advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

theres a guy that wears an elevation mask in my gym everytime he works out?

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
man he grabs alot of attention wearing that thing. yall think it would really contribute much to performance, its basically just suficating you a little huh, trying to mimic the high altitude,

Same effect as a hyperbaric chamber right? Increase RBC. If you're on aas RBC is probably high already.

Umm, is this guy also missing an arm? Cause I have a dude in my gym that's usually on the cardio machine wearing one of those things and also has one of his arms missing. Talk about a combo to get attention, thats it.

Do you mean the ones that you use a high elevations(increase O2) or the ones that simulate high elevation training(decrease O2)?

Don't say shit to him until you look at his ears, if they aren't jacked up, he's probably not a fighter, but if they are......let the man train in peace. Training mask is huge with the mma guys.

Trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, he might be military and training for high altitude or doing some kind of ultra marathon and trying to build his lung capacity.

Maybe I am just a little too hopeful for society...I really hope someone doesn't just do that for the attention.

**broken link removed**

Wow, new to me. I guess if you were natural and not on steroids it might be ok. That is crazy. I would have to try really hard not to laugh at someone wearing one of those.

Umm, is this guy also missing an arm? Cause I have a dude in my gym that's usually on the cardio machine wearing one of those things and also has one of his arms missing. Talk about a combo to get attention, thats it.

na different dude but that would had been crazy if so

I have used foam ear plugs in my nostrils and a snorkel while walking on a step mill when trying to get ready for a deer hunt at high altitude , I live at sea level and the area we were hunting was above 10,000 feet.

he is likely training for somthing

Here is an endurance lesson for y'all

Train High, Live Low.

Critical factors in dramatically improving your cardiovascular endurance, if your Crit doesn't kill you first.

Here is an endurance lesson for y'all

Train High, Live Low.

Critical factors in dramatically improving your cardiovascular endurance, if your Crit doesn't kill you first.

Hey Coach,
I'm sure you've heard about Lance Armstrong getting harassed again and now banned from the Ironman this year because of a "pending" investigation? Could he pop positive for EPO if he was training at altitude?

To the op: I remember watching a video of Wanderlei Silva training in a snorkel or gas mask, brutal workout, and he gassed anyway in the fight he trained for. Dunno if it helps.

**broken link removed**

Wow, new to me. I guess if you were natural and not on steroids it might be ok. That is crazy. I would have to try really hard not to laugh at someone wearing one of those.

Looks like Darth Vader Nemesis LoL!

I've read a few studies that say the masks are worthless for training effect; there's more to altitude training than oxygen deprivation.

High altitude training does work - it's pretty freaky. I spent 3 weeks training at altitude one summer, came back to sea level, and my conditioning was crazy. The same cardio work that was pushing me to anaerobic threshold was now keeping me safely in the aerobic zone.

Benefit doesn't last, though. But I think for my sport, strongman, it could be a great tool.

man he grabs alot of attention wearing that thing. yall think it would really contribute much to performance, its basically just suficating you a little huh, trying to mimic the high altitude,

Alot of boxers and MMA fighters use these to train for increased cardio output and endurance.

Ooppps, correction. Kids, just say no to drugs!

Well, I am happy no one called me out on my reversal. I need to quit the bong.

It's train low, live high. Training high altitude reduces your capacity to work. So you should train at see level, more O2, you can train harder.

Then you sleep in a high altitude tent, so you build up your RBC.

My bad.

Ehren, I believe I read a few years ago that the doping agencies had old blood samples from Lance from before they could test for EPO. Lance said the samples were too old to be meaningful. One of the doping guys said they can test for evidence that EPO traces are in the sample. So the guy said that old blood samples don't suddenly grow markers for EPO. So if there is evidence of EPO, even if the sample is 12 years old, Lance is guilty. And alledgedly that was the case. .??? The US Justice Department was heavily criticized for dropping their case against Lance. I believe that is why the US doping agency is going after him. And their threshold to find an athlete guilty is lower than a court of law.

I have very mixed emotions on this, but IMHO Lance is fucked this time.

Trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, he might be military and training for high altitude or doing some kind of ultra marathon and trying to build his lung capacity.

Agreed...Either that or he's a fighter.....

Well, I am happy no one called me out on my reversal. I need to quit the bong.

It's train low, live high. Training high altitude reduces your capacity to work. So you should train at see level, more O2, you can train harder.

Then you sleep in a high altitude tent, so you build up your RBC.

My bad.

Ehren, I believe I read a few years ago that the doping agencies had old blood samples from Lance from before they could test for EPO. Lance said the samples were too old to be meaningful. One of the doping guys said they can test for evidence that EPO traces are in the sample. So the guy said that old blood samples don't suddenly grow markers for EPO. So if there is evidence of EPO, even if the sample is 12 years old, Lance is guilty. And alledgedly that was the case. .??? The US Justice Department was heavily criticized for dropping their case against Lance. I believe that is why the US doping agency is going after him. And their threshold to find an athlete guilty is lower than a court of law.

I have very mixed emotions on this, but IMHO Lance is fucked this time.

How about blood doping the old fashion way where they do a few phlebotomies and then process that so they get out the plasma and then reinject that again later on prior to the contest so that they boost their hematocrit? Are there rules that would help to disqualify those people? I think it would be hard because some people just naturally have higher hematocrits. Maybe all the athletes have baseline HCT numbers tested and then they retest them before the contest to see if they go up a lot? Just curious as to how they might control for that.

How about blood doping the old fashion way where they do a few phlebotomies and then process that so they get out the plasma and then reinject that again later on prior to the contest so that they boost their hematocrit? Are there rules that would help to disqualify those people? I think it would be hard because some people just naturally have higher hematocrits. Maybe all the athletes have baseline HCT numbers tested and then they retest them before the contest to see if they go up a lot? Just curious as to how they might control for that.

I heard they're developing a test to try to detect blood doping where it's your own blood you're re-injecting, but Contador (cyclist) was caught out because there were chemical traces of the IV bag he used detectable in his blood. Crazy stuff, those cyclists are fucking nuts!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear