over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

the worst gym ever

WTF, they have something that measures when someone drops a weight or is it some member pushing a button. The gym I belong to has gotten a lot more "family" oriented but there are still quite a few bodybuilders. I had to laugh the other night as some guy was doing tricep press downs and let the weight clang on his last rep. He came over to a machine next to me and some lady member runs up and starts berating him for putting the weight down. I look over and she goes back to doing some weird bicep curl laying on a step bench with a cable. I wish these people would work out at home.

On PF, I was in Connecticut on business and worked out for week there. I am not the strongest guy in the world but I went to do leg press and had 6 plates a side on and couldn't find anymore 45s. I did like 4 sets of 12-15 reps and people were staring at me like I was an alien. I am only 5'7 and 175 so not a big guy but geez. Weird.

I dont even know what to say about this? I am shocked!!!

When the bro posted about a siren going off I thought he was just bullshitting intill I watched the youtube clip.

Sirens and calling the cops on memebers? What has this world come to?

WTF? Bagel Monday and Pizza Friday at a gym? No wonder America is so fat lol.

Come workout, but make sure to finish off your cardio session with 4 slices of pizza!

i belong to pf, i cant complain. the one i go to is more relaxed then most tho. i went to one in jax florida, and id like to shit myself...lol that light must have went off 3 times in thirty minutes for stupid shit. the one i belong to ive never seen the light go off.( i know ive dropped weights acouple times.) the golds down the street looked like it needed a power washer and a couple days to clean.

ROFL. Yep, the gold's I used to be a member at was relatively clean. However, I've been to numerous chains around the US and some of then are down right filthy.

ROFL. Yep, the gold's I used to be a member at was relatively clean. However, I've been to numerous chains around the US and some of then are down right filthy.

i go to la fitness, which is unfortunately the best option within 50 miles of me. but they are VERY clean. sometimes too clean. the janitor is there cleaning 24/7, inbetween peoples sets she'll sweep the floor...i dont particularly mind it though, as she stays out of the way when you need her out of the way.

I see where they are coming from - they want to tap into a market that wouldn't normally get a gym membership. That being said...

they suck!

Heh, Planet Fatness

i go to la fitness, which is unfortunately the best option within 50 miles of me. but they are VERY clean. sometimes too clean. the janitor is there cleaning 24/7, inbetween peoples sets she'll sweep the floor...i dont particularly mind it though, as she stays out of the way when you need her out of the way.

Really? The closest LA fitness to me is dirty as fuck. At the time I was looking at gold's and la fitness. LA fitness was dirty and it was overcrowded when I went to go check it out. I hate the gyms where their main priority is to get as many members to sign up as they can and they they're understaffed so that the place is a dirty ass pig stye.

Really? The closest LA fitness to me is dirty as fuck. At the time I was looking at gold's and la fitness. LA fitness was dirty and it was overcrowded when I went to go check it out. I hate the gyms where their main priority is to get as many members to sign up as they can and they they're understaffed so that the place is a dirty ass pig stye.

there are 2 near me. the one i go to which is closer is much cleaner, the other one is a bit dirtier, but the equipment is a little better, but i dont need these fancy calf raise machines or whatever it is, so i stick with the cleaner one.

They have pizza Friday at the ones in my area. Its crazy, you go there an they have about 10 large pizzas out on tables on Friday afternoons.

They have an alarm if you drop a weight to hard on the floor and even took out free weight benches for a while because they did not want to many bodybuilding type in the gym.

The radio commercial says the judgment free zone, but when you walk in and inquire they say we don't want bodybuilders at this gym and if you are you should not join. Isn't that discrimination and hypocritical of there advertisement.

I wonder if someone can take them to court for that a file lawsuit.

I drive past one every day for work and thought i'd take a look inside. Whenever I walked in and inquired about the memberships the guy started to give a tour..the first thing he took be too was some circuit training thing. I asked him to show me the free weight area and he said they don't cater to body builders like other gyms. I think the dumb bells only went up to 75 too... The staff wasn't very welcoming. lol:eek:

there are 2 near me. the one i go to which is closer is much cleaner, the other one is a bit dirtier, but the equipment is a little better, but i dont need these fancy calf raise machines or whatever it is, so i stick with the cleaner one.

I agree. My gym doesn't have a lot of machines either but I place cleanliness over more machines. My gym has enough equipment though for me to get my workouts done.

PF = They are brilliant! I am talking about the marketing of course. As far as guys not liking it because they can't throw weights around and grunt, it may sound stupid but when it means making $5000 a month or $100,000 then......
it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out how I would run it. :)

Jig

I agree. My gym doesn't have a lot of machines either but I place cleanliness over more machines. My gym has enough equipment though for me to get my workouts done.

agreed, as long as i have my dumbells, benches and squat cage im good to go.

Th YMCA in the hood near my house has Oprah and Dr. Phil blaring on the TV's. Plus they always have bagels and danish's and shit sitting out for people to eat!

Nothing beats my first gym. It was an old YMCA built in like the early 1900's, old brick building that was like 5 or 6 stories tall. The gym was in the basement, when you opened the door to walk downstairs it was a smell you'd never forget. A combination of an old basement and chlorine smell. The walls were brick, and they didnt have much but what they did have was everything you needed to get big. The old cable row was one you stacked plates on and the grip was attached to a chain, not a cable. There was about 4 or 5 flat benches, one incline bench, one squat cage, and one monolift rack for squatting. The free weight room was cool, there wasnt ever really any chicks in there to look at, but the guys who went there went there to lift, period. I miss the hell out of that old gym, I miss everything about it. I miss the smell, the feel of that old narrow bench press, I miss taking a piss in the Janitors closet (there was a little Well in there, we used to piss in it while our buddies guarded the door, otherwise the bathroom was upstairs) but nobody gave a shit, you could bang weights, grunt all you wanted, nobody fucking cared. The place reminded me alot of the animal kingdom, the bigger guys got all the looks and the respect, and nobody dared to bother them. I miss that place so much, a friend called me and told me that nothing had changed down there, it was the same old gym it has always been.

Th YMCA in the hood near my house has Oprah and Dr. Phil blaring on the TV's. Plus they always have bagels and danish's and shit sitting out for people to eat!

I actually went to workout at a ymca gym in honolulu. I expected it to be shitty and dirty. I was pleasantly surprised. They had a lot of equipment which wasn't too beat up and the place was pretty clean!

yeah, lemme tell you about a bad gym. It was an expensive place in la jolla california I was checking out that was chock full of homoerotic Faconnable/Armani Exchange guys and snotty vegan bitches. I went to the less expensive place down the street (only 80 bucks a month) and the bitch factor was definitely reduced.

Last edited:
The manager of the first gym was not exatley the picture of health and fitness.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131