over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The whole "70s guys didnt abuse drugs" is a bunch of BS

Guess what...you're absolutely correct! I met a reporter for muscle and fitness who knew Arnold. He said Arnold would fill his hand with dbol and eat the whole damn thing. He was doing 1,000mg per day. People are so full of shit everywhere with their low dose lies.

Dbol used to come in 1mg tabs back in the day

then 2.5mg and now 5 and 10

it wasn't that uncommon to see guys go down 30 -40 lbs off cycle. thinking back i have to chuckle at the amount of guys i remember with the bloated faces.

Dbol used to come in 1mg tabs back in the day

then 2.5mg and now 5 and 10

Damn! At 1mg per tab, you will need LOTS to get 1000mg. He must be downing a lot of anti-e and silymarin too I guess.

Last edited:
they had a totally different diet aswell probably why they never really achieved crazy size limiting their carbs by drastic amounts probably consuming 1g per lb and they really only ate 3 meals something along the lines of breakfast eggs steak bread snack eggs milk cream shake lunch 1 lb meat bread salad train dinner 1 lb meat salad bread before bed shake eggs cream milk so besides cals being high they never really triggered insulin by consuming alot of carbs ,, i agree they probably used higher amounts of AAS then they claim but they were getting 100% legit I do not know who can truly say they have consistently used 100% legit products for significant periods.

I read an interview were Sergio Oliva stated he had a cookie jar filled with several types or orals and he just take a handful 2 x day...

This thread is loaded with fallacy..

Arnold used to take handfuls of Dianabol per day, BUT--5mg Dianabol pills add up, and that's what he used. So if a "handful" of Dianabol is 4-5 pills, he could do that several times per day and still be way below 100mg per day. Not a ton of Dbol.

In addition, the people who advised bodybuilders about how to use steroids were...DOCTORS! So, if doctor was suggesting 200-300mg of Deca and Test, I am sure they did 400-600 of each.

HOWEVER--that is a FAR cry from abuse, especially compared to today's standards. There was no high dosages of Testosterone, it was unheard of and thought to be "dirty", which is why there was no Gyno. There was no Tren, although "Parabolan" came soon after. There was lots of Dianabol, Primobolan, Deca, Anadrol, and Anavar.

Sorry if it discourages you that the OLD SCHOOL guys accomplished so much with so little drugs. Look at REG PARK! All-natural! I hate to sound cocky, but I look better than most of the guys I know that use MASSIVE dosages. To me, the dosages that Arnold used WERE high, as are mine. The dosages of modern bodybuilders(pro and amateur) are just downright RIDICULOUS..

Last edited:
I read an interview were Sergio Oliva stated he had a cookie jar filled with several types or orals and he just take a handful 2 x day...

LOL.... Recipe for 70's bodybuilding stardom

1. Train like a lunatic 6 hours a day or so 4-5 days a week
2. Eat lots of meat.
3. Take fistfuls of anabolics.
4. Remember MORE is always better except when your on a diet.

:eek:

i dont know how anyone can think arnold used low doses of anything.he was the type of person who did whatever it took win.very ambitous.
as far as his lying about it.
he was competitive bb and governor:D

This thread is loaded with fallacy..

Arnold used to take handfuls of Dianabol per day, BUT--5mg Dianabol pills add up, and that's what he used. So if a "handful" of Dianabol is 4-5 pills, he could do that several times per day and still be way below 100mg per day. Not a ton of Dbol.

In addition, the people who advised bodybuilders about how to use steroids were...DOCTORS! So, if doctor was suggesting 200-300mg of Deca and Test, I am sure they did 400-600 of each.

HOWEVER--that is a FAR cry from abuse, especially compared to today's standards. There was no high dosages of Testosterone, it was unheard of and thought to be "dirty", which is why there was no Gyno. There was no Tren, although "Parabolan" came soon after. There was lots of Dianabol, Primobolan, Deca, Anadrol, and Anavar.

Sorry if it discourages you that the OLD SCHOOL guys accomplished so much with so little drugs. Look at REG PARK! All-natural! I hate to sound cocky, but I look better than most of the guys I know that use MASSIVE dosages. To me, the dosages that Arnold used WERE high, as are mine. The dosages of modern bodybuilders(pro and amateur) are just downright RIDICULOUS..

Damn, Ross, you know we've had arguments about this in the past, and I have a physical chemistry midterm worth 50% in 2 days so I'll keep it short as much as I`d love to get in the action here.

Dr Ziegler, the creator of dbol later regretted releasing the product saying it was the biggest mistake he`s ever made. I don`t have time to get the exact quote and interview. Weightlifters were using 100-200mg a day steadily. His prescriptions were for 5-15mg if I remember correctly. You don`t think BBers who need more than strength athletes for their look were using more than 100-200mg... Come on!

These days, we know what dbol can do to your liver, we are a more educated bunch as users, thanks to guys like Duchaine and internet boards for people to share knowledge. Most users are not on the internet but information trickles down eventually. They know that eating 25dbols a day is probably a bad idea, but mainly, that kind of abuse has gone DOWN because of price increases, availability, quality and legal concerns. So yes, people are more educated, but what really stops the steroid abuser is not a concern for his health, but mainly the factors I outlined above.

After its all said and done,,,your exactly right. I would hate to guess and assume.

True, but we have tidbits of information that we can synthesize in to one, big, coherent picture of what they used and how much.

Again, there is just no way that guys were using thousands of miligrams of Testosterone or any other androgen. They THOUGHT that 600g WAS high! They DID think that they were using "HIGH DOSAGES", and in my opinion--and by medical standards--they ARE indeed high. The dosages(and types of drugs used) of modern bodybuilders are just downright INSANE.

Again, THEY THOUGHT that they were using high dosages, based on what the Doc suggested.

Last edited:
True, but we have tidbits of information that we can synthesize in to one, big, coherent picture of what they used and how much.

Again, there is just no way that guys were using thousands of miligrams of Testosterone or any other androgen. They THOUGHT that 600g WAS high! They did think they were using "HIGH DOSAGES" and in my opinion--and by medical standards--ARE indeed high. The dosages of modern bodybuilders is just downright INSANE.

Again, THEY THOUGHT that they were using high dosages, based on what the Doc suggested.

You are giving these guys too much credit. This ideas of mg and concentration is more recent in users and even to this day, many if not most users go by `shots, ccs, bottles`Chances are they didn`t conclude that 600mg was a lot or even make that distinct. They most likely did not care about sides or even understand them. Carefree living. They did as much as they could get and as much as they could comfortably be bothered injecting and swallowing.

As far as Alin`s post:

After its all said and done,,,your exactly right. I would hate to guess and assume.

You can go by human nature, a champion`s mindset of doing everything possible to win, and availability and cost of the compounds. You can also look at what is happening in the present.

The biggest difference in yesterdays pro BBing vs today`s:

-Training. Completely different. They used to go balls to the wall, today`s pros don`t as everyone realizes you make better gains with good rest
-GH, Insulin, IGF1
-Diuretics, water manipulation
-Testosterone doses, much lower back then **edit overlooked**
-Obscure growth factors, experimental products.

It has very little to do with AAS dose. They had better quality AAS, Pros today might have access to a better selections, but more inconsistent quality.

Anyone who thinks Arnold didn`t use Tren, Please!!! It was available in his day.

Last edited:
Ross' AAS Dosage Guide:

(*) "Internet Dosages" are NOT to be followed! They are listed here for presentation ONLY!

Dianabol:

Low: 15-25mg
High: 30-50mg
Internet Dosage: 50-100mg

Testosterone:

Low: 150-250mg
High: 400-600mg
Internet Dosage: 750-1,000mg

Deca:

Low: 200-300mg
Internet Dosage: 800-1,000mg

Equipoise:

Internet Dosage: 800mg-1,000mg

Primobolan:

Internet Dosage: 1,000mg +

Anavar:

Low: 20-30
High: 40-50mg
Internet Dosage: 75-100mg

Anadrol:

Low: 50mg
High: 75-150mg
Internet Dosage: 150-200mg

HGH:

Low: 2-3IU per day
High: 4-6IU per day
Internet Dosage: 10-15IU+ per day

Last edited:
Ric Drasin has a YouTube series on what those guys did in the "Golden Era". Just search "rick Drasin steroids" on YouTube he has about 7 10 minute vids and some others about their diets and lifestyle.

I think one of the big differences of the 70's bodybuilders drug use/abuse compared to modern day bodybuilding drug use/abuse is that back then, time on equaled time off (give or take). I think a lot of the photos back then prove this! Now, it seems like it has become common place to be on year round!! Sadly, I think we'll begin to see more Luke Woods, Art Atwoods, Don Longs, etc. as time goes on.

Ross' AAS Dosage Guide:

(*) "Internet Dosages" are NOT to be followed! They are listed here for presentation ONLY!

Dianabol:

Low: 15-25mg
High: 30-50mg
Internet Dosage: 50-100mg

Testosterone:

Low: 150-250mg
Internet Dosage: 750-1,000mg

Deca:

Internet Dosage: 800-1,000mg

Equipoise:

Internet Dosage: 800mg-1,000mg

Primobolan:

Internet Dosage: 1,000mg +

Anavar:

Low: 20-30
High: 40-50mg
Internet Dosage: 75-100mg

Anadrol:

Low: 50mg
High: 75-150mg
Internet Dosage: 150-200mg

HGH:

Low: 2-3IU per day
High: 4-6IU per day
Internet Dosage: 10-15IU+ per day

I have nothing to contribute to this discussion but this post makes me laugh out loud. Isn't this the truth with everything now days? If the exit ramp says 35mph, people do 40mph but we all know that 60mph is perfectly safe. Nice post. FYI..if you are a newbie disregard the above internet doses:)

Last edited:
A lot of the old timers always claim guys in the Arnold Era didnt abuse a lot of drugs but for some reason i always found it a bit hard to believe. For example back then everything they did had a "More Is Better" mentality. Arnold openly states he trained 6 times a week, 2 times a day because it was thought the more you train the more you will grow.

Ken Waller and Arnold used to have eating contests at all you can eat buffets because it was thought the more protein you eat the more you will grow.

My question is if that was the mentality then why the hell would they only take 10 mgs of Dbol a day and 300 mgs of deca a week? Why not take 10 times as much because their mentality was the more the better with everything? What do you guys think?

ive seen arnolds cycle before which including up to 1 gram of primo/week and i believe either 100 or 200 mg of dbol/day cant remember what else but thats a decent dose consdering it was prob pharma grade combine tht w his genetics and im not urprised he looked like that

according to ross u shouldnt use 19-nor roids anyway so just put "any amount" under internet doses right now lol

I actually am friends with a former "Mr.Usa", and we are quite close.

He says they used to pop DBOL like it was candy. I asked him what his dose was...and he said "I don't know...i'd take 10 someday...if I was feeling puny we'd take upto 40 or so pills a day"

Yes, you heard that, that's 400mg DBOL. They might not have classified it as "abuse", because back then they really didn't know any better.

He competed late 60s-early 80s. He stopped using completely after competing, and is in somewhat good health. Well...he's still walking anyways.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear