YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Olympics and McDonald's...what a bunch of crap!

The movie Supersize me proved with bloodwork and video documentation how bad it really is for your health.Didn't slow down the eating of the stuff a bit!

I think everything is ok in moderation. Eating at a fast food joint once a month or so isnt going to hurt anything. It is sad though that she thinks their food is healthy. My girls are just age 6 and 7 and I tell them all the time about how that kind of food is bad for your heart and will make you fat IF you eat it too much. Even with my heart attack, we go once in awhile to Wendy's for some food. I think its ok to indulge once in awhile. I think your problem with the commercial though is very valid in that they are portraying their food as being a healthy part of an Olympian's diet. That is laughable. Im surprised a bright girl her age doesnt know better. I guess her parents never talk to her about that kind of stuff. I started young with my girls.

I think everything is ok in moderation. Eating at a fast food joint once a month or so isnt going to hurt anything..

Absolutely,teach moderation and make it a treat.You see the kids that go crazy after being raised by parents that are too strict.

Absolutely,teach moderation and make it a treat.You see the kids that go crazy after being raised by parents that are too strict.

Yeah, thats another thing I hadnt though of. My parents gave me a lot of freedom when I was in high school and I used to drink and party but still got good grades and went to a great college. When I was at college I never drank, I was always bodybuilding and didnt care about drinking because I had been there and done that. I saw a lot of the kids that had strict parents going NUTS with booze.They had never been able to have the experience before and lost control. Drinking all the time and some of them had to drop out of college because of low grades.
I think moderation is indeed important to teach kids.

So true, so true! Look at allot of the ministers kids, majority seem to go hog wild when they leave the ship! My wife and I practice this religiously, that is, making sure we are NOT too strict. Good point!

Good replies

Phidias, so true...and so sad. Yeah guys I met this girl (Page) at a party (a French function) that I went to with my mom, and was blown away by her mind. It is a fabulous one indeed. She can also sing her ass off! We just happened to like the same Authors (Raymond Fiest, Piers Anthony, r. Jordan) so I agreed to read to her. It has been very touching and quite fascinating getting to know her. She has truly touched me and changed my life. She is also teaching me a little braille too.

Sidenote: Just saw another McDonald's commercial, and it has a young girls hockey team on it, and the coach is saying, well you played like Olympians so you are going to eat like Olympians. Wow... Yeah I know eating that shit is ok here and there, but a large portion of the public eats it ED sometimes twice a day.

I'm still trying to figure out how 2 double cheeseburgers can be cheaper than 2 pounds of brocolli?

The math just doesn't work for me.

i feel like crap after i eat mcdonalds. later that day and the next day i have no energy and feel like garbage

yes... olympians would never eat like that... NEVER!!!
what was micheal phelps diet again??

The public isn't "uneducated"... trust me... there's a difference between being uneducated and not caring.

when i smoke a cigarette and someone comes to me and says "let me educate you... this shit kills you! are you stupid?! why do you do this to yourself? don't you know that cigarettes cause this and this and this and that?!"

either one of two replies comes out
my personal reply would be:
"yeah, i know exactly what it does and how it kills me... now go away. you think it's stupid, retarded, and not worth it? good for you, don't smoke. now let me have my five minute break."

or what everyone else says (I don't say this, but i'll give you examples of people in my real personal life if i were to answer like this)

"my grandfather lived to be 93 years old... smoked 2 packs per day since he was 17... never even caughed heavy... now my neighboor never smoked, exercised everyday, and never ate junk food... died at 42 from a heart attack... i'm gonna smoke"

it's not about not being educated... it's about wanting to do it cuz you like it, and you don't care about the consequences... ignorance, if you will.

I find it strange that most of us here are on the juice, a lot of us compete and do VERY unhealthy shit that could kill you on the spot just so we could have a $2 trophy, then we start bashing people for eating McDonald's.

let's face it... we all have that little feeling inside us that these kids who eat mcdonald's daily will probably end up living longer than we "healthy" bodybuilders will... ;)

yes... olympians would never eat like that... NEVER!!!
what was micheal phelps diet again??

The public isn't "uneducated"... trust me... there's a difference between being uneducated and not caring.

when i smoke a cigarette and someone comes to me and says "let me educate you... this shit kills you! are you stupid?! why do you do this to yourself? don't you know that cigarettes cause this and this and this and that?!"

either one of two replies comes out
my personal reply would be:
"yeah, i know exactly what it does and how it kills me... now go away. you think it's stupid, retarded, and not worth it? good for you, don't smoke. now let me have my five minute break."

or what everyone else says (I don't say this, but i'll give you examples of people in my real personal life if i were to answer like this)

"my grandfather lived to be 93 years old... smoked 2 packs per day since he was 17... never even caughed heavy... now my neighboor never smoked, exercised everyday, and never ate junk food... died at 42 from a heart attack... i'm gonna smoke"

it's not about not being educated... it's about wanting to do it cuz you like it, and you don't care about the consequences... ignorance, if you will.

I find it strange that most of us here are on the juice, a lot of us compete and do VERY unhealthy shit that could kill you on the spot just so we could have a $2 trophy, then we start bashing people for eating McDonald's.

let's face it... we all have that little feeling inside us that these kids who eat mcdonald's daily will probably end up living longer than we "healthy" bodybuilders will... ;)

good points, but where my disgust comes in is when the media and goverment are fucking peoples health for profit. i think thats the point of this thread, not so much bashing the people eating it but the people promoting it. now if there were commercials promoting the health benefits of steroids so they could then sell you bp meds then your point would be more valid. people always use the example of someone they knew that smoked a pack a day, drank whiskey and ate like shit and lived to be a healthy 95 years of age to justify their actions. thats like me saying "hey that one dude juiced his ass off and lived a long happy life and had 3 kids, that must mean ill be ok too", unrealistic. the fact is that we have a very obese, diseased, overly medicated population due in no small part to the food that it eats.

Fucking EXACTLY.

You cannot take another person's choices and accurately judge them using your own life and circumstances as the balance point.

You may eat healthy, but drink too much.

You may never drink, but use absurd amounts of AAS.

You may not use AAS, but spend way too much time on the computer.

People will have both strengths and weaknesses that other people cannot relate to. You may also knowingly and deliberately make choices someone would not because you derive a greater pleasure from the act than another can relate to (e.g. choose to be more lax with your diet because you don't believe a life of total abstinence from "junk" food is worth it, or you may use AAS in spite of the risks involved because you believe the positive physical results to be worth the negative).

good points, but where my disgust comes in is when the media and goverment are [messing with] peoples health for profit. i think thats the point of this thread, not so much bashing the people eating it but the people promoting it. the fact is that we have a very obese, diseased, overly medicated population due in no small part to the food that it eats.

Yes, agreed! Very hypocritical on their part, not to mention, these people are suppose to be setting an example. Yet , they ignore/don't care about who's lives they are influencing. All for MONEY and POWER.

But hey, they don't mind saving everyone from hormones, that's a start, eh?

I can totally understand the point Ivan is Making and I feel his frustration. I also agree that if you like to eat Mc Donald's or any other fast food, that's it's your choice. However, as has been pointed out, the Obesity rate here in the US is at an alarming rate. The FOOD INDUSTRY here in the US is geared to feed it's citizens cheap and over processed foods. There's a great Documentary out called "Food Inc", if anyone would like to see that explains how the food industry basically sacrifices health for money.

Now I understand what Bulsemo is saying. However, Bulsemo, where you reside is in Saudi Arabia?, correct me if I'm wrong please. I know because I read this board a lot and I recognize major contributors. Please don't take this as flame on you. I'm not trying to create an argument. I don't know what the obesity rate in Saudi is, but I do know that Europeans, Asians, in fact most people in the world eat food in moderation. Whereas here in the US, most of us do nothing in moderation, everything is extravagent. From eating to spending etc... We have children here that by the age of 7 already have major health problems (diabtes) because of Obsesity and by the time they are teens have a hard time walking because they are so heavy.

The media here is a VERY POWERFUL tool and extremely influential on young minds and minds that unfortunately have been trained not to think for themselves as evidence with popular singers that can't sing, popular actors that can't act, fashion trends, and yes, fast food commercials. There's a reason why cigarettes aren't allowed to advertise on TV anymore. Junk food is the same. #1 reason for death in the US is Heart Disease which is brought about by our "indulgences", because we like them and the way it tastes and makes us feel etc...

I agree with what Ivan has brought up and also feel his anger towards Food Corporations that DO NOT have our health in mind, but rather would rather have us spend more money on foods that slowly kill ourselves and our children, and using the Olympics to do it.

I'm not going to judge on whether it's hypocritical or not because I think the main point of Ivan's piece is that here in the US, something needs to change in how we eat and expose the machine that are these food corporations, and their unfair practices of not only how they process our foods, but how they create the system that literally forces us to buy and eat their "crap".

Feeding the Athletes

Vancouver marks McDonald’s eighth consecutive Games as the Official Restaurant. Over the years, McDonald’s has served millions of meals to Olympic athletes, media and fans as a Worldwide Partner of the Olympic Movement.

Coudreaut, a five-star chef, graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, father and musician, works with a global network of top chefs and suppliers to create new McDonald’s offerings for customers around the world. The latest product is McDonald’s Real Fruit Smoothies in two flavors: Strawberry Banana and Wild Berry. The new Smoothies are debuting at the Games in McDonald’s three Olympic restaurants and will be available in U.S. McDonald’s restaurants this summer as part of the McCafe lineup. ”Mini versions” of McDonald’s customers’ favorites, including Big Mac sandwiches, Chicken McNuggets and French Fries, were served today at the event to give media and guests a fresh look at McDonald’s quality food.

“I’ve served McDonald’s favorites to some outstanding people, from movie stars and famous musicians to my family, friends and neighbors. Feeding Olympic athletes in Vancouver is one of my top career highlights,” said Coudreaut. “It’s incredibly rewarding to know how much athletes want our food, whether it’s basketball players making McDonald’s their first stop in the Olympic Village or the world’s fastest man enjoying our Chicken McNuggets before setting world records.”

Olympic gold medalists – Canadian ice hockey team captain Cassie Campbell, U.S. gymnast Shawn Johnson and U.S. alpine skier Picabo Street were each teamed with a pair of McDonald’s Champion Kids (MCK) to create their own smoothie flavors and earn McDonald’s first “medals” of the Games. The McDonald’s Champion Kids program debuted at the Beijing Games in 2008. It provides children ages 6-14 with the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the Games first-hand.

The panel of competition judges included Olympic gold medalist and German figure skater Katarina Witt, McDonald’s Canada and Latin America Group President Jose Armario and Sportscaster for the CTV Olympic Broadcast Consortium Louis Jean.

“Since working with Ronald McDonald House Charities in Germany, I have admired and appreciated the unique opportunities McDonald’s provides,” said Witt. ”I’m happy to be part of this latest Olympic experience with McDonald’s Champion Kids and plan to enjoy a McDonald’s Snack Wrap while at these Winter Games.”

McDonald’s two new restaurants in the Olympic Villages in Vancouver and Whistler are feeding more than 10,000 athletes, coaches and officials, and the McDonald’s restaurant in the Main Media Center feeds the nearly 3,000 media expected. These restaurants are open 24 hours a day and offer McCafe beverages and snacks. Chicken McNuggets, the favorite McDonald’s menu item at the last Games, are featured on the McDonald’s Olympic menu, served with a choice of dipping sauces, including a new Spicy Szechwan option. McDonald’s Big Mac sandwich, Egg McMuffin, Fruit ‘n Yogurt Parfait, and many other customer favorites also are available. For the first time at the Games, McDonald’s is serving Snack Wraps created by Coudreaut and his culinary team, in addition to the new Real Fruit Smoothies.

Last edited:
I agree with what Ivan has brought up and also feel his anger towards Food Corporations that DO NOT have our health in mind, but rather would rather have us spend more money on foods that slowly kill ourselves and our children, and using the Olympics to do it.

omething needs to change in how we eat and expose the machine that are these food corporations, and their unfair practices of not only how they process our foods, but how they create the system that literally forces us to buy and eat their "crap".

What's really sad, is the notion of eating "clean". Unless you are going organic, it really doesn't matter how "clean" you eat. The foods and water are laden with chemicals anyway, processed or not. People in charge of this, Know it. they ought to be ashamed!

Also, I can't remember one time, out of 40 + years of going to a doctor, and him/her advising me on diet practices for health. They should know, this is a key factor in ones overall well being/health.

What's really sad, is the notion of eating "clean". Unless you are going organic, it really doesn't matter how "clean" you eat. The foods and water are laden with chemicals anyway, processed or not. People in charge of this, Know it. they ought to be ashamed!

Also, I can't remember one time, out of 40 + years of going to a doctor, and him/her advising me on diet practices for health. They should know, this is a key factor in ones overall well being/health.

True,unless you grow it yourself.Raise and slaughter.Catch from the lake or ocean.Its hard to know for sure it's even organic as it's claimed to be. Sad huh?

Also people should know M.D.'s only take One and at some schools Two nutrition classes!! not much

Last edited:
I can totally understand the point Ivan is Making and I feel his frustration. I also agree that if you like to eat Mc Donald's or any other fast food, that's it's your choice. However, as has been pointed out, the Obesity rate here in the US is at an alarming rate. The FOOD INDUSTRY here in the US is geared to feed it's citizens cheap and over processed foods. There's a great Documentary out called "Food Inc", if anyone would like to see that explains how the food industry basically sacrifices health for money.

Now I understand what Bulsemo is saying. However, Bulsemo, where you reside is in Saudi Arabia?, correct me if I'm wrong please. I know because I read this board a lot and I recognize major contributors. Please don't take this as flame on you. I'm not trying to create an argument. I don't know what the obesity rate in Saudi is, but I do know that Europeans, Asians, in fact most people in the world eat food in moderation. Whereas here in the US, most of us do nothing in moderation, everything is extravagent. From eating to spending etc... We have children here that by the age of 7 already have major health problems (diabtes) because of Obsesity and by the time they are teens have a hard time walking because they are so heavy.

The media here is a VERY POWERFUL tool and extremely influential on young minds and minds that unfortunately have been trained not to think for themselves as evidence with popular singers that can't sing, popular actors that can't act, fashion trends, and yes, fast food commercials. There's a reason why cigarettes aren't allowed to advertise on TV anymore. Junk food is the same. #1 reason for death in the US is Heart Disease which is brought about by our "indulgences", because we like them and the way it tastes and makes us feel etc...

I'm not going to judge on whether it's hypocritical or not because I think the main point of Ivan's piece is that here in the US, something needs to change in how we eat and expose the machine that are these food corporations, and their unfair practices of not only how they process our foods, but how they create the system that literally forces us to buy and eat their "crap".

YES!!! GREAT post bro!! My main problem is the marketing to kids who ARE NOT educated in this. And Kiddakota just did a great job illustrating how the mass media works to lure ppl in. I wonder how much $$ that chef got paid to make those comments. If anyone is doubting this epidemic, simply stick your head in a elementary classroom these days. You will be saddened. And it is not just kids, most places I go obesity is a MAJORITY anymore, this is America. Fat, Fat, Fat. No wonder heart disease is the leading killer.

Moderation is best, agreed.

Yeah, thats another thing I hadnt though of. My parents gave me a lot of freedom when I was in high school and I used to drink and party but still got good grades and went to a great college. When I was at college I never drank, I was always bodybuilding and didnt care about drinking because I had been there and done that. I saw a lot of the kids that had strict parents going NUTS with booze.They had never been able to have the experience before and lost control. Drinking all the time and some of them had to drop out of college because of low grades.
I think moderation is indeed important to teach kids.

Yeah my folks were strict also, I NEVER could drink pop, McDonald's? FORGET IT! My G'pa would take me there when I went to visit him in Burbank and I of course loved it. No cartoons, no pop, and only a little candy here and there (big league chew, bazooka Joe, skittles, starburst, and gummy worms is what I liked!) except on Halloween and Easter -- LOVED those two days, ate so much sugar I would literally run laps around the house outside, unsure of what I was doing, but still running. :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131