advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The secret of the pros - THIS IS IT - NO BULL!

No shit.

Wow. I never read through this thread before but now that I have I wish I hadn't. All these pros and competitors telling members exactly what you need to do to achieve what you'd like. Most of you are right. You WON'T ever look like a pro but it won't be from genetics. I think some of you should just find another sport. And how much exactly do you expect from this board? It's completely free and you'll learn more in a few months here than a year of gym talk and even working with some of these horrible trainers in gyms today and still you want more. Would it make you feel different if even Ron or Jay came on here and confirmed what BigA said? No. It's easier for you to just sit and cry about your genetics. Bunch of weekend warriors expecting to work out inconsistently for a year and take a bunch of drugs, eat like shit, and then get upset when you don't look like a pro? What the hell? Some of the guys here in this thread eat, sleep, and shit bbing and you're going to complain when they tell you what you don't want to hear? What you don't want to do? Some of you little scamps should just move along. This kind of stuff irritates me because none of these would-be bbers would say ANYTHING like they do if not behind a keyboard. Maybe I'm just grouchy tonight but this left a bad taste in my mouth. None of you complainers will succeed and do you know why? Because you've already lost! Even with pros and competitors all around you telling you that you can do it, you still just have to believe that you can't. That's why you never will. And that's the REAL difference here.

...that, and consistency...:p

GREAT POST, OUCH.

Thes are the same type of people who will bitch and moan about someone elses success in finding a career or any other sporting endeavor. I see it with people at work all the time. They are unhappy, but not motivated enought to take a few weekend classes to better their situation. Those that ARE willing to put out the effort get the things they want. This country is so filled with opportunity that it's crazy.

I see kids say negative things about others who score high on tests or make the basketball team, but are unwilling to study or shoot baskets every night in the gym. Same thing applies to bodybuilding.

Didn't Branch turn pro in early 20's??

in general, turn pro doesnt mean guys will be competitive among the other pros

many of them turn pro and then dont compete for a while to come back bigger

HATERS!

GREAT POST, OUCH.

Thes are the same type of people who will bitch and moan about someone elses success in finding a career or any other sporting endeavor. I see it with people at work all the time. They are unhappy, but not motivated enought to take a few weekend classes to better their situation. Those that ARE willing to put out the effort get the things they want. This country is so filled with opportunity that it's crazy.

I see kids say negative things about others who score high on tests or make the basketball team, but are unwilling to study or shoot baskets every night in the gym. Same thing applies to bodybuilding.

THE HATERS ARE EVERYWHERE!:mad: NO MATTER WHAT WE DO BE IT BODYBUILDING, JOB TITLE OR THE CAR WE DRIVE. THE HATERS LURK EVERYWHERE.........................I THINK I LIKE TO JUST CALL THEM LAZY ASSES..........

This sport (bbing or power) has always been about making the impossible possible, turning fantasy into reality, and pain into gain. I'm starting to sound like Jesse Jackson now but seriously, if you don't believe that you definitely will, then you probably won't, and if you don't believe that you can, then you definitely won't. This sport is filled with shouldn't-have-beens but they are in the gym, busting their asses, winning meets, breaking through barriers. Do you think in 1960, they could have envisioned Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman? Almost scary because it makes you wonder what guys will be doing 30 years from now.

Of course genetics have something to do with everything we do, every day of our lives, whether it be lifting a weight or sculpting a tree but to say that you genetically can't is the perfect cop-out. It's the perfect cop-out because it's impossible to prove and the easiest thing in the world to claim.

"I didn't fail because I'm lazy and have a negative attitude, I just don't have the genetics."

What a crock! Unless you genetically inherited being a loser from your loser parents, this sentence carries no weight with me. I don't know if there's a "loser" gene, but it wouldn't surprise me. Can you picture that? "Why are you such a loser?"

"I get it from my parents." LOL

There are six billion people on this planet. In the end, that means that 5,999,999,999 of you will be forced to take second place to me! :D

THATS SOME VERY GOOD INFO! I REALLY BELIEVE THAT.. :)

Though genetics has some influence (it's a gray area for me), consistency really is key like BigA, Dusty, and other have said. I found out at age 30 that I don't produce enough hormone naturally--that's genetics for me. I got that corrected (I'm on HRT for the rest of my life), but still nothing would have happened had I not consistently gone to the gym, ate, and so on. In 10 years I went from 130 to 210 (6' tall, so I was extremely skinny--I have progress pictures over the years at MuscleChemistry if you want to see). There is no way I could have achieved what I have without being consistent. Maybe this is close to "pro" size for me regarding my genetics, who knows, but I like to think of what the next 5-10 years may hold for me, even though I'm close to 40 years old. I believe I can do it, but without that consistency, I, for sure would not be able to make it.

imho much of the genetics thing is a crock

an npc judge told me that i had better calves than his (when he was competing) because of genetics. obviously he did not see my calves 10 years ago, or all the different training techniques i used to get them bigger. i was actually sort-of offended by his comment. by attributing my better shape to genetics, he was not admitting that maybe i was just more innovative and persistent than he was.

same thing goes for even shape and muscle fullness. you can change the way your muscle bellies flex by proper stretching and sometimes spot injection. flex wheeler had full muscle bellys, but he also trained with a very full ROM, stretched and did site inj. even his appearance was not entirely genetics.

I believe in DISCIPLINE, DISCIPLINE and more DISCIPLINE. It is all in the mind.

People really need to read this thread cause it's dead on by Big A...I get so tired of the ALL DRUGS and TAKE AS MUCH GH AS YOU CAN AFFORD...

THE bottom line is what is left at the end of your cycle if you ever come off...
you have to be consistent in dieting, training, and on and off times with the hormones.
I have said many times over the years-ANYONE CAN GAIN 100 LBS OF MASS OVER THEIR STARTING WEIGHT if you started at 180 you could reach 280 or more...will you be a pro? No, will you be healthy...well that all depends on how you get there and what you use...someone banging tren and orals...not so good...somebody blasting with moderate doses under 2 grams (anabolic/androgen max combined dosage) a week and then cruising with HRT doses and low dosed GH avoiding the metabolic crash...well he's gonna be big and healtheir than his counter part who will be like a yoyo big bloated and then shrink like a nutsack when he comes off.

Use your head and do it the right way...

This sport (bbing or power) has always been about making the impossible possible, turning fantasy into reality, and pain into gain. I'm starting to sound like Jesse Jackson now but seriously, if you don't believe that you definitely will, then you probably won't, and if you don't believe that you can, then you definitely won't. This sport is filled with shouldn't-have-beens but they are in the gym, busting their asses, winning meets, breaking through barriers. Do you think in 1960, they could have envisioned Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman? Almost scary because it makes you wonder what guys will be doing 30 years from now.

Of course genetics have something to do with everything we do, every day of our lives, whether it be lifting a weight or sculpting a tree but to say that you genetically can't is the perfect cop-out. It's the perfect cop-out because it's impossible to prove and the easiest thing in the world to claim.

"I didn't fail because I'm lazy and have a negative attitude, I just don't have the genetics."

What a crock! Unless you genetically inherited being a loser from your loser parents, this sentence carries no weight with me. I don't know if there's a "loser" gene, but it wouldn't surprise me. Can you picture that? "Why are you such a loser?"

"I get it from my parents." LOL

There are six billion people on this planet. In the end, that means that 5,999,999,999 of you will be forced to take second place to me! :D

fucking awesome post!!! Veni Vidi Vici!

The secret is CONSISTENCY.

Ask yourself this:

If for a whole year, you will not miss any workouts, any sleep, any meals or any injections, what will you look like at the end of the year? Damn good, right?

Now imagine doing the above for 10 years. What will you look like? Like a pro!

Forget about genetics. HONEST CONSISTENCY is the answer.

This is so true.. and not just BB.. PL is the same, consistency in nutrition, rest, sleep, rehab/prehab,, it all ADDS up to greater than the whole.

Good post Big A

SPOT EFFIN ON!

Big A is absolutely correct, say what you will but he didn't say a top pro but the size of a pro.

I will also say that consistency is very difficult, if it were easy everyone would be walking around huge.

Be well.

Boss

People really need to read this thread cause it's dead on by Big A...I get so tired of the ALL DRUGS and TAKE AS MUCH GH AS YOU CAN AFFORD...

THE bottom line is what is left at the end of your cycle if you ever come off...
you have to be consistent in dieting, training, and on and off times with the hormones.
I have said many times over the years-ANYONE CAN GAIN 100 LBS OF MASS OVER THEIR STARTING WEIGHT if you started at 180 you could reach 280 or more...will you be a pro? No, will you be healthy...well that all depends on how you get there and what you use...someone banging tren and orals...not so good...somebody blasting with moderate doses under 2 grams (anabolic/androgen max combined dosage) a week and then cruising with HRT doses and low dosed GH avoiding the metabolic crash...well he's gonna be big and healtheir than his counter part who will be like a yoyo big bloated and then shrink like a nutsack when he comes off.

Use your head and do it the right way...

You make a great point. It's funny, there's a kid who just joined the gym a few months back who is absolutely huge. But the thing is, he doesnt look good at all. He's maybe 22 years old and has been on aas and growth for years and has put on so much size over a short amount of time, it just doesnt look right. I don't know how to explain it, but my wife says that he's just too young to be that big.

Consistency-Sleep, food, training; BiG A has it right! The challenge is how do you balance your life outside of BodyBuilding? Marriage, children, work take a toll on all of us. I believe my friends who are PRO BB's have sacrificed more than I was willing to do. None of them are married and if they do have children their ex's are raising them.

2 years ago I watched 3 super heavies at the NPC Master Nationals place 1, 2, 3. These 3 I placed 2nd to in past years; none of these guys are married. 2 of them are close friends of mine and 1 turned PRO and actually does pretty good in some smaller PRO shows. Bottom line is these guys live the life but have sacrificed alot.

hardwork beats genetics everytime
look at dorian yates
look at ronny coleman beating flex wheeler
then again i m just a nobody but thats just how i see it
dorian out worked everybody
ronnie out worked everybody
hardwork pays off

you all missed big A's point, consistency in training, food, rest and DRUGS....

alot of posts have missed the latter off, and it is a huge part of the mix, come off your gear for a few years and see how big a part it plays

i had 2 n half year off and was just as consistant in everything else and it wasnt nice!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws