advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"THE THINK TANK" - A Unique Perspective into the Mental and Physical Aspects of our S

I feel for you M n B; I hate being laid up. I spent the past week in San Diego hanging out with my union brothers and sisters in the natural gas industry....beautiful weather down there. Spent the afternoon touring the USS Midway aircraft carrier museum.....impressive.

Thanks, Grav. I'm not laid up all the way plumb. I can train upper body and my right leg. It's awkward, kind of like my weak left leg spots for my stronger right one. I can hit the hamstring and calf pretty hard but not the quad. Not getting too far ahead of myself here. Going to see what the options are.

Love San Diego.

This is difficult to do at times, but......................

-MT

Attachments

• sometimes.jpg
    sometimes.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 218
Going in a week from today to have my left knee replacement redone. Mainly, detach the tibia, clean that up, and put in a new attachment that will hold the tibia better. Not as severe as the original replacement, but a 5-6 week recovery. I won't be off upper body more than a few days plus try to maintain my other leg. Basically what I've already been doing for a while. This sucker has given me grief since I came back from the open heart surgery.

MnB,

I'm glad you made the decision to get this done.
I know it's been a thorn in your side for way too long.

Just another bump in the road Bro, that's all ;).

You'll be in my prayers as always my friend.

Talk soon,

-MT

Going in a week from today to have my left knee replacement redone. Mainly, detach the tibia, clean that up, and put in a new attachment that will hold the tibia better. Not as severe as the original replacement, but a 5-6 week recovery. I won't be off upper body more than a few days plus try to maintain my other leg. Basically what I've already been doing for a while. This sucker has given me grief since I came back from the open heart surgery.

Home from surgery. They did a whole new replacement. This is gonna take a while

Wow......more new stuff. I need some new stuff......:D. Hopefully you will be better than ever!

Seriously considering easing down to thye gym today for some upper body. Will be mostly machine work if I do. May wait one more day.

Me too Gravs,

Basically everything from head to toe plus a hot new fast metabolism.

The only thing growing on me these days are my love handles :mad:!

-M:banghead:T

Wow......more new stuff. I need some new stuff......:D. Hopefully you will be better than ever!

Been playing a lot of racquetball lately, I seem to have a little better endurance now. Not great but definitely improved, hopefully some of my previous shortness of breath was just due to being out of shape.

A girl in one of the schools here happens to be dating the 10th best professional racquetball player in the world. We got to play last night, he gave me a lesson, and then I asked him to play a full game without holding back, and he won 15-1. Was really amazing seeing someone that good at a sport. His girlfriend crushed everyone in the tournament two years ago (before I had played at all), beating everyone 15-0 to 15-2, and he's much better than her.

Lifting is going ok, but mostly just maintaining at this point and working on my cardio health.

Checking in, sorry I haven't been around much. Busy with mostly family stuff, but it has been all good recently.

Almost Home................

Letting this wave dissolve in the under current.

-MT

[ame="http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czw4HjgZ9Fs"]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czw4HjgZ9Fs[/ame]

My son brought home the Strong Sleeve below over Thanksgiving and I feel like a "almost" young guy again when I squat. It has just the right amount of support and allows me to move the weight with assurance. Worth a try if you enjoy squatting.....tricky to put on but once you figure it out your good to go.

**broken link removed**

Highest Level of Performance

Comparable in strength to a light knee wrap, but with the convenience and comfort of leaving them on throughout the entire workout, these STrong Sleeves have been tested at the World Famous Super Training Gym for over one year by Mark “Smelly” Bell and “Silent” Mike. The STrong Sleeve provides mild compression with strong rebound to allow a lifter to take on max weights with confidence.

My son brought home the Strong Sleeve below over Thanksgiving and I feel like a "almost" young guy again when I squat. It has just the right amount of support and allows me to move the weight with assurance. Worth a try if you enjoy squatting.....tricky to put on but once you figure it out your good to go.

