over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Power of Positive Thinking

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I have been wanting to write articles like this for a while now but have just now got the courage to do so. Hopefully i will be able to make you think and exercise your mind and what you can achieve if you only stay positive.

To start off with, the ability and potential of our minds is unimaginable but yet we very seldomly tap into its true potential. We allow our eyes, the media, and propaganda to lie to us, and we believe it. Yes our eyes lie to us!!! This is a huge statement because we tend to believe what we see and not what we feel. This is proven by the billion of dollars that is made by unscrupulous supplement companies. Drink this and you will have girls all over you and you will have muscle like this........BULL SHIT!!!! But yet we spend our hard earned dollars everyday on their worthless products chasing our elusive dreams. Our eyes are lying to our brains because of the brainwashing from these companies. Now im not saying ALL of these products or companies are worthless. Some of them i do believe in and i do use (Synthetek and True Protein and worth their weight in gold in my eyes). But how many people exercise their brains and tap into its enormous potential?????? Very seldom is this FREE advancement sought after!!

I rode bulls professionally for 8 years. In my career, i attended some of the very best schools available. One of my instructors told us a story of a multi millionaire that was a midget. This man started off with NO money and by the time he was 30 he was a multi millionaire. How??? By staying positive!!! He knew if he thought about failure he would fail. He started off every day by looking in the mirror and saying, "Damn im good looking and I am going to succeed." He would leave his house, and jump over his fence every morning, and say, "Noting is going to stop me." This type of thinking allowed him to become a multi millionaire at the age of 30.

I once heard a quote that said, "If you think you can or think you can't, you are probably right!" If you think you will fail.....YOUR DONE. If you think you will succeed (And you believe it) you are probably right.

Here is a test (You will need a partner to help with this). Have your partner make a circle with their thumb and middle finger. Have them keep saying, "I think i can...I think I can...I think I can," and tell them to keep the circle close (While saying this) and you try to pull the two fingers apart. You will probably not be able to or if you do it will be a struggle. Now do the exact same thing and have them say, "I can't...I can't....I can't," and you will be able to pull their fingers apart with ease.

What does all of this have to do with bodybuilding..............Think about it! KS

I love this way of thinking and its the only way for me for think..positive:)
thanks!

I have been wanting to write articles like this for a while now but have just now got the courage to do so. Hopefully i will be able to make you think and exercise your mind and what you can achieve if you only stay positive.

To start off with, the ability and potential of our minds is unimaginable but yet we very seldomly tap into its true potential. We allow our eyes, the media, and propaganda to lie to us, and we believe it. Yes our eyes lie to us!!! This is a huge statement because we tend to believe what we see and not what we feel. This is proven by the billion of dollars that is made by unscrupulous supplement companies. Drink this and you will have girls all over you and you will have muscle like this........BULL SHIT!!!! But yet we spend our hard earned dollars everyday on their worthless products chasing our elusive dreams. Our eyes are lying to our brains because of the brainwashing from these companies. Now im not saying ALL of these products or companies are worthless. Some of them i do believe in and i do use (Synthetek and True Protein and worth their weight in gold in my eyes). But how many people exercise their brains and tap into its enormous potential?????? Very seldom is this FREE advancement sought after!!

I rode bulls professionally for 8 years. In my career, i attended some of the very best schools available. One of my instructors told us a story of a multi millionaire that was a midget. This man started off with NO money and by the time he was 30 he was a multi millionaire. How??? By staying positive!!! He knew if he thought about failure he would fail. He started off every day by looking in the mirror and saying, "Damn im good looking and I am going to succeed." He would leave his house, and jump over his fence every morning, and say, "Noting is going to stop me." This type of thinking allowed him to become a multi millionaire at the age of 30.

I once heard a quote that said, "If you think you can or think you can't, you are probably right!" If you think you will fail.....YOUR DONE. If you think you will succeed (And you believe it) you are probably right.

Here is a test (You will need a partner to help with this). Have your partner make a circle with their thumb and middle finger. Have them keep saying, "I think i can...I think I can...I think I can," and tell them to keep the circle close (While saying this) and you try to pull the two fingers apart. You will probably not be able to or if you do it will be a struggle. Now do the exact same thing and have them say, "I can't...I can't....I can't," and you will be able to pull their fingers apart with ease.

What does all of this have to do with bodybuilding..............Think about it! KS

i agree 100 percent

GREAT POST!!!

If you can believe it you can achieve it - Napoleon Hill

If you haven't read any of Napoleons books on positive mental attitudes and thinking you are doing yourself a disservice.

Anthony Robins books are awesome as well.

Im a big believer in the power of positive thinking too. Read some books by John Maxwell..theyre really good.

"People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong...Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?”

There is negativity in your post in regards to your dislike for supplement companies, which distracts from the power of positive thinking. There are many positive things they do..for example they are the ones that pay for and sponsor all the bodybuilding shows put on around the world. You ever been to the Olympia or the Arnold? Walk around and look at all the excited fans as they get to catch a glipse or even meet some of their favorite athletes and celebrities. The expressions and emotions presented by the fans is priceless.

Im not trying to start an arguement about supplement companies and saying that theyre all great, b/c theyre all not..just tried to put a postive twist on your statement. Afterall, a positive anything is better than negative nothing

wow!

i actualy began this only two weeks ago and although its not always easy im determined to keep it up! whats weird is how you notice in other people when they are being negative and also in yourself , rich

Could'nt agree more!

:) Im a great believer in positive thinking it works every time!

Excellent post..Love tony robbins too! I think right now with all the bad in the U.S. that people really need to exercise the power of positive thinking. I am going through some major changes and couldnt do it without positive thinking

Im a big believer in the power of positive thinking too. Read some books by John Maxwell..theyre really good.

"People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong...Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?”

There is negativity in your post in regards to your dislike for supplement companies, which distracts from the power of positive thinking. There are many positive things they do..for example they are the ones that pay for and sponsor all the bodybuilding shows put on around the world. You ever been to the Olympia or the Arnold? Walk around and look at all the excited fans as they get to catch a glipse or even meet some of their favorite athletes and celebrities. The expressions and emotions presented by the fans is priceless.

Im not trying to start an arguement about supplement companies and saying that theyre all great, b/c theyre all not..just tried to put a postive twist on your statement. Afterall, a positive anything is better than negative nothing
The intent of this thread was not to bash supplement companies. It was just an example of how our eyes lie to us. Most people abide by the old saying, "Seeing is believing." But this simply is not true. Seeing results is believing. Also the truth can be mistrude as negativity when in all actuality it IS the positive way of looking at things.

Also i am not saying that supplements are bad or dont work. Tons of people would not be where they are without some of them. I am saying that the advertisement by the COMPANIES are extremely misleading causing our eyes to lie to us. KS

The intent of this thread was not to bash supplement companies. It was just an example of how our eyes lie to us. Most people abide by the old saying, "Seeing is believing." But this simply is not true. Seeing results is believing. Also the truth can be mistrude as negativity when in all actuality it IS the positive way of looking at things.

Also i am not saying that supplements are bad or dont work. Tons of people would not be where they are without some of them. I am saying that the advertisement by the COMPANIES are extremely misleading causing our eyes to lie to us. KS

not all supplement companies advertise like that for one..plus there are many other types of businesses that advertise and market in a similar way..its just marketing..its how businesses make money..

that is why you never let your feelings do your thinking for you..your feeling come from your thoughts, which in this case, are generated by ads (you see ad for supplement, and you form a thought)

you can control what you think, thus you can control your feelings..thats the real power of positive thinking..

I did not say ALL companies advertise like that nor did i say that other business did not. It was simply to show how we are mislead in advertising and made to believe things that are not true.

Plus you are totally missing the point of this thread. IT WAS AN EXAMPLE!!!

Mr cowboy........awesome article and somthing I preach all the time......easier said than done ,sometimes I 'm afraid....but your post hit me at a time when I needed it .....So honestly , Thank You !!! I appreciate anyone that wants to help others and I know that is what you intended to do here.

The mental aspect to life is an interesting one ......any one wishing to achieve their best any part of their life inculding bbing should make the power of the mind a focal point......we all should be studying philosophy and religion daily [including me] .....challeging ourselves to think and to master our our minds should be our number one priorty in this life....yet for some reason we get caught up in mindless superficial living [ including me] I used to devote an hour each day to reading philosophy ,religion, self help and another hour to music .....when I did ......my life was better , happier , and I was successful.........somehow ,I fell out of that routine and like in bbing, you break successful sound practice /routine and things can go backwards on you fast.......

I love the that forum has been concetrating more on diet these days [and thanks to Big A , the mods , and so many great members I have decided to stay with my family here] , but I definately know that we don't dicus the mind nearly enough here......Not only how it pretains to bbing ,but even more important but how we can all be happier and more successful......

So thanks Mr cowboy [got love a tough ass bull rider that has a soft side and wants help others] ......guys post things you've read...or learned ....life experiences .....lets learn ....get better in and out of the gym and support eachother here ......I am all ears.......I want to get back on track...and I am sure many of you do as well

Ia-I really appreciate your post. You are a well respected member on here and i love to read your posts. So THANK YOU for the reply, it means a lot to me. And yes you hit the nail on the head....we all need to devote more time and energy to our minds, mental state, religion, and over all mental well being.

Our minds are so powerful yet we choose not to exercise them.....?????.....When i was traveling around the country, chasing an elusive dream, i HAD to stay positive....my career, checkbook, family etc....depended on it. BUt those were the times that i was the most successful and the most focused. I learned to channel adversity, pain, negative thoughts and get them out of my mind.....

But not only will this type of thinking help us to succeed in body building (All levels from pro to the everyday gym rat) but it will help you with LIFE (Work, family, friends, self etc...).

This is one of my most coveted statements and it is so true:

THINGS ARE NEITHER GOOD NOR BAD....ITS HOW YOUR MIND PERCEIVES THEM.

That is really really deep!!!!! Everything in life is neutral.... not good, not bad. But how your mind perceives things is how it effects you.

I.E....Person #1 gets into a car wreck. He says, "This sucks, my wife will kill me, my insurance is going to go up, i cant afford this, im fucked."

This man has just mentally hosed himself for the next 4 months. He will fret, loose sleep, get ulsers, argue with his wife about this wreck and it will consume him for the next 4 months, causing havoc on everything in his life.

Person #2 is in the same situation as person #1 as far as life is concerned. He gets into a car wreck and says, "Well this is a good time to get a new car, i was just waiting on a sign to get a new car, this is a good opportunity to get my car painted a different color, there are some good interest rates right now so it couldnt have happened at a better time."

This man has just beaten the mental demons that would have reeked havoc on his life, family, job, health etc..... By staying positive with a difficult situation he has managed not only to succeed with this set back but to also avoid future worries and concerns.

THING ARE NEITHER GOOD NOR BAD...ITS HOW YOUR MIND PERCEIVES THEM!!!

Without a doubt cowboy ........and like I said you and TP4U [who had a great post recently and a guy I am so proud of ] it is that simple yet it so hard to really live and master........

The happiest most loving person I ever met was a buddist monk.....he just glowed ......why ? He had a mastery of his thoughts and appreciated life......I looked at his life and I was like wtf ? He has nothing .....no money ....no chicks ....nothing.....yet he was the richest happiest guy I have ever known.....I have yet to devote the consistant effort in this mastery over these simple ideals and I am paying for it big time......and I am sure many , many of you out there know you are in the same boat.....

I hope you guys keep this subject going.....share good reads......you tube clips of great speakers or teachers.....discus philosophy.......if we started really supporting each other here ....instead of just taking ....I am sure we could really do something great here .........yes ,this is a hardcore bbing site.....but nothing is more hardcore than a strong mind!!!

Couldnt agree more IA....

I will give another example:

My dad was killed on November 11th 2003. He was (And still is) the center of my universe!!!! I worshiped the ground this man walked on and still compare myself to him everyday. There is not a day that goes by that i dont think of him or his actions (He was one of the most positive men i have ever known).

When he was killed my world came to an abrupt halt!! I am the oldest of 4 boys (31 at the time). I knew i had to be strong cause there were several people in my dads life that would not be able to be strong (My brother is on tons of meds to this day because of my dads death). I took a moment to break down but i made sure i was alone and no one was around to absorb that negative energy. After that i made sure that no one saw me cry or get worried. I handled all his funeral arrangements (Parents were divorced) and comforted and guided my brothers, aunts, uncles, and grandma. I took this negative situation and turned it into a positive.......We got a building at our local sports complex dedicated and named after my dad. I also told people that he was the lucky one because he was with GOD and we were not (He was a very devout Catholic).

All in All....This is one of the worst things that could happen in my life but yet there is a positive way to cope with it....(Got school scolarships in his name, buildings dedicated to him, jersey retired from the local high school, and above all........HE is with GOD). By remaining positive mentally, it has not had a negative affect on me. Yes i struggle every day with him not being here, but there are two ways to think of every situation.

THATS THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING!!! KS

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1