YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Olympics and McDonald's...what a bunch of crap!

Ivan

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
So after work I usually spend an hour or two reading to this 16 year old blind girl. I think she is just a great little person! Well anyhow, she wanted to "watch" (listen) to the Olympics on TV, so I put them on. We are watching speed-skating and having a good ol' time. I get hungry. So I tell her I am going to put something together for us to eat, and she says she wants something from *ugh* McDonalds. I say "WHAT??!" "Whatever on Earth for Page?" She replies, "what do you mean why? I am hungry too and it sounds good!" to which I say, "Yeah but that is straight up crap-food, let me make you some delicious salmon or some steaks, it will make you strong and keep you athletic and lean" <-- I was pouring everything on for emphasis and my STRONG dislike of Mcdonalds. "Ummm yeah, obviously if Olympic athletes eat at Mcdonalds all the time it cannot be bad for you," she matter-of-factly replies. "Page, are you serious?" I ask. " Ives, I am sure you know your stuff, but all my friends eat there, and some of them play sports, does not seem to hurt them, and besides, the commercials for Mcdonalds have our best Olympic athletes eating there and I am pretty sure they would not eat there if it made them fat or bad at their sport," she tells me." I stare at her open mouthed in disbelief. "Are you joking..? Or...are..you actually serious?" I stammer. "Will you just get some food, GAWD!" she snaps. I walk out of the room stunned. Then a little later in the programming, sure enough there is a fucking McDonald's ad, w/ the Olympic athletes all high-fiving each other and pigging out etc. I was totally disgusted. Page is only 16, and although blind she has a very sharp mind. Obviously she has a lot to learn, but if today's kids actually think that Mickey D's and fast food in general is the staple to an Olympic athletes diet; then this is really sad. I would like to take a survey of Jr. high and high school kids to see what they know about this junk food. No fucking wonder there is such an obesity problem. I am not going to blame McDonalds because I am all for personal choice, but I do think it is bullshit to trick ppl into thinking McDonald's is the food of champions. It actually fraud really. Maybe that is a little harsh, but c'mon, what the hell. I already knew about the McDonald's All-american basketball camp and All-star game for high-schoolers, but Olympic athletes (and the b-ballers) train their asses off, unlike over 90% of the population, and even so, I doubt they ever eat this junk. To target kids is sick, and we (USA) already have an epidemic on our hands in terms of obesity, WE NEED TO GET THIS SHIT UNDER CONTROL.

I understand what you mean. I dont think they purposely try to send a wrong message..its just all about the money. The Olympic sponsors and NBA athletes dont have to take the deal with McDonalds, they choose to do so. They are as guilty as McDonalds. Not to change the subject or anything..but another thing I have noticed is..I dont understand why they allow 'Budweiser' and 'MGD' to advertise on NASCAR. It sends a mixed signal..Drink and watch the race..then when youre drunk try and reenact what you just saw??Thats the message it pretty much sends. These corporations are full of crap..like a damn chicken mcnugget.

So after work I usually spend an hour or two reading to this 16 year old blind girl. I think she is just a great little person! Well anyhow, she wanted to "watch" (listen) to the Olympics on TV, so I put them on. We are watching speed-skating and having a good ol' time. I get hungry. So I tell her I am going to put something together for us to eat, and she says she wants something from *ugh* McDonalds. I say "WHAT??!" "Whatever on Earth for Page?" She replies, "what do you mean why? I am hungry too and it sounds good!" to which I say, "Yeah but that is straight up crap-food, let me make you some delicious salmon or some steaks, it will make you strong and keep you athletic and lean" <-- I was pouring everything on for emphasis and my STRONG dislike of Mcdonalds. "Ummm yeah, obviously if Olympic athletes eat at Mcdonalds all the time it cannot be bad for you," she matter-of-factly replies. "Page, are you serious?" I ask. " Ives, I am sure you know your stuff, but all my friends eat there, and some of them play sports, does not seem to hurt them, and besides, the commercials for Mcdonalds have our best Olympic athletes eating there and I am pretty sure they would not eat there if it made them fat or bad at their sport," she tells me." I stare at her open mouthed in disbelief. "Are you joking..? Or...are..you actually serious?" I stammer. "Will you just get some food, GAWD!" she snaps. I walk out of the room stunned. Then a little later in the programming, sure enough there is a fucking McDonald's ad, w/ the Olympic athletes all high-fiving each other and pigging out etc. I was totally disgusted. Page is only 16, and although blind she has a very sharp mind. Obviously she has a lot to learn, but if today's kids actually think that Mickey D's and fast food in general is the staple to an Olympic athletes diet; then this is really sad. I would like to take a survey of Jr. high and high school kids to see what they know about this junk food. No fucking wonder there is such an obesity problem. I am not going to blame McDonalds because I am all for personal choice, but I do think it is bullshit to trick ppl into thinking McDonald's is the food of champions. It actually fraud really. Maybe that is a little harsh, but c'mon, what the hell. I already knew about the McDonald's All-american basketball camp and All-star game for high-schoolers, but Olympic athletes (and the b-ballers) train their asses off, unlike over 90% of the population, and even so, I doubt they ever eat this junk. To target kids is sick, and we (USA) already have an epidemic on our hands in terms of obesity, WE NEED TO GET THIS SHIT UNDER CONTROL.

so true...IMO it is one the most important issues of our generation

for guys like us who have gained a certain understanding of proper nutrition and its benefits as compared with the consequences of an average american diet it all seems so obvious and INSANE. funny thing is i used to be the same way up until i started working out and trying to eat to get bigger and somewhere along the way i realized the importance of proper nutrition. i educated myself, but i had the motivation of BB to drive me to do so. the school curriculum on the subject is a joke, i think they still teach the food pyramid or some shit i dont really remember but im pretty sure carbs (breads and pastas) are on the top. the children are being fed pure shit food and a skewed nutritional education to make it damn near impossible to self realize their way out of it. i mean its crazy to think that someone would possibly think mcds is healthy but i bet if you conducted your survey it would be pretty disappointing. VERY sad.

O hell, yeah! I agree, Ivan. whats even shadier, is the fact they put crap in their food to make people want more of it. Like MSG, I believe is one of the ingredients. This country is going to regret what it's doing to it's people, you watch and see, bro!

BTW, Ivan, I just wanted to commend you on helping someone in that situation! One hell of heart, bro! It's rare to find a man that has the toughness (genuine) and yet can be as gentle as a lamb! Really impressed, my friend!. That's what I real man is. Keep your heart in check, bro, you definitely are one stellar human being! Again, impressive!

McDonalds' menu is pretty much crap. Don't get me wrong...I love a good fast food burger and since I'm not going to compete, am 42 years old, and have accepted that I am actually going to get old and die someday, I figure..."What the hay?" Plus, I'm naturally on the thin side, anyways.

The best thing at McDonalds isn't even on the menu. It's a Double Quarter Pounder made like a Big Mac. Essentially, you get the Quarter Pounder meat on a Big Mac instead of the pathetic translucent meat that comes on that sandwich nowadays. Usually, when you order it the people behind the counter look at you like you just ordered deep fried cat livers.

i'm being totally honest here, and most of you will probably throw eggs at me... but i see nothing wrong with that.

BTW, Ivan, I just wanted to commend you on helping someone in that situation! One hell of heart, bro! It's rare to find a man that has the toughness (genuine) and yet can be as gentle as a lamb! Really impressed, my friend!. That's what I real man is. Keep your heart in check, bro, you definitely are one stellar human being! Again, impressive!

That IS pretty cool....but I bet she gets tired of him reading all those 20 year old copies of MM2K over and over!

Just kidding... I'm sure she loves hearing what Dan and T.C. are up to. :D

i'm being totally honest here, and most of you will probably throw eggs at me... but i see nothing wrong with that.

WHAT?!? ARE you KIDDING ME BRAH? YOU EAT MCDONALDS OCCASIONALLY?! YOU'RE A TICKING TIME BOMB!

:D

Ivan, mon ami, I find ADMIRABLE what you're doing with this girl. Bringing joy (even just trying to) in someone elses life, especially when they really need it like your teen friend does, is certainly one of the best way to feel, and actually be really USEFUL... and therefore to fulfill yourself. Too many self-centered people in our society today. :eek:

As for the commercials, since when keeping people in good health is a priority? Make them fat by fooling them into believing they won't (using every method at your disposal like hiring famous sportsmen supposed to be healthy), and then, when it's too late, sell them tons of drugs and fancy nutritional supps destined to help them lose weight and regain their health... the virtues of capitalism. ;)

Let's keep in mind that most major companies' biggest share holders have interests in many firms from very different fields... when you own parts of a fast-food chain and of a FDA approved lab at the same time, you see no problem in selling both Big Macs and blood pressure meds to the masses... sad world.

Last edited:

From the Chef point of view, I believe Child obesity is like Child abused. Parents neglect the Child well being and Healthy lifestyle. I honestly believed that parents should be held responsible. Ivan, it bring joy to my heart when you read a blind child story book. I was born deaf as a baby and when I was 6-7 years old I couldnt speak but mumble or make sounds like a Deaf Mute.
As I got older, Mum use to hold my hand and put it front of her mouth and she says A,B,C etc and I felt the vibration of each letter on my finger tips and I started to speak. To this day, I speak very well and I am Profound Deaf at 80% hearing loss. I am happy where I am today and proud to achieved as a Chef where many people try to put me down and say you cant be a Chef because you are deaf and I prove them wrong.

Actually in the Olympic village there is a Mcdonalds and has been for years.The olympians all have a card and can go there and eat whenever they want.Obviously MOST don't but I know in China during the summer games the chinese food was so bad that some athletes that normally avoid that type food at all costs were eating at the olympic village mcdonalds.

P.S. Because I know this board and someone will chime in with they order special food and have it prepared.Yes but it was provided by the chinese and was apparently disquisting! They said the chicken breasts delivered to them was some type of "mystery meat"lol.

Last edited:
As I got older, Mum use to hold my hand and put it front of her mouth and she says A,B,C etc and I felt the vibration of each letter on my finger tips and I started to speak. To this day, I speak very well and I am Profound Deaf at 80% hearing loss. I am happy where I am today and proud to achieved as a Chef where many people try to put me down and say you cant be a Chef because you are deaf and I prove them wrong.

Good for you chef!! There are a few of us on here with challenges .Also see the "Heart update" thread.Its very inspiring and touching to hear all your stories.

Regards

kids are impressionable, and unscrupulous advertisers know this. the idea that ANY athletic individuals eat that garbage at McDonalds is nonsense.

maybe they should make commercials of a group of obese, depressed people eating at mcdonalds then show their gastric bypass surgery they get to stay alive

kids are impressionable, and unscrupulous advertisers know this. the idea that ANY athletic individuals eat that garbage at McDonalds is nonsense.

maybe they should make commercials of a group of obese, depressed people eating at mcdonalds then show their gastric bypass surgery they get to stay alive

*LOL*. So true!

If you are a young olympian knocking back 8k calories just to maintain weight then a quarter pounder with cheese or 6 isn't going to do much damage.

Not a great mainstay but as cheap fast calories why not?

Now the message that this sends to fat little fuckers playing with their gameboys on the couch is an entirely different problem.

all the althetes eat mcnuggets when they train, didnt you know that?

it really is disgusting how the corporate world thinks everyone is stupid and will prey on it for a dollar isnt it?

Eat at McDonalds and you can be an Olympic Athlete!

There are a lot of uneducated and gulible people that buy into big corporate advertising. Like the Diet Coke commercials about heart health awareness. How many people are going to think drinking Diet Coke is good for your heart? The same people that wolf down 3 Big Macs w/a Diet Coke and think they will lose weight. My step daughter has a 2yr & 1yr old and they eat at McDonalds almost every day. It drives me crazy the kids won't eat much of anything else now. Our (US) goverment spends so much time & $ on how "Evil" steroids are yet they do nothing about the biggest culprits of countless health issues in the US.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear