over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Truth about abdominal distension

bigheinz said:
Yeah, yeah, but some of those guys are always in the same class and some times they come with less weight than the year before.

I was coming heavier every year and that maked the difference betwing me and the others competitors.

My best friend and client stated in the welter class and now he is heavy weight champ even here in miami, eating like a pig and then burning the fat, i show hes progress here in the past, hes name is Marcos Vizcaino you can see him in http://www.ironpeople.com/makeover.html#

i know what you mean, heinz. the same people win the same weight class year after year. 5-10 years pass and they look exactly the same.

Phil,
thanks for the advice. Trust me, i'm learning from my mistakes and never again will i try to add weight so quickly by just stuffing myself, even if it's "clean" stuffing. Well, i only have around 15 more lbs to reach my goal in bodybuilding... i guess i should take it slow...

I just learned from my teachers, how to build muscle faster with the inspiration of Dorian yates and others like lee Priest, getting bigger and better year after year, gaining over 50 pounds in the off season and it works for me and my competitors.

Vince taylor went to venezuela in 1993 for a seminar and guest posing, he was off season and with celulitis in abs and glutes, people ask him about hes diet and he sayd " food for diet is for when you are in diet, in the off season i eat a lot and even junk food."

I just gain 35 pounds over my competition weight lat year and this year i am panning around the same ...but i agree it depends of your goals or your weight class.

it's a lot more fun when you just have to make sure you ate enough protein and then eat anything else you want. but i hate being that fat in the offseason... people who have even fat distribution are lucky when it comes to this... but i don't. i only gain fat in the love handles mostly, and in the lower abdominal region. So, when you have distension+15% fat and you only gain that around the waist, you end up with a 38-40 inch waist and 17 inch arms... it just looks stupid... and i hate feeling winded every time i go up a damn set of stairs. So this year, i'm only going to eat 200 cals over maintenance, and whenever i stop gaining i'll increase another 200 cals all from protein.
but as phil said, the older you get, the more loose skin you'll accumulate from all that yoyoing in weight...

I know when I was squating heavy....My stomach was hard but somewhat larger than most......Id eat and eat but tried to stay under 250.....So IMO its from overeating and pushing heavy squats all the time...Im talking well over 600...

I beleive that test is somewhat of a culprit here...Im 6 weeks off and my distension is gone completely.....

Vince taylor went to venezuela in 1993 for a seminar and guest posing, he was off season and with celulitis in abs and glutes, people ask him about hes diet and he sayd " food for diet is for when you are in diet, in the off season i eat a lot and even junk food."
I don't know if Vince Taylor was BSing or what but in a recent BB.com interview he says he eats as few as only one meal per day. At McDonalds. And drinks a lot of regular Coca-Cola.

[ DR ] How has your diet evolved over the years?

VT: That is the worst thing ever (laughs). It still is and will never change.

My diet will never change... Coca Cola, red meat and ketchup.
I will always have my Coca Cola. Right now it gets blended with a little scotch most of the time, and I have my beer.
My diet has always been relaxed. It has never been one of those strict diets.

I always try to maintain at least three meals a day, sometimes this is very hard. Sometimes it is one or two. This time around I have bumped it to five meals by adding two shakes to my diet. But overall I'm not a big food consumer, never have been, never would be. So nothing has really changed there.

[ DR ] That is a very unorthodox approach. What is the composition of your diet?

VT: High protein. High carbohydrates I have very seldom, especially now I have been training hard for the last seven months or so. My carb intake has always been low. I don't like breads and don't eat a lot of potatoes and white rice. You won't find my type of eating habits in home. My eating habits are more Burger King burgers - I do this often. My main meal is breakfast, which is bacon, eggs, ketchup.

[ DR ] If this works for you it works for you, but not a lot of guys would be following that.

VT: There you go, it is nothing you can right stories about. I do it because I like it.

[ DR ] Three meals a day seems inconceivable for a top tier bodybuilder like yourself?

VT: About three usually. It might be down to two depending on if I eat or skip breakfast. I'm out the door to the gym. Come home and have a meal between 12 and one. Back to the gym at five, come home and have something to eat, and have my scotch. All of a sudden you have only had two or three meals for the day. I'm used to that. I can go all day with only one meal.
Hahaha that's some advanced scientific dieting LOL.

Last edited:
KillerStack said:
I don't know if Vince Taylor was BSing or what but in a recent BB.com interview he says he eats as few as only one meal per day. At McDonalds. And drinks a lot of regular Coca-Cola.

Hahaha that's some advanced scientific dieting LOL.

Well he has an amaizing genetics.
Gustavo Badell is one of the newest examples, he competed in 255 in San francisco in may 2006 and there are soem pics everywhere at 280 5 weeks before the O, there was ronnie, gunter full of water and some fat, imaging their offseason, is like 40 to 50 pounds, the only guy i see in exellent shape in the top mr. o the whole year is Jay.

Dorina used to weight 330 pounds off season with a big big stomach distension, i think hes valeo belt was XXXL.

I think it depends of your goals or how fast your body responds to build new muscle, or reach your goals for your next competition.

Staff online

• Bio
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224