over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The whole "70s guys didnt abuse drugs" is a bunch of BS

This subject has been talked about ad nauseum . . .

Suggest reading Muscle, Smoke and Mirrors, Volume II by Randy Roach. He interviewed many of the top
bodybuilders of the Golden Era and you might just be surprised by how much some were using. Drug
usage aside, it’s a great read for anybody who is interested in bodybuilding and nutrition.

Superhuman Radio (I’m not a big fan of by-the-way); Carl recently interviewed Randy Roach and Pete
Grymkowski (mentioned in this thread) and they talk about the real amounts of “s teroids” that bodybuilders
in the 1970's were using.

Now you can hear it from the horse’s mouth, and not the other end . . . might just be worth listening to.

lol 1000 mg dbol. there were no anti e back in the days. this guys owuldbe walking around with bitch tits.

Guess what...you're absolutely correct! I met a reporter for muscle and fitness who knew Arnold. He said Arnold would fill his hand with dbol and eat the whole damn thing. He was doing 1,000mg per day. People are so full of shit everywhere with their low dose lies.

I'll try it. I think I'll schedule a mastectomy first though. lol

Guess what...you're absolutely correct! I met a reporter for muscle and fitness who knew Arnold. He said Arnold would fill his hand with dbol and eat the whole damn thing. He was doing 1,000mg per day. People are so full of shit everywhere with their low dose lies.

That reporter is full of shit, Arnold did more than 3 tabs per day, but not even close to 1000mg per day. I am from that era and I know many bbs. Here is a one of the 60s 70s D-bol cycle: First week 10mg per day, 2nd week 15mg per day, 3th week 20mg per day, 4th week 25mg per day, 5th week 30mg per day, 6th w 25mg, 7th 20mg, 8th 15mg, 9th 10mg, 6 weeks of and start over agent the whole cycle. Trainig and food was the most important back then, today all drags.

I know some of the guys that knew Arnold very well.
they all agree that he was playing mind games with everyone , no one knows what he used. no one.

Ross' AAS Dosage Guide:

(*) "Internet Dosages" are NOT to be followed! They are listed here for presentation ONLY!

Dianabol:

Low: 15-25mg
High: 30-50mg
Internet Dosage: 50-100mg

Testosterone:

Low: 150-250mg
High: 400-600mg
Internet Dosage: 750-1,000mg

Deca:

Low: 200-300mg
Internet Dosage: 800-1,000mg

Equipoise:

Internet Dosage: 800mg-1,000mg

Primobolan:

Internet Dosage: 1,000mg +

Anavar:

Low: 20-30
High: 40-50mg
Internet Dosage: 75-100mg

Anadrol:

Low: 50mg
High: 75-150mg
Internet Dosage: 150-200mg

HGH:

Low: 2-3IU per day
High: 4-6IU per day
Internet Dosage: 10-15IU+ per day

Good post.
double the internet dose and become an instant pro...:D
(sad thing is some might do...:eek:)

I actually am friends with a former "Mr.Usa", and we are quite close.

He says they used to pop DBOL like it was candy. I asked him what his dose was...and he said "I don't know...i'd take 10 someday...if I was feeling puny we'd take upto 40 or so pills a day"

Yes, you heard that, that's 400mg DBOL. They might not have classified it as "abuse", because back then they really didn't know any better.

He competed late 60s-early 80s. He stopped using completely after competing, and is in somewhat good health. Well...he's still walking anyways.

Dbol only went up to 5mg back then! 40 pills @ 5mg = 200mg NOT 400mg!! 200 is still a lot, but it's not 400!!!

The way a lot of people are making it sound, is that they used more back then than they do now! BS!! Things evolve...Like dosages...Doesn't mean it's right or good for you, but it wouldn't go backwards!!

From what ive read everything they used was also pharm grade and super potent

I know some really old timers that were at a high level bbing and pling. They said ciba dbol in the 60s were 4-5 dollars per bottle . High high doses of dbol was common at that level. When I first used brand name dbol I was chicken to make the jump from 20mgs day to 30. Believe or not 20mgs gave awesome results. There were quite a few high level guys from the 60s and 70s that really jacked up livers kidneys and hearts. I do think aas users today abuse way more stuff at a much lower level than guys did back then. T

LOVE THIS SUBJECT!!!! I am dear friends with a Pumping Iron Legend named Leon Brown. I've known him for over thirty years and I can call him right now! and he has Arnolds private number and could call him RIGHT NOW!! I cant beleve you guys REALLLY THINK! that those guys abused drugs or used huge dosages. How could Arnold use huge doses and be only 235 at six two!! How is it that every Mr Olympia from 76 to 84 was UNDER 200LBS!! (Zane, Bannout Dickerson!) There was NO superheavyweight class, in the NPC, no gyno till 1981, no kidney transplants, no reported hospital visits (drug related) no acne! and no DEATHS! no pro show other than the O till 1979!!?? Come on. Gunther was 6'2 and 299 contest weight! compare those stats to Arnold!
Heres the answer: THEY TOOK THE DOSES THAT THEY NEEDED TO GET THE JOB DONE AND NOTHING MORE! Once they got to a certain size they looked to refine their look! NOT ENLARGE IT! It was a totlly different mentality back then! Most of us in the little mom and pop gyms barely knew drugs existed!, and it was ALL American or European HUMAN PHARM GRADE! when we found out. 300-500mgs of Deca, 10-30mgs Dbol WAS ALOT! back then and I'm confident that those physiques were built on doses like that .
Why did Serge Nubret look amazing till his death (70 yrs old) and Robby Robinson (60's), Ferrigno ,Gary Strydom, Bill Grant all look amazing for their age or ANY age! cause of huge doses!? Come on now Get Real!

AF,

Good question. Remember too in those days, if you had an "in" with a pharmacist, which was easy to find, you could just walk up to the counter, get what you needed and out the door.

The more is better concept wasn't a part of that culture in that era, gear wise anyways. Hence, that's why guys from that era, Arnold included, couldn't even be in the top 5 at Nationals.

I worked for Mike Katz for 7 years at the gym he owned.
Knew him very well. You are exactly correct about what he did.
Imagine him as a pro today? No disrespect, but seriously?

Peace,

Mack

A lot of the old timers always claim guys in the Arnold Era didnt abuse a lot of drugs but for some reason i always found it a bit hard to believe. For example back then everything they did had a "More Is Better" mentality. Arnold openly states he trained 6 times a week, 2 times a day because it was thought the more you train the more you will grow.

Ken Waller and Arnold used to have eating contests at all you can eat buffets because it was thought the more protein you eat the more you will grow.

My question is if that was the mentality then why the hell would they only take 10 mgs of Dbol a day and 300 mgs of deca a week? Why not take 10 times as much because their mentality was the more the better with everything? What do you guys think?

All I know is that I took the original Ciba Dbol back in 87 and grew like a weed off of just 25 mg/day tops. I did the pyramid cycle like Emeric mentioned. I dont think anyone was taking 1000 mg/day because it just wasnt needed and those tabs were only 5mg each, that would be 200 tabs a day and I think a bottle only had 100 in it.

That's exactly the way dbol was done back in the day. Pyramid was the way they did it. We used to get those little blue bottles with 100 tabs in them, and pyramid up to 25mg.

Best I ever grew back then was on 50mg oral Primo/day split in 2 25mg doses. Cut the pills in half. Awww...the good old days.

That reporter is full of shit, Arnold did more than 3 tabs per day, but not even close to 1000mg per day. I am from that era and I know many bbs. Here is a one of the 60s 70s D-bol cycle: First week 10mg per day, 2nd week 15mg per day, 3th week 20mg per day, 4th week 25mg per day, 5th week 30mg per day, 6th w 25mg, 7th 20mg, 8th 15mg, 9th 10mg, 6 weeks of and start over agent the whole cycle. Trainig and food was the most important back then, today all drags.

It doesn't get any more real than when Emeric posts...someone who has been there done that.

sure beats reading people posts "I heard" "I read" "A pro form the 70's told a freind of mine"

There were a few documented abusers by their own pens -Grym and Michalik...but one has to wonder rather if they were telling tall tales to get attention after the fact.

you younger guys have grown up in a drug oriented culture where everything in life is medicated now-antidepressants, anti-anxiety, attention defeciet syndrome etc.
Not everyone was comfortable swallowing and injecting anything and everything like kids are today.

Last edited:
This thread is loaded with fallacy..

Arnold used to take handfuls of Dianabol per day, BUT--5mg Dianabol pills add up, and that's what he used. So if a "handful" of Dianabol is 4-5 pills, he could do that several times per day and still be way below 100mg per day. Not a ton of Dbol.

In addition, the people who advised bodybuilders about how to use steroids were...DOCTORS! So, if doctor was suggesting 200-300mg of Deca and Test, I am sure they did 400-600 of each.

HOWEVER--that is a FAR cry from abuse, especially compared to today's standards. There was no high dosages of Testosterone, it was unheard of and thought to be "dirty", which is why there was no Gyno. There was no Tren, although "Parabolan" came soon after. There was lots of Dianabol, Primobolan, Deca, Anadrol, and Anavar.

Sorry if it discourages you that the OLD SCHOOL guys accomplished so much with so little drugs. Look at REG PARK! All-natural! I hate to sound cocky, but I look better than most of the guys I know that use MASSIVE dosages. To me, the dosages that Arnold used WERE high, as are mine. The dosages of modern bodybuilders(pro and amateur) are just downright RIDICULOUS..

This is exactly my beliefs on the matter, and I take direct experience from my old man. He was the one who raised me in bodybuilding, and it is exactly what BigNShredded stated, they had the belief that testosterone was "dirty" and it just made you gain water, so they did not do much of that, and alot of them were fans of Deca, and I remember my old man going batshit when he found of a guy at the gym he used to buy from took 600mg a week, and was telling me how that was too much. I believe all of this because myself I do not use much gear either, and both my father and I are very big guys.

I believe the mentality that you need large doses is put into people's heads because the majority of people are not meant to have bodybuilding genetics.

Good stuff my friend. I know Michalik and Grymko preached and experimented with large doses and they were huge but you look at the eveidence and it doesnt add up. There wer more under 200lb bodybuilders than over 200. And another thing most of those guys never got bigger for the last five or so years of their careers. They just got harder and sharper. By 21 Arnold had reached the end of his mass building

It doesn't get any more real than when Emeric posts...someone who has been there done that.

sure beats reading people posts "I heard" "I read" "A pro form the 70's told a freind of mine"

There were a few documented abusers by their own pens -Grym and Michalik...but one has to wonder rather if they were telling tall tales to get attention after the fact.

you younger guys have grown up in a drug oriented culture where everything in life is medicated now-antidepressants, anti-anxiety, attention defeciet syndrome etc.
Not everyone was comfortable swallowing and injecting anything and everything like kids are today.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131