**broken link removed**

Highest Level of Performance

Comparable in strength to a light knee wrap, but with the convenience and comfort of leaving them on throughout the entire workout, these STrong Sleeves have been tested at the World Famous Super Training Gym for over one year by Mark “Smelly” Bell and “Silent” Mike. The STrong Sleeve provides mild compression with strong rebound to allow a lifter to take on max weights with confidence.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22995993

"The elastic properties of knee wraps increased mechanical output but altered back squat technique in a way that is likely to alter the musculature targeted by the exercise and possibly compromise the integrity of the knee joint. Knee wraps should not be worn during the strength and condition process, and perceived weakness in the knee joint should be assessed and treated."

Just a heads up. I don't have any personal experience with knee sleeves or wraps.

Beginners should not wear wraps for leg work, I believe. They should allow for the adaptive process to take place in the connective and stabilizing tissue. Wraps are a good tool for the well experienced leg trainee, and even then not used for every working set. When I squatted a lot, I didn't wrap up until my 315 set or beyond.
I do know wraps are useful for us older guys to stabilize old wear and tear relatively minor injuries, and I think this is the application where Gravel is finding relief. I have a good old set of wraps in my bag. I doubt that I'll ever need them again , unfortunately. It's going to be a different world of leg training for me now.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22995993

"The elastic properties of knee wraps increased mechanical output but altered back squat technique in a way that is likely to alter the musculature targeted by the exercise and possibly compromise the integrity of the knee joint. Knee wraps should not be worn during the strength and condition process, and perceived weakness in the knee joint should be assessed and treated."

Just a heads up. I don't have any personal experience with knee sleeves or wraps.

I like training heavier than I probably should; the sleeves are awesome for me.

Beginners should not wear wraps for leg work, I believe. They should allow for the adaptive process to take place in the connective and stabilizing tissue. Wraps are a good tool for the well experienced leg trainee, and even then not used for every working set. When I squatted a lot, I didn't wrap up until my 315 set or beyond.
I do know wraps are useful for us older guys to stabilize old wear and tear relatively minor injuries, and I think this is the application where Gravel is finding relief. I have a good old set of wraps in my bag. I doubt that I'll ever need them again , unfortunately. It's going to be a different world of leg training for me now.

The sleeves are ideal; I warm up with them folded down then once I get to 315lbs I pull them over my knees. My right knee has a staple in it and a new ACL so I am cautious and like the security of the tight sleeve.

Last edited:
On the same topic here... How would you guys advise someone on how to strengthen our joints-ligaments from the continues lifting ?after 16 years of training I have some tenonditis issues starting to creep up... Knee, shoulder, elbow...
How we could 'train 'them in order to become stronger ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's up, gang? Though I'd dig this good old thread up and see if we could hear from everyone. I hope all are well.
My training has focused a lot on rehabbing the new knee I got in October. What a drag... this was the most painful surgery recovery I've ever had (out of a total of 10) and for several weeks I wasn't sure if this was going to be ok or not. The pain was constant; kept me up at night, even with pain meds it gnawed at me all day. The open heart surgery was a less painful recovery. I could take a pill and sort of get comfortable... not with this knee. Rehab was brutal. I sometimes despaired of ever walking normally again, much less train legs.
By the first of the year, however, it began to turn around. I tapered off pain meds and rehab got easier. ROM steadily increased and I began to see measureable progress. It was a big deal when I could get out of a chair without using my hands. Then I could pedal the exercise bike. Next was box squats below parallel with body weight and leg press pretty deep.
Now I can dash around almost pain free. I have a pretty typical leg training routine, even thought it is still very light and my left leg is still quite atrophied. I have very little pain now and am well satisfied with the results of my surgery. The left leg function is normal. Just a matter of getting some size and strength back into it.
I'm off to do that leg routine now.... I hope all our regulars and irregulars check in.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws