over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Official Meditation/Mindfulness Thread

The next step in the practice I follow is to be aware of the breath as it comes in and its effect on the body. "Breathing in, I am aware of my body. Breathing out, I am aware of my body." The part I talked about yesterday that involves following and being aware of the breath as it comes in and out helps us to slow our minds down and bring attention to the present moment. When we are mindful of the present moment, our concentration on something can deepen, and when we have deep concentration we are able to have insight on whatever is going on in our body and mind. Once you are aware of your body and how it feels, you can breathe in and out to calm the body. "Breathing in, I calm my body. Breathing out, my body is relaxed." Breath in a way that releases tension in your body with every in breath and out breath.

Stay tuned for more!

Try this meditation guys...

When seated, breathe in thinking "Breathing in I calm my body and mind. Breathing out, I am happy."

Do this for 15 minutes, and I can almost guarantee you will have an uncontrollable smile on your face for a good amount of time afterwards. A good practitioner of mindfulness can generate feelings of happiness and joy at any time, regardless of the condition. Lets keep in mind the distinction between the two words "happiness" and "joy".

Joy

Picture yourself walking through the desert, craving water. Your thirst is so strong that you are about to die. Then, all of a sudden, you see an oasis in the distance and a pool of water. The feeling you would get when you see the oasis is the feeling of Joy.

Happiness

Once you reach the oasis, the feeling of satisfaction and relief that you feel once you are there is the feeling of Happiness, as I like to consider it.

I try to fill my daily life with as much joy and happiness as possible. I have lived through some pretty crappy situations and endured a lot of suffering, both physical and mental. I feel like I only deserve the best now, and meditation allows me to make every moment the best moment. Or at least try to. I still get mad and do stupid shit sometimes out of anger haha. But I'm working on it.

Happy to see this thread. I've been meditating most of my adult life. I enjoy working on the Body/Mind/Spiritual connection. As someone said Wayne Dyer (Who recently passed) always talks about meditating on source energy (Source energy is what the entire Universe is made out of) Really helps to be more focused on the big picture in your life, be calmer, and of course happier. It's an attitude and a lifestyle, not just meditation.

Awesome fucking thread! I love stuff like this. It goes hand in hand with improving yourself as a bodybuilder (not to mention as a better overall person in every way). Understanding and learning to love one's self through meditation and living in the present is something so many people fail to accomplish in life.

I've briefly mentioned meditation in a few of my last posts as well and am slowly getting deeper with it.

My morning consists of waking up around 5 am, taking busy enough of some sort of stimulant to wake my ass up and some kratom. I find it puts me in the perfect state of mind to begin my session of reading. I love self enlightenment type of books and usually read for the 30 minutes or so. Then I start my meditation session. I'm still a newbie to it, so my sessions usually last only 15 minutes but the fact that I'm doing it everyday consistently is all that matters at this point. I'd like to eventually work my way up to 1hr sessions daily. Its the second thing I do to start my day (after reading) and I follow it up with writing in my journal.

I have never felt so peaceful and positive after doing those 3 things each day. My life is truly improving in every way because of it. I feel better physically, more focused than ever, and learning to live in the NOW instead of my past (which has always caused me so much pain and suffering).

Meditation is briefly mentioned in this blog post but I encourage you all to read it thoroughly and I challenge you to apply these things to your daily routine.. It takes a ton of diligence but you will be rewarded in so many ways if you truly give it a chance. Here is the link...

http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2011/02/how-to-be-the-luckiest-guy-on-the-planet-in-4-easy-steps/

Btw, I've found anything written by James Altucher to be pure gold. I have a few of his books and none disappoint.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner