advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Thinking Bodybuilder's Toolbox for health.(bp,cholesterol,heart,kidney,liver)

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
These are just some notes I have had for a while that I have accumulated for myself to be the healthiest bodybuilder possible. When we live this lifestyle and expose ourselves to the possible health risks in the long run, its probably in our best interests to have the mental fortitude to take care of our health and do what we can that is proactive.

Please feel free to add notes or your own opinions on what is on here, ask questions, and suggest other things that might be in our best interests.
Sorry if it seems just jotted out or thrown together but its a start towards a list, bouncing ideas off eachother, and educating eachother about what is on here and what should be on here and how we should take it to prevent health problems down the line.

Fish Oil...probably the best supplement out there for health. I like to take 10 a day.

NAC (best liver support out there)-glutathione precursor...seems 2-3g a day is suggested as fantastic for health.

NA-R-ala, or R-ala.....Super Anti-oxidant, liver support, glucose disposal agent 300-600mg/day

Vitamin D....5,000-10,000iu/day

Vitamin C....2-4g/day

Vitamin E....400iu 2x daily

Vitamin B complex......once daily

Niacin(flush)...non-flush seems to not work as well. (vitamin b3)

Ubiquinol...superior form of co-q-10. Cardiovascular health and anti-oxidant

Baby Aspirin....81mg to prevent heart attack/stroke, thin blood, help blood pressure

Saw Palmetto....prostate health

Apple Cider Vinegar.

(the following three are from a board sponsor and have been well documented by lk3 and phil)
Injectable CURCUMIN
Injectable GLUTATHIONE
Injectable RESVERATROL

****Some other things I have read about but don't know if they are essentials for everyone****

Tyler's Liver Detox
Nsi Hawthorne Extract
Himalya Heart Care
Iforce Heart Help
Magnesium Oratate(cardiomag 2.0)
Nattokinase
Tocotrienols
Sesamin(works in rats....not sure how effective it would be or how important)
Red Yeast Rice...many experts would opt to use this as a last resort to lowering cholesterol

Last edited:
I would say i do about 75% of what you have up there currently, most supps i take are for health purposes and not sports supplements

Great list matey... you know your supplements ;)

I could add a few bits but there are 1000's of supplements and I think you have listed out great ones so no need really.

Although I will add a few other drinks I feel can be beneficial for the bb and well everyone.

Green Tea (white and black too)... too many benefits to list
Beetroot Juice... Cardiovascular health (blood pressure)
Lemon Water (immune support, balances ph, digestion, detox)

awesome thread. i recently made a few threads looking for some advice about keeping healthy/blood work questions etc...maybe i can direct some of you to chime in there too, that'd be great!:)(i'll list them below)

oh and ill chime in here so i dont look like im hi-jacking this thread...coq-10, DHEA, and cinnamon are other goodies to consider;)

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/99850-donating-blood.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...scle-forum/99807-blood-work-blast-cruise.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f.../99814-blast-cruise-go-off-pct-clean-out.html

Honestly I think you are asking for trouble taking all that. I recommend eating fruits and vegetables and doing cardio instead. Fish Oil is the only one I would take on that list, and I would rather just eat more fish but it's expensive.

I'd like to add that I understand intimately how each one of those supplements work (except for a few brand names I don't recognize), and I know of positives and negatives of taking each one.

Last edited:
That's a pretty good post, I would post up some researching proving these good supps so people can see how beneficial they can me.

Most supps will probably be mentioned, so I wont bother with the typical, but I came across one recently that I think would be quite interesting to us bodybuilders, and it's cheap and tastes great. I picked it up it up from a reputable store in china town.

Chrysanthemum tea

10 Health Benefits Of Chrysanthemum Tea | Be Well Buzz

As soon as I read everything it does, I though damn, this is the perfect thing to use when I run Tren... Boosts immune system, detox of the liver, lowers cholesterol, rejuvenates the brain and calms the nerves, eases giddiness, helps dry eyes, strengthens the lungs and aids with shortness of breathe, eases digestion. Even a small benefit in these departments would be great. Somebody made this tea for bodybuilder's lol... I'm using it now and love it, try it out. (it's also a natural sweetener)

Red Palm Oil

"The benefits of red palm oil to health include a reduction in the risk of arterial thrombosis and/or atherosclerosis, inhibition of endogenous cholesterol biosynthesis, platelet aggregation, a reduction in oxidative stress and a reduction in blood pressure. It has also been shown that dietary red palm oil, taken in moderation in animals and humans, promotes the efficient utilisation of nutrients, activates hepatic drug metabolising enzymes, facilitates the haemoglobinisation of red blood cells and improves immune function. This review provides a comprehensive overview of the nutritional, physiological and biochemical roles of red palm oil in improving wellbeing and quality of life."

Red palm oil: nutritional, physiological and... [Br J Biomed Sci. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

Red Palm Oil

"The benefits of red palm oil to health include a reduction in the risk of arterial thrombosis and/or atherosclerosis, inhibition of endogenous cholesterol biosynthesis, platelet aggregation, a reduction in oxidative stress and a reduction in blood pressure. It has also been shown that dietary red palm oil, taken in moderation in animals and humans, promotes the efficient utilisation of nutrients, activates hepatic drug metabolising enzymes, facilitates the haemoglobinisation of red blood cells and improves immune function. This review provides a comprehensive overview of the nutritional, physiological and biochemical roles of red palm oil in improving wellbeing and quality of life."

Red palm oil: nutritional, physiological and... [Br J Biomed Sci. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

That looks interesting, my doctor has mentioned this one to me but I never took the time to look it up, thanks.

Honestly I think you are asking for trouble taking all that. I recommend eating fruits and vegetables and doing cardio instead. Fish Oil is the only one I would take on that list, and I would rather just eat more fish but it's expensive.

I'd like to add that I understand intimately how each one of those supplements work (except for a few brand names I don't recognize), and I know of positives and negatives of taking each one.

I take all "that" and then some. Olive leaf extract, Hawthorne, garlic, alcar, green coffee bean, raspberry ketones, tocopherols, resv, gte, cinnamon, loaded multi, etc etc. Bit of a supplement junky. I often wonder if I'm actually stressing my renal system or liver MORE by taking all these things daily.

Maybe I should streamline my protocol. Love to hear your logic/hypothesis on how this could actually be detrimental.

Last edited:
As I stated earlier all of those supplements are great. Although I used to take tonnes of supplements and one day just realized how is it good taking 30-40 tabs per day of about 15 different supplements. My logic was I am just flooding my body with all these different things and it is probably thinking wtf. They all have their benefits but I realized how much of a difference are they actually making. Alot of it to me is the common bodybuilder mentality of more is always best. You take 1 for this and 1 for that... then another to counteract this and that. I 100% believe in supplements but now I follow a really simple approach for most things.

Obviously rotation is used and things added especially when using toxic aas such as adrol, dbol, tren etc. But right now I am using...

Fish Oil... approx 10 grams per day
Vitamin C... 3 grams per day
Vitamin B Complex... 1 tab per day
Garlic... 2g per day

Sometimes Arginine pre training
Sometimes Green Tea Extract in the morning
Sometimes Cinnamon Extract

60mg dbol :D

someone here belives that if you control your BP, monitor cholesterol, triglicerides, creatinine and do cardio you have the same death rate of a non steroid user?

or steroids could improve death rate per si?

Great idea for a thread!

Health conscious things to do/keep in mind for bodybuilders:

Cardio:
Cardio 4-5x per week, 20-30 mins on elliptical or stairmaster, or something else easy on the knees and joints. Maybe a brisk walk with your dog in the morning around the block for 30 mins. Doesn't matter if you're an ecto and you are scared of burning calories or burning muscle, make up for it by eating more. Doesn't matter if you can get "cut" without cardio, do it for your health

BP: Monitor Blood Pressure Regularly. Be aware of the timing on readings because certain times have different readings ie right after exercise, right after a large high sodium meal, etc. If on the higher side, might want to utilize baby aspirins at 81mg. But it won't do jack shit if you're at something like 160/100 lmao, will need BP meds for that or a reassessment of your cycle/compounds.

Bloodwork: Get bloodwork done, at least every 3-6 months. Optimally you would do it before, during, and after a cycle. Go to privatemdlabs.com if you want a private blood panel done.

Blood Donations/Phlebotomy: Donate blood while off cycle right after a cruise and right before blasting again. Ideally during this period because the hormones other than cruise doses of test are out of your system. Ethically, it's wrong to donate while on cycle because some random old person on the verge of death can be getting your juiced up tren blood. So, morally, if you are in the middle of a cycle you should go to a doc rather than the bloodbank and get a phlebotomy done.

Fruit/Veggie: Listen to your mom and eat your fruits and veggies. Try a variety, but my staple in my fruit diet is fresh pineapple i cut myself, because it has liver detoxifying properties and anti-inflammatory properties. My surgeon once told me that you need to buy fresh pineapple because the canned ones dont provide the same benefit.

Meats: If you have the money, opt for organic and grass fed meats and free-range cagefree eggs/chicken, raw grass fed milk (can get expensive quick though which is why many cant do this). Won't make you grow any bigger or faster but it will have a positive impact on your bloodwork if it is bad... Keep the red meat consumption down and eat more fish and chicken. Go to a fish market or asian grocery store or something instead of eating the same salmon/canned tuna/tilapia. Variety is the spice of life! Even Evan Centopani says he does this, and he is one of the most health conscious, intelligent pros ever. If you are in a culturally diverse area, try new foods from different cultures, spice up your life, it might even make for an interesting date night. lots of interesting foods out there from different cultures

Fluids: stay hydrated with a lot of water, especially if you are on tren to help flush out the metabolites. Ideally, you should just drink a shitload of tea. Don't go buying commercial tea, if you want to ahve some fun with this, go to a chinese herb shop and try all the teas/smell them. There are a ton of different kinds and a lot of them have plentiful health benefits and different tastes. Personally my favorite is jasmine green tea because it has a very flowery taste. Pure cranberry juice not from concentrate is great to help flush your body

Massage Therapy/Foam Rolling: Helps promote fascia stretching, loosens up muscle, accelerates recovery, helps prevent scar tissue formation, keeps muscles from knotting, helps promote better nutrient/oxygen/blood delivery in the massaged areas, etc

I have lots more to add to this, lots more to add on everything above and also other things, esp my take on roids and which ones are especially bad and not worth running, and which ones are good with minimal damage, things to do for joint/tendon health etc maybe will add later

currently taking a rather long list myself:
cinnamon
vit c
mulit
fish oil
prime rose oil
dhea
baby aspirin
coq-10
niacin
dbol:D
MP liver support
looking to switch to just essentials tho. thinking of just vit c, multi, fish oil maybe coq-10 not sure?

Cinnamon is a great one that I forgot!

Coq10 is obsolete. Ubiquinol ftw.

Kaladryn...it irks me what you said..only cuz I value your opinions immensely. Please elaborate.

Excellent thread! I love this idea and concept, its something I seem to care more and more about as I age, I'm sure Stewie will have some very good input to add in here as well as other members.

The Thinking Bodybuilder's Toolbox for health.(bp,cholesterol,heart,kidney,live

With that much fish oil, you don't need the baby aspirin. Fish oil is great at thinning the blood as is.

Great list, I do everything minus the aspirin and coq10, I also take no flush niacin. Lol I can't take the heat and itching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You guys forgetting sumpin?
Injectable B12

found DC's post on curcumin

Inhibition and Prevention of Cancer

•Human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC): curcumin treatment resulted both in the inhibition in the growth of these tumor cells, as well as an increase in death of these tumor cells
•Oral cancer: When applied three times per week to the affected area in the mouth, curcumin inhibited the growth of chemically-induced oral cancers with a noted increase in effect if administered with green tea extract.
•Hepatic cancer: Curcumin given orally resulted in decreased growth and increased tumor cell death in animal models.
•Mantle cell lymphoma: These tumor cells showed a significant inhibition of cell proliferation when treated with active curcumin
•Non-small cell lung cancer: Curcumin has been shown to increase sensitivity to a specific chemotherapy (IFN-Gamma) which, without curcumin, was relatively insensitive to this particular cancer type.
•Colon cancer and polyps: The oral administration of curcumin has been shown in multiple rodent models to inhibit polyp formation as well as increasing cell death in existing colon cancer lesions.

Cardiovascular Benefits

With several recent studies focusing on the beneficial effects of polyphenol-based dietary components such as red wine on vascular health, curcumin has been shown to improve several aspects of cardiovascular health.

•High homocysteine levels: Patients with high homocysteine levels have been found to have endothelial cells which do not function properly. Endothelial cells are those cells which line the inside of our blood vessels and, amongst other functions, prevent blood from clotting and plaques from forming. Curcumin has been found to prevent this dysfunction. It was suggested that dietary curcumin play a role in the treatment of patients with high homocysteine levels.
•Atherosclerotic lesions: : Curcumin treatment resulted in a significant decrease in early atherosclerotic lesions (fatty streaks) in rabbits fed high fat and cholesterol diets.
•Oxidized-LDL levels: Curcumin given at a dose of 1.66mg/kg body weight orally to rabbits fed a high fat and cholesterol diet resulted in a significant decrease in oxidized-LDL levels after 7 weeks of treatment.
•C-reactive protein (CRP)-induced vascular damage: CRP is a protein which the body produces as a marker of inflammation and has been shown damage endothelial cells. This results in increased evidence vascular disease and blood clotting. Curcumin treatment was shown to completely inhibit the effect of CRP on these endothelial cells.

Anti-inflammatory Properties

•COX-2 inhibitor: Recently, commercially available COX-2 inhibitors have fallen under much scrutiny in the treatment of arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. Curcumin has been shown to potently inhibit the COX-2 enzyme in a variety of cell types.
•Traumatic shock: After accidents and trauma, large quantities of blood loss can cause the body to fail and organ systems to shut down as a result of a massive inflammatory reaction. Curcumin was found to lower the serum levels of certain inflammatory proteins to normal in these cases.
•Rheumatoid arthritis: A trial in humans was conducted to determine the effects of curcumin on the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Eighteen patients were administered 1200mg/d of curcumin for two weeks and it was found that this treatment regimen resulted in a significant improvement in morning stiffness, walking time, and joint swelling.

Safety and Absorption

•It has been estimated that the average daily intake of turmeric in the Indian diet is about 2-2.5g which equates to about 60-100mg of curcumin daily.
•Curcumin at a dose of 1.8g/kg/day was given to rats and 0.9g/kg/day to monkeys with no toxicity or adverse events.
•A phase I clinical trial in humans was carried out to determine associated toxicity with high dose curcumin administration. Subjects were fed 8000mg of curcumin per day and experienced no toxic effects.
•Several clinical studies have used doses of 1000-2000mg/day of pure curcumin with no reports of toxic effects or adverse outcomes in humans.
•Absorption (blood levels) after oral administration was highest 1-2 hours after dosing and decreased to undetectable after 12 hours.

*****Researchers in France fed 20 mice a diet supplemented with curcumin or a comparison diet not supplemented with curcumin. After 16 weeks, mice fed on the curcumin-based diet had a 26% reduction in fatty deposits in their arteries compared to mice on the comparison diet.

In addition, curcumin appeared to alter the genetic signaling involved in plaque buildup at the molecular level.

*****The protective role of curcumin in cardiovascu... [Int J Cardiol. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI

*****Abstract 1482: Curcumin Attenuates Cardiac Hypertrophy and Left Ventricular Remodeling Secondary to Experimental Chronic Renal Failure Independent of Blood Pressure in Nephrectomized Rats -- Ghosh et al. 118 (10018): S_334 -- Circulation

*******broken link removed**

Where i think the real benefit lies is every lifter (especially sauced lifters and especially lifters who use a combo of gh and AAS) have a degree of LVH/cardiomyopathy.....besides its anti cancer and fatty deposits benefits.....preventing and reversing heart enlargement is something that virtually no other compound does yet its a main worry for any and all bodybuilders. I know of a heavy gh user on this very board who died from just that and we all know Chris250 (also Maldorf) wound up in the hospital due to heart enlargement. Unfortunately its usually one of those things (cardiomyopathy) thats a huge problem in the lifting community but nobody knows about it till you drop dead or you have serious problems warranting a trip to the ER.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear