over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The nerve of some PREP people!!!

The only thing i would like to say is that over the years ive worked with 3 different prep people. I learned something new and different with each one. Im a firm believer that i can only continue to learn more and more in this game.

And at this time im trying something totally different and getting pretty good results (for me). So how does one know when they've learned all that they could about their body.......especially since the body continues to change.

Well, I can honestly say that I really liked this person. Seemed very personable and helpful....

So I have another question...... If someone has done a show and was pretty much dialed in and they know what they did wrong and how to fix it.....WHY hire a prep person again? I have been told about the red tape and that your prep person can get your foot in the door for you. Is this the only reason? ....because otherwise, it makes absolutely NO sense to me!

i dont think being preped by any individual will get you placed higher in a show just because of their name....

a prep person can give you a lot of answers and save you a lot of trial and error that is time consuming..... another thing is most people are delusional, they think they nailed their condition but in reality were far from it.... new ideas about training and diet are always a benifit, also the body will continue to change, just because your diet worked for you once or twice dosent mean it will for ever...

i personally have never worked with anyone, the main reason is that i cant stand the thought of having to rely on someone else to get in shape, also i dont like having an easy way out if i dont look the way i want, you see a lot of people blaming thier placing in a certian show on their guru... i will gladly take all the blame for not showing up i shape,( i will also take the majority of credit for looking good)

one thing i do know is that the more you talk to others and the more ideas you get the better off you are in this game....

i dont think being preped by any individual will get you placed higher in a show just because of their name....

a prep person can give you a lot of answers and save you a lot of trial and error that is time consuming..... another thing is most people are delusional, they think they nailed their condition but in reality were far from it.... new ideas about training and diet are always a benifit, also the body will continue to change, just because your diet worked for you once or twice dosent mean it will for ever...

i personally have never worked with anyone, the main reason is that i cant stand the thought of having to rely on someone else to get in shape, also i dont like having an easy way out if i dont look the way i want, you see a lot of people blaming thier placing in a certian show on their guru... i will gladly take all the blame for not showing up i shape,( i will also take the majority of credit for looking good)

one thing i do know is that the more you talk to others and the more ideas you get the better off you are in this game....
KM, good post and good points. It would be too easy to point a finger at so and so and say they didn't get me in good enough condition. I understand that prep people have their place and some need them.But if you trial and error you will work it out!! It is all about learning what works for you.

As usual great posts by both KM and Oldfella......

My best friend does my prep and all three shows that I have done we have done taken three completely different approaches each time......We work well together and pretty much think exactly alike but I like not having to think alot when I prep and just do the things I need to do to get ready especially the last couple of weeks where I would second guess myself to death and end up screwing something up....

KM, good post and good points. It would be too easy to point a finger at so and so and say they didn't get me in good enough condition. I understand that prep people have their place and some need them.But if you trial and error you will work it out!! It is all about learning what works for you.

i agree man, i probably could have used the guidence earlier in my carrer it would have saved ma a lot of time..... i really do enjoy learning about the body and what it is capable of though.... i am a stubborn SOB a lot of the time, so i am sure i would have butted heads a bit also....

oldfella, have you ever employed a "guru" or a prep guy? seems as if you have a passion for this as well... i am sure you have learned a lot by yourself through the years also....

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear