying these playoffs. Watching game 7 of Heat/Celts now and Jimmy Butler is just a beast. Completely willing his team to stay in this series.
Realistically, i want the Heat to win. But the Celtics are a more competitive matchup for the Warriors. If its Warriors vs Heat, I pick the Dubs in 5. If its Warrior vs Celtics, that will be a battttle.

Btw, wore a Jason Williams Kings jersey to the gym yesterday.
I can’t stand your Lakers since Lebron arrived but kudos on the jersey choice.

White chocolate was so fun to watch…. He was drafted right around the time I graduated HS. Probably around the downward slope of my NBA fandom (todays game, aside from the playoffs is hard to watch). The late 80’s to late 90’s for the nba were special. Hakeem Olajuwon was my fav player, also loved Shawn Kemp and GP w the sonics. That was a great time for basketball. To me, MJ will always be the goat.

Anyway, I still go to youtube every so often to watch Jason Williams highlights.

Dark day for us Heat fans.We need one more scorer along side Butler.
If Oladipo could get back to himself, that’d help. Herro being hurt was the nail in the coffin though. He’s terrible defensively but you needed his scoring.

Lowry is cooked (that’s a terrible contract for the Heat) and Bam picks and chooses when he wants to be aggressive. Heat fans should hold their heads high though, nobody does more w less. Spolstra is one hell of a coach and playoff Jimmy is unreal. That Celtics team is the real deal and will give Golden State all it can handle. You guys took them to seven and damn near pulled it off.

Great series

Lowry is straight garbage . Butler can’t do it all by him self. As a heat fan Im very dissapointed

Stopped caring about the NBA a long time ago, actually became disgusted by it not only by the player conduct but the actual product is terrible. It's pretty much a 3 point shooting contest with constant stoppage of play, everything is a foul. Instant replay has made it worse because of no more "make up" calls, which are pretty much essential with the way they call fouls in the nba considering especially considering the last two minutes of a close game are called absolutely nothing like the rest of the game is....even when I liked basketball I felt that was ridiculous, it's a different game entirely in the last two minutes. Last time I actually cared to watch the finals I remember the spurs losing a game 6, and the title, because a blatant makeup call was overturned due to replay....that was it for me I was done. I like the sport of basketball I like all sports and competition but the NBA is a broken hype machine, they don't even market the actually play and matchup anymore they only market the "hype" around it because they know that's all they have.

There is also the concept that none of these guys would piss on me if I was on fire, I keep up with all sports just because I'm a guy in passing and again I do like competition as a former college athlete but to be a grown man obsessed with other grown men is just silly to me now. I used to be a huge sports guy but it's just entertainment to me now and nothing worthy of any of my emotions.

But that being said I'm actually interested this year as I like both teams, not only because I don't have to constantly hear and see the self righteous narcissist hypocrite loser lebron being fawned over non stop but because the Celtics and Warriors play fundamental basketball, even with the 3's, and built their teams through the draft and scouting rather than just collecting disgruntled superstars. Hoping to see some good basketball but if the playoffs so far are any indication I won't hold my breath.....

If Oladipo could get back to himself, that’d help. Herro being hurt was the nail in the coffin though. He’s terrible defensively but you needed his scoring.

Lowry is cooked (that’s a terrible contract for the Heat) and Bam picks and chooses when he wants to be aggressive. Heat fans should hold their heads high though, nobody does more w less. Spolstra is one hell of a coach and playoff Jimmy is unreal. That Celtics team is the real deal and will give Golden State all it can handle. You guys took them to seven and damn near pulled it off.

Great series
Ive kinda accepted now that Oladipo's career as a #1 or #2 guy is done. And Herro is greaattt as a 6th man, but thats it.
I dont see him being any Klay Thompson like in his career. Hes much more of a Lou Williams type guy. Legit threat, but you cant depend on him to be THE GUY. Honestly, i give Miami props for playing above and beyond. Celtics were a better team but Jimmy willlled that team to win those last couple games.

Lowry needs to get his ass in shape. Dude has been 25+lbs overweight his entire career.
He needs to get in shape and this also was a "what type of guy are you" awakening for Bam. Jimmy needed another scorer and Bam couldnt deliver and was timid for game 5 and 6. Not a good look but a learning opportunity for him.

Heard this stat today - The Celtics are the only team in the NBA to have a winning record over the Warriors since Kerr took over as HC.
Impressive.

Stopped caring about the NBA a long time ago, actually became disgusted by it not only by the player conduct but the actual product is terrible. It's pretty much a 3 point shooting contest with constant stoppage of play, everything is a foul. Instant replay has made it worse because of no more "make up" calls, which are pretty much essential with the way they call fouls in the nba considering especially considering the last two minutes of a close game are called absolutely nothing like the rest of the game is....even when I liked basketball I felt that was ridiculous, it's a different game entirely in the last two minutes. Last time I actually cared to watch the finals I remember the spurs losing a game 6, and the title, because a blatant makeup call was overturned due to replay....that was it for me I was done. I like the sport of basketball I like all sports and competition but the NBA is a broken hype machine, they don't even market the actually play and matchup anymore they only market the "hype" around it because they know that's all they have.

There is also the concept that none of these guys would piss on me if I was on fire, I keep up with all sports just because I'm a guy in passing and again I do like competition as a former college athlete but to be a grown man obsessed with other grown men is just silly to me now. I used to be a huge sports guy but it's just entertainment to me now and nothing worthy of any of my emotions.

But that being said I'm actually interested this year as I like both teams, not only because I don't have to constantly hear and see the self righteous narcissist hypocrite loser lebron being fawned over non stop but because the Celtics and Warriors play fundamental basketball, even with the 3's, and built their teams through the draft and scouting rather than just collecting disgruntled superstars. Hoping to see some good basketball but if the playoffs so far are any indication I won't hold my breath.....
Pretty much agree with this. Sports is entertainment, drama. Watching sports reality TV is more entertaining than movies, stupid shit like the bachelor, worrying about politics and the news, it's just an escape or entertainment. If lebron was on fire I wouldn't piss him out anymore then I'd care to piss out a fire on johnny Depp or the rock ...and I'm sure they wouldn't piss me out. I don't wear jerseys or buy my teams gear and wouldn't pay 3 cents for babe Ruth's autograph if I couldn't resell it.

But at the same time for entertainment ( we live s life of luxury no real hardship) it's fun to kill time listening to sports talk driving around, seeing what player demands a trade, what coach will get fired, who your team will draft..that's not even counting the actual games lol .

Even the building of a new stadium is interesting. Overall love sports but I don't idolize these guys anymore then little tom cruise. Fantasy sports are also a fun way for us to satisfy our thirst for competition for those of us who don't play video games and don't want to play adult sports because a torn ACL isn't worth the risk of missing months of gym time, lol

Great series
Get rid of Duncan Robinson first. I'd package Lowery, Robinson and Herro for either LaVine or Donovan Mitchell. Sign Dipo and start Vincent at pg. Maybe Lillard wants out of Portland. Robinson got paid and has done nothing, Herro has potential but is a liability defensively. Riley has to go all out to compete with the Bucks and leprechauns in the East.

Lowry is straight garbage . Butler can’t do it all by him self. As a heat fan Im very dissapointed
Adebayo is so damn timid when facing bigs that defend. Dipo should be better next season, but Robinson, Redmond are trash.

Great series
Agree, if Adebayo would be more aggressive we should have beat the leprechauns.

Will the Celtics win another game???

May have just woken GS up, motivated them to not lose another game

Will the Celtics win another game???

May have just woken GS up, motivated them to not lose another game
Boston’s defense is too good. I don’t think they will win the series but they will get another game.

I'm rooting against golden state, like Curry but get sick of kerr loudy voicing his opinion on non NBA subjects but I won't go there.

This game 7 is good. I don't follow NBA as close as NFL but I find Zion Williamson interesting, will he force his way to a big market? Seems unhappy in new Orleans. Kid is talented but looks fat to me which I guess isn't a big deal except always injured and seems like not a hard worker.

NBA draft will be interesting they have holmgren I guess will be a top pick super skinny. I remember back in the day they let guys go right from high school to the NBA.
Zion is the preeminent star when it’s easy fat lazy injured fuck when it gets hard. Zion will be out of the NBA in less than a ten year career, playing garbage time on is last contract which will be the one after he goes to a big market and shits on himself there.

Keep this about the games and the series that is going on. Some of you guys can't wait to get on your soapbox for every thread and find away to pull it off topic! ENOUGH!!

I’d say he is but he needs to get mentally consistent. Unlike Tatum who’s there mentally but his game isn’t consistent, the two best players in this series are of course Steph bc even when he doesn’t score he affects the game and Smart is a scorer, distributor, defender, and the fighter for the Celts.

One of the worst trades in Nets history is this new GM who put together the Simmons for Harden trade. Some will say that Seth Curry was included but he hasnt lived up to anything in Brooklyn and Simmons is a travesty and making crazy dough.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear